Question: What is your succes story?

Fuck me u loose 3k ped a week thats not bad is chipping out 3k ped worth of skills a week a option to keep u at break even and hunting longer

Seems clever to chip out skills as he is not doing good enough loot wise, so his skills will decline making him suffer even more from bad returns/he will have to step down his level of hunting

:scratch2:

OT: Got no success story yet :) best purchase I ever did tho (so far) was my Dante amp.. Reason?

Made all my (L) bought guns last for A LOT more peds cycled than with my a104... Yes I went from laser to BLP, but still the best damn move I made so far... Using it with (L) 38 Jungle from arkadia it seems to last about 1400 ped cycled.. or there abouts.. Anyway it has helped me to actually loot some items during my hunts now to cover my MU for the guns I buy, I love it!

Did not deposit.

Ended up in cK somehow.

Success!

Reactions: Mel
Started out hearing about game from a friend. Logged in died but did not know what a TP was so quit in flustration. A month later I got bugged to log in. Here a friend showed me what a TP was and a few basics. I sweated for a year with no deposits, mined for penny's profit, and hunted to loot my own set of gremlin.

Decided to up my play, made a couple deposits and ran through them fast in events. So I made a strategy where I bought guns, armor, and high mu stacks les during events. Not letting myself kill event mobs. Then 2-3 weeks after events I would slowly leak my items onto auction. This was good enough to sustain my play with a little profit. I took summer breaks off from hunting also, only logged in to buy cheap items that would sell in winter. Withdrew a few thousand peds in meantime leaving enough t stockpile items on card.

When CLD where released I bought all I could every paycheck. When price hit 1300 each, I found a RL opportunity to buy a apple orchard. To my non surprise, withdraw took to long I missed out. Took a 6 month break.

Came back tiered up Apis for resale while hunting some 1 in cp while output mu was 200%. This allowed me to sell higher tier Apis at tier 2-3 and use them for nearly free, resulting in ok profits. Slowly bought back some CLD. CLD hit a price where a unl sib made more sense. Sold most my re-acquired CLD for a spirit mk1. camped cp cave from opening looting 8 bones and angel foots. Sold those to get a 5 piece mix if angel/Tiger.

Now to the present of finding another way to profit while playing a fun game, the play part is easy the finding niches to profit while still having fun is the challenging part.

Typed on phone sry for grammar, and GL out there :D

That is indeed succes :) So how did you do it or just luck?
Lots of excel spreadsheets. If it wasn't for the forced challenge aspect of it, it would have been much better for me to just deposit $50 and skip the first many months of sweating.

I've posted quite a bit here and there but the condensed version is.

unamped mining, crafting when it is profitable to do so (remember 150% metal residue?), hunting lots and lots of small mobs with good markup.

Now, i pretty much do whatever and occasionally update blog posts when my computer doesn't crash and wipe out all my spreadsheets.

It's hard to be specific because it changes constantly, I don't spend time trading or reselling, I don't usually hunt big mobs except in team or with an event reason to. (L) armor and weapons allow me to survive team hunts with much better players and still do enough damage to not drag down the team (though i did have to borrow weapons in the last MM).

I mostly aim to break even or lose slowly until I find the next profitable thing and do that until it's no longer profitable.

Some examples
sabakuma when orange paint was 500%!
drones when gazz (obvious)
argo when iron (obvious at certain markups)
solis when ~200%
thorafiod when tbird feet (L)were 150% and they dropped 4-5 per 500 ped run.
next island papoo when any brand new player could have made thousands of ped farming time travel crystals.
blazar when they came out, same as above.
many events.
etc etc etc.

Just know when to overdo it and when not to overdo it and crash the price ;) When the latest bot event started the markup on harbinger items was easy profit once I figured that out for about a week until a whole bunch of other people figured that out too.

so, just luck ;)

Dunno, hard to measure success, as with the thread starter that doesn't hunt, mine, or craft. So success isn't actually measured in playing in Entropia. I actually think it's heinous that MA has not instituted both a "lookover" period for auctions, even 1min, and a "never tt" check-box on items. I just can't compete with taking advantage of others obvious mistakes, which means every great "deal" became a "worst mistake in game ever made, and why I don't play anymore" kinda shit for someone else. It's neither a deal, nor a success.

