What kind of Weapon and armor shoud I buy?

Iberian Wolf

Hatchling
Lucas Salguiva
Hi, I want to buy weapon and armor but there are so many that I have no idea of which one is the better.Could you give me your professional opinion? Thank you.

Ok, you need to give a lot more detail about you're skills, amount of cash you have.

Iam going to assume that are resonbly new player / lowish skills. There for pixie or possible goblin armor are you're best choice if you ahve some more ped then rascal is very good and still low decay. Weapon wise the D1 / man mph is good range weapon is you want more damage add an A101 for better dmg / sec than equivlent damage gun. If you like melle weapons instead obviously the axe is first choice even though it's dmg / sec is a lot lower its still very good for the money after that go for 2x0 then maby valor when better skill and more cash.

My general suggestion

My general suggestions as as follows;
Snipers (riflemen) should start with Jester D-1, Pistoleers with Mann MPH.
Both should skip armor in the beginning.
Next step could be A&P Hero or EWE EP-32
Then go for A-3 Justifier Mk.II or Omegaton M2875.

When it come to rascal, i have a set and i have been testing it a bit and find it rather useless.
Rascal Stats
cut: 5
impact: 15
burn: 12

As you can see if we compare with
Pixie Stats
cut: 3
impact: 9
They have some distinct similarities and Rascal is more or less an improved Pixie set. As you can also see, both of them are missing Stab protection, which is very important on many mobs that you will/should hunt in the beginning, such as small atrox and midsized atrax (I suggest waiting with those two till youre using Mk.II or M2875 or similar, but they give great skills).
The main damage types of a lot of mobs is Stab, Cut and Impact and both Pixie and Rascal is missing stab and have low cut.

Vigilante Stats
stab: 14
cut: 14
impact: 7
penetration: 14
burn: 14
Vigilante would be a better overall option in my opinion and its not all that expencive either. It has much higher combined stab/cut/impact than Pixie and Rascal, but yes, it also decay more. Armor dont have ammo burn, so you pay for the protection by the way of decay instead.
Based on these simple things imo Pixie and Rascal is a waste of PEDs (and i regret buying a rascal set for my noob ava, i do better with the vigi arms and helmet, pixie shins, goblin gloves and knight harness than in full rascal).
I know some people are dying to say "but the pixie decay is neglectable". Dont even bother to say it, my only reply is that "So is the protection".
The reason why i say skip armor in the beginning is simply that Pixi have crap protection and youll probably loot a bunch of pixie parts you can use anyways and rascal is not much better but have a much worse pricetag. I know the pricetag is not hughe in the big picture, but its still not worth it.
Vigilante was, last i checked, atleast for female avatars, not much more expencive than rascal and has much better protection and i suggest you use armor you loot rather than buy untill you can go to vigilante armor as a minimum.

There is a big step in PEDs between Pixie and Vigilante;

Code:
Pixie Full TT 12.4
Vigilante Full TT 192.5

But like you say is a diffrents in protection as well. Im new in PE and thinks that almost 200 PED is a hugh stack of PEDs...

I dont think 12.4-15 PED for a okay armor like Pixie is waste of PEDs.

I'll state this once again...

New players don't need armor ;) Just get yourself a nice gun ( Jester D1 or something similar ) or a 1x0 axe and go have fun, and go slay some low level mobs, which drop FAP 5... after looting one of those, have more fun ;)

If you have some more peds to burn... maybe get a low level armor, but really... a fap is more useful ( builts skills too ) in my opinion

palladin armour? Opinions?

What are your thoughts on pallidin?

Well, i've heard the decay on Paladin is horrible. Not sure though.

Just remember the armour chart on another site. Its lists vigi's durability at 2550 and paladin's at 2200.

Can I infer the decay just from this number, or is there more info needed?

I agree with some ideas here, but I believe you should start out with a pixie set. I believe everyone in game should own a set or two. Im going to assume you want to become a Great Master Laser Sniper. Deposit $10-20 to start (and pop that deposit cherry), and buy a set of pixie, a jester (or outbacko if you dont like the jester's color), a fap 5, and spend the remaining 160 peds or so recycling ammo, hunting as much as you possibly can.

I Have an opinion for what it's worth :)

I have a starter Avatar and have been using Pixie. My usual quarry are snables, exos, diakiba and berycleds.

I discovered that I have started to hunt/sweat snables, exos and daikibas wearing no armour to save on costs. This works.

I don't last long against a berycled with no armour so I now use Goblin armour as it is better against berycleds than Pixie. Goblin costs about twice as much to run as Pixie but IMHO is a better balance for the low-end mobs.

