Info: What really ONE system ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
This is an absolute no brainer and a testament to the STUPIDITY of all participants of this little game. It is not gambling and let me show you why. All three ingame resource producing systems do exactly the same thing and have the same mechanics.

Allow me to explain, in crafting we have a condition slider, ie a line. Mining we have x,y,z, oh look several lines, same for hunting. These lines are of a set length and only one single location can be selected in the above mentioned line at one time.

Here comes the crux of the system, a frequency generator. There was a TV series here that aired I think lats 70's early 80's called "Knight Rider" with a car that had an advanced AI. That vehicle had a very peculator feature on it's front grill. I am of course talking about the strobe light.

Imagine trying to guess where on the strobe light, the last light that is on, is. If you pick the same point, eventually after a set amount of pulses you will be correct, that is your frequency. Over all the average success rate for most of the professions is about 25%, ie you have a 1 in 4 shot of selecting the correct point where the system is going to pulse to next. Mining, hunting and crafting use the same concept.

Lets talk about the pulse a little bit, If I look at the edge of a 2d circle, I will see a straight line, send a pulse through the circle, the resulting strobe will, start at the beginning, go to the end half way through it's cycle and pulse back to where it started from. Exactly the same as Kitt's strobe light.

There are untold variations to this strobe idea, but here could be something interesting.

0000 0001 0010 0011 0100 0101 0110 0111 1000 1001 1010 1011 1100 1101 1110 1111
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 :scratch2:

Think of it as digital paper-tape.

One other possible circle variation could be that of a Lissajous curve. Simply put take the circle that I have mentioned above and put a twist in it. One could even take the circle and make it into a 3d square, try it, the elastic band from a new computer case does the job beautifully.

To summarize what we have in all 3 systems is simply put a frequency generator. That's the entire system in a nutshell.

Knight Riders car is deciding what loot we get? :yay:

By the way, why would this be a testament to the stupidity of ALL participants? :confused:

But I think anyone with half a brain can see the tone / frequency / pulse generator as loots are not evenly distributed and if it is done on the fly, it has to be a freq generator. All Hofs also occur during the same cycle too...

Dumb idea, No evidence, sorry

Last edited:
By the way, why would this be a testament to the stupidity of ALL participants? :confused:

yeah, I didn't get that one, neither... :scratch2:

Anyway, thx for the system in a nutshell, I see you can explain it quite simply ;) j/k

The Kitt Loot Theory has been born

LMAO for the Kitt Loot Theory! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I even have a short name for it.... KiLT :yay::yay::yay::wtg::wtg:

ah dang, sry for double post, plz delete this one :ahh:

I also don't get it why this post is "testament to the STUPIDITY of all participants of this little game." I looked to see if this thread is in the "joke" section. it is not so you may be 1% serious here.
I am not sure what timing or frequency you talk about, what about the slider in the crafting machine? You have to move it in some techno beat to get a HOF and in 4/4 tact for a global. tup tu tu pa tup tu tu pa.
And I don't believe that loot sits some where waiting for you to guess where is it.
and btw what is a 2D circle :scratch2:

I also don't get it why this post is "testament to the STUPIDITY of all participants of this little game." I looked to see if this thread is in the "joke" section. it is not so you may be 1% serious here.
I am not sure what timing or frequency you talk about, what about the slider in the crafting machine? You have to move it in some techno beat to get a HOF and in 4/4 tact for a global. tup tu tu pa tup tu tu pa.
And I don't believe that loot sits some where waiting for you to guess where is it.

oh, dang, watch out mate or you'll be like me... :computer::scratch::umn::drool: then comes the need of a reboot :D
I know sometimes Ratt3x's posts can hurt your brain, don't feel bad about this, it's ok. :laugh:

(just joking ;) )

Knight Riders car is deciding what loot we get? :yay:

Ok perhaps not ALL, that is perhaps too a sharp a word, but I have not really seen any sort of idea quite like this one before, ok perhaps for Nightbird, but that one died out very quickly and could only explain mining.