I logged in. Now I'm building a house with some of the money I made. I like turtles. :)

Got my wife to play = WIN ;)

Seems clever to chip out skills as he is not doing good enough loot wise, so his skills will decline making him suffer even more from bad returns/he will have to step down his level of hunting

:scratch2:

he probably gains 20kped worth of skills

Hey All.
In 2006 I Discovered EU from a news item about the asteroid sale and that you could play for free :laugh:
Started sweating at Pheonix like everyone else and soon got jack of that. Id been playing 3 weeks so i deposited $100 and bought a vigi and some mining gear went for a noob mine and hit a 6.8k Alice tower :yay:
I was so noob i didn't know what rich on the finder meant as i run towards where the claim was indicated lol
with that i bought loads of new toys,some boar,skills,apt,new guns.went through it like a dose of salts and was hooked.
In 2008 i took a year off as after that 6.8k i didn't hit anything and was getting fed up with the seemingly unbalanced returns.
AS an Example this was the last straw that broke my willpower to stay.I was out hunting around fury killing feffs for hours and getting crap when i see"Snake Slither" running from the TP and start killing feffs and hit an uber in the first few mobs. GRRR no hard feelings Snake but you did push me over the limit lol.
Said to myself F this shit, So i chipped out and sold everything i owned except Rifle, LWT ,anatomy skills and went and played WOW but in the back of my mind i always missed EU
2009 came back and hit it hard depoing more than i should but having a great time loads of mining getting the skills back then towards the end of 2009 hit an ath of 52k durulium that was just magic bought angel and camo arms doa lm,was having a great time till i got an offer to buy a Nissan patrol i had 3/4 of the $ but needed another 5k so sold the gear and bought the car:)) don't regret for a minute (ps just for the withdrawal times) first withdrawal took 3 weeks second took 4 days go figure.
hit another 5k tower on foma about a month or 2 later been logged in for 10 minutes lol
After this loot seemed to dry up and its taken this long for it to start flowing again.
So now ive been here 7 years got about 180-190k skills
Started again collecting Angel: but that's slow work, have some nice clothes:cool: and a few nice toys
Giving mining a rest till the mining system does something different to what it is now.
Having lots of fun hunting now,more than i did in the past.
Best loots
Hunting 2.8k AoA
Mining 52k durulium 6.8k alice 5.4k petonium 6.6k caldrite
Craft 650 lvl1 amp

Last edited:
I was out hunting around fury killing feffs for hours and getting crap when i see"Snake Slither" running from the TP and start killing feffs and hit an uber in the first few mobs. GRRR no hard feelings Snake but you did push me over the limit lol.

:laugh: Sorry mate. I'd probably just lost 10k crafting to get that 8k feff :laugh: My hunting hofs were so much higher when I used to lose lots of peds crafting :scratch2:

he probably gains 20kped worth of skills

And in your logic when loot gets rough he should CHIP OUT of those skills, sell it to then keep grinding, losing more, chipping out more

Where do you see an end of this? Just trying to open your mind lol

My Success story:
I've had fun. I've been entertained.

A few words about decency
This'll probably make me unpopular and earn me a load of neg reps... But...
In auction i learned how to buy for example all daikibawools so there was nothing left and relist small stacks and made some profit with that.
1 day when i was busy with selling stacks i saw that someone made a mistake in auction and sold a maddox 4 for way too less peds. I bought it very fast and since that day i sniped auction.

I made tons of peds with that, bought several estate deeds for tt, bought alot of bp's for way too less. Most i made in 1 deal was 22000ped. But alot of times i made 1k/2k peds per item. Average was like 200/800 ped a day. ...
So... Infinity.
You make loads of peds by preying on other ppls mistakes. And by cornering the market. And you brag about it.
What a sweetie you are.