So get a Goblin set :wise:

btw - the mann mph is a fast gun at 0.7 second reload. It takes little skill to use. If you put an A106 amp on it you have a gun which will hit at max 32 dmg/sec with low skill and high efficiency.

btw2 - Rascal is cool and is on my shopping list :tongue2:

The Counsellor

Last edited:
Stryker said:
I agree with some ideas here, but I believe you should start out with a pixie set. I believe everyone in game should own a set or two. Im going to assume you want to become a Great Master Laser Sniper. Deposit $10-20 to start (and pop that deposit cherry), and buy a set of pixie, a jester (or outbacko if you dont like the jester's color), a fap 5, and spend the remaining 160 peds or so recycling ammo, hunting as much as you possibly can.

good advice, I'd add that you may be tempted to go for a better fap to heal quicker - don't at least until you have some First Aid skills and your healing more than 60% of max heal on FAP5, I'd also consider rascal its not too expensive to buy and cheap to run and will cure any frustration of getting killed to often.

yup, rascal comes if you got a little extra ped for decay and dont like dying

For starters, I got pixie, and the fap 5. (I learned about faps on my own, I thought they were stupid and a waste of ped at first. I would kill a snable, and then sit there for 5 minutes and wait to heal. DON'T do this)

Once you get ~ 300 or so FA skills, you are safe bet to go up to fap 18, and then to eiher a 28 or 50, i cant remember what i did now...

I'm an infrequent player. I didn't play at all for about 7 months and just started up again. Before that, I played a fair bit for a couple months. I think I'm something like a Weak Laser Sniper and similar level with a long blade.

Yesterday, I bought an A3 Justifier Mk II, added a A103 (it adds 10), and an Enblade-6. I can reliably get damage of 40 - 50 with either weapon if I slow down. I think the max on both weapons is just over 50. One is 53, I remember. (I'm at work and don't have the numbers here) At any rate, it seems I'm able to get a reasonably high percentage of the weapons capability.

I've been able to kill a few of the larger animals south of Phoenix in a few ties without armor at all.

I got a FAP 10, which has been quite nice.

I put in $20 cash to finance this. (I'm in my forties with a wife and three kids. I have more money than time, if you know what I mean)

Question: Do these seem like reasonable weapons given this limited description of my abilities?

And for armor, I ran across a set of paladin for what seemed like a reasonable price, tt+100.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
gp

For all those looking for Paladin armor -> skip it. Get either knight armor or nemesis if you've got the money for it.

Paladin is something of a mix of vigilante and knight armor, but with a bunch more decay :wise:

Counsellor777 said:
I Have an opinion for what it's worth :)

I have a starter Avatar and have been using Pixie. My usual quarry are snables, exos, diakiba and berycleds.

I discovered that I have started to hunt/sweat snables, exos and daikibas wearing no armour to save on costs. This works.

I don't last long against a berycled with no armour so I now use Goblin armour as it is better against berycleds than Pixie. Goblin costs about twice as much to run as Pixie but IMHO is a better balance for the low-end mobs.

So get a Goblin set :wise:

btw - the mann mph is a fast gun at 0.7 second reload. It takes little skill to use. If you put an A106 amp on it you have a gun which will hit at max 32 dmg/sec with low skill and high efficiency.

btw2 - Rascal is cool and is on my shopping list :tongue2:

The Counsellor

Yes to the get a goblin set, but NO dont you dare recommend a new person putting on an amp like that o_O

Amps require skills to be able to use efficiently, and sticking that much on a mann mph is crazy IMO, esp at n00b skill lvls :eek:

When time comes, if you are a handgunner (Enjoy the easy ammo :p See wierd ammo post), skill mann to...well...I would say ~ 2k with old skill system, but now i dunno. I am a rifleman, but i would say go from mann to a 2875, and then hunt snables after next VU and loot yourself a imp 2870 ;)

I'm a little puzzled (nothing new, actually...)

I'm referencing numbers from this chart: http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/armorchart.htm

On this list knight durability is shown as 1900, paladin 2200. Does this number really represent the decay on armour or are there other factors?

I'm not arguing one way or the other, just trying to understand how to make an evaluation.

I appreciate the recommendations.

Thanks,
gp

goldpython said:
I'm a little puzzled (nothing new, actually...)

I'm referencing numbers from this chart: http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/armorchart.htm

On this list knight durability is shown as 1900, paladin 2200. Does this number really represent the decay on armour or are there other factors?

I'm not arguing one way or the other, just trying to understand how to make an evaluation.

I appreciate the recommendations.

Thanks,
gp

TT value/durability=decay ;)

Aha! Thanks. That makes sense.

Armors

goldpython said:
What are your thoughts on pallidin?
Its looks good. Samurai and dragon look very good too.
But as to the usefullness of armors, id still say noobs should go hunt without it untill they reach the point where they should have a vigilante set or better.

Wrong..

gurkha said:
TT value/durability=decay ;)
Wrong.
For lots of reasons. Read more about it at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6548
The main faults with that formula is that;
* Armor decay is not linear, in good condition it decay less than in bad condition.
* It dont take into account the fact that armors dont decay the same on all creatures, but that it decay differently based on the attack types creatures does.

Tigerman said:
Wrong.
For lots of reasons. Read more about it at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6548
The main faults with that formula is that;
* Armor decay is not linear, in good condition it decay less than in bad condition.
* It dont take into account the fact that armors dont decay the same on all creatures, but that it decay differently based on the attack types creatures does.

I would think it would decay more at start, while offering full protection, and the decay would lessen as the protection level went down. I noticed this hunting in space.

Back