What's a 3d square? :scratch2:

One other possible circle variation could be that of a Lissajous curve. Simply put take the circle that I have mentioned above and put a twist in it.

You mean like a figure 8?

Sounds familiar :tongue2:

Sorry I am a bit scatterbrained. I will be as math friendly as possible. The UI for crafting consists of 2 elements, a quality / quantity slider and a bacon button. The other 2 professions also have give me bacon buttons, they also have lines. Mining line that I am walking along, and distance to target with regards to hunting.

I am going to play with crafting for the most part here as it is the easiest to explain using lines. I have to select a value on this slider and choose when to attempt to craft. In the background unknown to the players is a pulse, used normally to sync the actions of players up to a central server. However this pulse is also acting as a clock, counting the amount of pulses that have occurred. The value that I have selected on the slider and the value on this pulse must coincide in order for me to obtain loot. I can keep the slider where it is and just spam bacon. I will get varying degrees of bacon.

If this timer was known to me, I could constantly obtain bacon. Each pulse could of course select points on the line, thats the reason for my counting in binary. You could even have multiple pulses that change target systems, for example one that simply works out the existence of loot and another that works out how much loot, based on when you click the button for bacon

With regards to the circle, we are talking mining now, a flat circle is a line, and would therefore work the same way as above. A circle also relates very well to a clock and the idea of time as being an obvious factor ingame.

That is also a no brainer, it is time dependent, Hofs and globals occur at set times / frequencies. You have to be stupid / brain-dead / blind not to see that, that has always been there.

With mining it is quite easy to see, simply mine in a circle, I performed this last night, 30 points, 108m apart in a circle covering a squared km. I noticed 4 distinct quads of loot classes. 2 average deposit areas, one low and one high, looked like a sine wave to me.

I shrank the circle and repeated the test, results were the same, even the distinct quad of high loot was the same. I then proceeded to change areas completely..... (This is more of a mining post, so do not read further if it is not interesting.) and mine the squared km again, same results of high, ave and low loot in the same quads as seen before.
One interesting observation, my hit rate across all quads dropped significantly when there were hoffs going off.

Here comes the crux of the system, a frequency generator. There was a TV series here that aired I think lats 70's early 80's called "Knight Rider" with a car that had an advanced AI. That vehicle had a very peculator feature on it's front grill. I am of course talking about the strobe light.

I don't think KITT is a very good example of a sophisticated AI capable of running the intricate frequency generator of something like Entropia. I mean, comon... it's a car. :laugh:

I much prefer to think of something a little more advanced...

Something like Twiki.

twiki-robot.jpg

You mean like a figure 8?

Sounds familiar :tongue2:

A figure 8 yes, but that is only one of it's infinite forms .Here. I have not really looked at the figure 8 stuff as it has some rather complex math in it and leads to other even more complex stuff like quantum physics and different forms of 3d space.

What was interesting was the self-similarity, the fact that the same perceived pattern was repeated over and over again in the same coordinates. There is a lot of self-similarity in 3d spaces aswell Here is something that will mess your head right up.

a cube ??? :laugh::scratch2:

wrt the OP, that's plain evidence that playing too much EU will make you see strobe lights :tongue2::eyecrazy:

The reason that I chose strobe lights as an example is obvious, it described the motion of a lissa curve when looking at it sideways, like you are looking at the edge of a coin.

No one ever thought about "a frequency generator"? For some reason, the words "software random number generator" comes to mind.

I don't think KITT is a very good example of a sophisticated AI capable of running the intricate frequency generator of something like Entropia. I mean, comon... it's a car. :laugh:

I much prefer to think of something a little more advanced...

Something like Twiki.

twiki-robot.jpg

Or ...

35_robin_gr.gif

I see now, Twiki is lootius and Kitt tells him all about the Hof... Your a genius.... How did I not see this before...