What about this one: "Oh some dude made an expensive mistake on auction. I'll buy it for him, and hand it back if he wants it. He might even give me a reward for saving his ass."
Some ppl actually does things like that. And they don't have to brag about it.

Maybe I shouldn't... But...
Ps. If someone thinks I'm whining too much, don't PM Syri but have the decensy to tell it to my face!
You're whining too much :wise:

And in your logic when loot gets rough he should CHIP OUT of those skills, sell it to then keep grinding, losing more, chipping out more

Where do you see an end of this? Just trying to open your mind lol

20k minus 3k is still gaining 17k worth skills no? he already over 100 prof standing with the best gear in game gg

Once upon a time there was this guy K-Max he had some PED, he went hunting, mining and crafting and now he has none....

True story.....

post deleted

Last edited:
Fuck me u loose 3k ped a week thats not bad is chipping out 3k ped worth of skills a week a option to keep u at break even and hunting longer

lol at gaining 3k ped worth of skills after esi cost with current mu/week.
& fotr those wondering, I made this post because every few weeks, I get a question from unknown ppl abouyt how much peds I make/month hunting

I looted a Mod Merc

My wife and I were with some friends a while back and looted a mod merc (See picture). My wife and I with one other friend looted an UNL HL8 in an ATH. We sold the HL8 for 60k ped (yes, that was long ago). The two of us also looted an UNL Emik X5 with 3 other friends in an ATH. We also had a nice ATH during our welcome hunt when we joined cK family years ago (it was split in a big team but it was still fun). EU has been a blast for the two of us. We started playing in 2006 and haven't played any other game since. I can't say I really "profit" from EU but I have had loads of fun. Honestly, I never really had any expectations of profit. I go to work to make money. I log into EU to have fun. It's that simple.

Peace,
JKP

Reactions: Mac
My wife and I were with some friends a while back and looted a mod merc (See picture). My wife and I with one other friend looted an UNL HL8 in an ATH. We sold the HL8 for 60k ped (yes, that was long ago). The two of us also looted an UNL Emik X5 with 3 other friends in an ATH. We also had a nice ATH during our welcome hunt when we joined cK family years ago (it was split in a big team but it was still fun). EU has been a blast for the two of us. We started playing in 2006 and haven't played any other game since. I can't say I really "profit" from EU but I have had loads of fun. Honestly, I never really had any expectations of profit. I go to work to make money. I log into EU to have fun. It's that simple.

Peace,
JKP

Awesome :thumbup:

Peace,
JKP

Now thats what i call a real success story. Big gratz m8 to both of u. Very well done. :)

I have never defined success as particularly related to money. But with too much time on my hands, I have and still do enjoy EU a lot.
I've made a crapton of really good friends, including falling in love and being suitably heartbroken at one point. My Facebook account always has friend invites, every time I log in (due to EU). My interest in setting up another EU forum has led me to the current love of my life; computer programming LOL
I don't have enough time left over for EU as much anymore, but I owe it/her a lot!

My success is that after 7 years, I finally have a home to crash down after a hard days work. And the view from the 18th floor of the Omegaton Alpha building is gorgeous :D

I log in to EU to put real life problems aside while I face the endless challenges of Calypso and beyond. My goal is escapist fun, and the complexity of EU makes this virtual life engaging over the long haul. EU lets you define your own success. This is mine:

6+ Years of Entertainment (about 3 hours of active play daily) for less than $1 a day - and still having a blast.

:beerchug:
Miles

Veni, vidi, vici.

(I wish ;-) )

I earned a 1 cld from sweating :wise:

Just sold 30 clds (at mu profit over cost), and withdrew a bit more than I put in for clds. :dunce:

both are decent accomplishments for 1 year I think.

Last edited:
Success? Come on now! Really?

Success? Come on now! Really?

Just made withdraw of 33,000 ped today. Did notice instead of 30 business days, it now says in my email 40 business days :eek:

but success is how you measure it. I am excel table and finance nerd, I look for all ways to make small ped and find it fun.

Back