Spooky, I only typed before once, yet it appears twice. No matter how I try to edit it the second before always appears. Twiki is all powerfull.

So... KITT decides if I get bacon - delicious idea! :D

On a more serious note the strobe that I thought was a line, hell no, it looks like a triangle from the side. From the top it still looks like a circle. Its a cone, think of it as a loot cone. This is something that will work

At the very top I have very low value loot, high frequency, small area, this loot type is quite easy to find.

Next layer higher value loot, lower frequency, larger area. And do it goes lower and lower. I think this is a match and a bloody good one.

We are all looking at the system at a whole not really at each individual component, ie each layer of complexity. Something like this. The figure is just upside down.... and off centre, will have to do a picture of it...

9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
7 7 7 7 7 7 7
6 6 6 6 6 6
5 5 5 5 5
4 4 4 4
3 3 3
2 2

There are problems with using something like this ........ Too many layers.....You have fixed ped resources coming into this system and being distributed evenly. Mindark will be unlocking different areas, which will either create a new layer or stretch the existing layers out, which will have a devastating effect on the game, hit rates will plummit. Entire slices of the cone will be chopped off, just like a circumcision.

Mining veins are a prime example of this, if class 1 existed, I could literary drop a bomb anywhere and get a hit, but the loot coming back from my deposit of bomb into ground would be distributed throughout the entire server as there are multiple copies of class 1 in all locations. The larger the area, the less ped in each square block of that area.

If I squash this cone, what does it look like ? S P I R A L !!!

Something like this

9:28 It could even look like a pyramid. Ye it is probably a pyramid. From the top it would look as so

layer 1
X
layer 2
XX
XX
layer 3
XXX
XXX
XXX

Basically 9 copies of layer 1 are sitting on top of layer 3. Notice the lovely binary pattern ?
Coverage area of layer 1 is 1^2, layer 2 is 2^2 etc..

Sorry I do this a lot actual thinking on forums... Circle of radius x has an area of pi()*r^2. Dimensions of square with the same area would be sqrt(pi()*r^2) fantastic....

It could of course be any shape polygon it wants to be. I am going to need help with the math. If anyone reading this is into stuff like quantum physics and the like, please pm me. This is going to get heavy fast.

Last edited:
Don't take drugs, kids

Well any theory requires a correlation with reality. This correlation is achieved if we can make predictions based on theory. Have you been able to achieve a repeatable prediction based on it? :scratch2:

beautiful_mind.jpg

Nothing wrong with exploring theories, but out of interest have you seen the film "A Beautiful Mind" ? :)

Be serious please.

Just go and play the game :laugh:

Theory of mind is the ability to attribute mental states—beliefs, intents, desires, pretending, knowledge, etc.—to oneself and others and to understand that others have beliefs, desires and intentions that are different from one's own

Its the individual that pushes the button overides any theory. :lolup:
Therfore

In logic, a transformation rule or rule of inference is a syntactic rule or function which takes premises and returns a conclusion (or in multiple-conclusion logic, conclusions). For example, the rule of inference modus ponens takes two premises, one of the form "If p then q" and another of the form p and returns the conclusion q. The rule is sound with respect to the semantics of classical logic (as well as the semantics of many other non-classical logics), in the sense that if the premises are true (under an interpretation) then so is the conclusion.
Typically a rule of inference preserves the semantic property of truth (or designationhood more generally—see many-valued logic). But taken purely syntactically, a rule of inference need not preserve any semantic property: any function from sets of formulae to formulae counts as a rule of inference. Usually only rules that are recursive are of interest; i.e. rules such that there is an effective procedure for determining whether any given formula is the conclusion of a given set of formulae according to the rule. An example of a rule that is not effective in this sense is the infinitary ω-rule.[1]

So re the op :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Just enjoy the game mate. Throw your theories out the window. and have some fun :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Back