What should I do to mainly close to or break even in this game?

Listen to narfi and you`ll do it ;)

I believe you`ll not break even until you are skilled enough for p4/p5 btw, at least I didn`t.

Alright it's decided. After breaking the last of my shortblades, I'm going to take the UL2 and camp out on Cornundacauda. Right now only have 36 ped of ammo to spend, but thursday I will be depositing 250 ped. I realized, I haven't been hunting the same way as I used to, I've been getting too distracted with society events and even chatting with society. Wasting too much peds that way. :p

When I deposit I'll think about buying warrior and implants or just spending it all on ammo and nothing else. :)

Thanks for all the help and advice! I'll try and post a log every day to record my hunts.

And then he globals! ^_^

cornundoglobal2.jpg

If I ever make a suggestion, do the opposite and you will prosper...

After 6+ years, a lot of skills in both crafting and hunting, I realized, that upgrading never made me break even - only made me spend more (and loose more ;) ).

Recently I went back to good old opalo hunting and yes, it's boring and yes, it's slow, and yes, you mostly get small loot - but in the end of the day when you look into your vallet and drag off your spendings from your income you will realize it wasn't that bad.

The question is more if it's fun enough compared to when you 'gamble' and get a chance to hit something bigger. I guess that's a question of individuals and temper ...

Been there, done that, can't afford it ;) (... but no doubt, miss it :( )

Good luck

Remember I want to break even on every hunt and become a non-depositer.

Well, already answers had given, but you don't want accept it.

Let's try another approach. Someone need to pay for your entertainment. Who?

You? You don't want.
MA? They will not.

So, who then?

dr3w I don't understand your post lol. But yes, I am the only one to afford my entertainment, but I don't find it fair that the entertainment I paid for isn't worth the amount I put in. :)

For instance, I want to be playing Fort Battles all day, but it costs too much to put up the event, so I don't do it. If I could afford to put them up myself I would, I actually would. I've made like 5 events so far, all of them has been super fun. Even if I don't win I have fun, but when you do, you break even. :D

So I think Events need to be fixed somehow. I mean, this is a discussion about breaking even in this game. :p

After 6+ years, a lot of skills in both crafting and hunting, I realized, that upgrading never made me break even - only made me spend more (and loose more ;) ).

Recently I went back to good old opalo hunting and yes, it's boring and yes, it's slow, and yes, you mostly get small loot - but in the end of the day when you look into your vallet and drag off your spendings from your income you will realize it wasn't that bad.

The question is more if it's fun enough compared to when you 'gamble' and get a chance to hit something bigger. I guess that's a question of individuals and temper ...

Been there, done that, can't afford it ;) (... but no doubt, miss it :( )

Good luck

Lykke you are absolutely right, stick with the weapons you are highest skilled with, and know the ins and outs of which mobs. That way you'll have the most confidence in hunting them. :)

Like what I learned from you guys in this thread, is that you need to have the confidence in standing up against a specific mob for hours knowing what sort of return you'll have. For me, it's these cornundo's I've never broke a sweat hunting em. I am just searching for a cheap change in atmosphere or mob.

Lykke you are absolutely right, stick with the weapons you are highest skilled with, and know the ins and outs with. That way you'll have the most confidence in hunting them. :)

Like what I learned from you guys in this thread, is that you need to have the confidence in standing up against a specific mob for hours knowing what sort of return you'll have. For me, it's these cornundo's I've never broke a sweat hunting em. I am just searching for a cheap change in atmosphere or mob.

Small Atrax, allos or argos with a small gun or opalo ;) That should work for you I believe ... It might take time with fapping (depending on your skills), but they use to loot quite well + all of them drop something with nice value (hides, wool and iron).

I'm on Arkaida myself atm and have some of the same issues - because I don't know the mobs that well yet, I'm not sure what would guarantee me an acceptable return - which means I have to try different mobs.

For instance, I want to be playing Fort Battles all day, but it costs too much to put up the event, so I don't do it. If I could afford to put them up myself I would, I actually would.

So I think Events need to be fixed somehow. I mean, this is a discussion about breaking even in this game. :p

Well, that's a wrong view on things I think. You can't expect that things need to be fixed just because you can't break even on it at this moment. For example, if you go and hunt big mobs with a non-SIB gun and high level armor while having very low skills, you can't expect to break even, and expect MA to change things because of that :)

Instead you should look for things in which you can break even, just as they are now and with the skills you have now. If MA changes things, adapt to that. And while you get more skills, you should see more and more different options which can lead to break even. Good luck !

simple , if you want to break even in every hunt i have a simple solution for you.

make each hunt a 20.000 ped cycle on a small-medium mob.

then it should atleast be break even with MU.

no need to thank me :)

cheers

ermik

I`ve known you a while and know what you mean. Toward the beginning of the year I sold off most all the stuff I had aside from my core gear. I also took a long break from steady play. The grind got boring and the losses insufferable. But the grind is what makes progress. It`s not always fun but we both know whenever we go do the "fun" stuff like events or deviate from our routine it usually results in losses the same as chasing hofs.

The game almost is`nt made for people like us anymore that don`t want to sink in too much money. But we can have fun playing at lower levels for shorter times with moderate intensity. It`s slow progression and almost never profit to plod along on small to medium mobs and other comparable activities but I never knew you to be one that had to always hunt big regen mobs etc. I think you can find your balance in game again by changing your perspective a bit along with your gear once you get used to looking at EU differently.

It took me a while to be satisfied not logging on as often and when I did to spend more time just hanging around between smaller runs and socializing. But that`s what the game offers me anymore. EU has that fun addiction factor where you want to stay immersed. But we know it`s just a recipe for losses unless you run it like a business. And unless you want it to be like the burden of work then you just have to be happy with some sporadic entertainment. Sad but true MA will not let us play away all day like any other FPS without a price. Have fun out there and see you in game.

You just have to decide it's going to either be entertainment or a job. I just figure its fun and don't expect a profit,if one comes along I'm happy about it then and can continue socializing and hunting. :yay:

Funny thread, now I'll drink some coffee.

The one difference in this game vs. other MMO type games on the market is that you are never required to "level up". I think we build up an artificial cycle of pressure, we see our skills gain, and our guns maxxed and think that we NEED to upgrade, and go hunt the next big mob. We justify it because we know that a bigger mob will pay out more. I think it's a relatively flawed thought process. Assuming the 90% return is true, you should get that regardless of the mob you're hunting. It might take longer hunting a smaller mob which isn't dropping as large of a stack of loot, but it's all relative.

Personally, I've been hunting Corns/Bery/Exar/Cervix exclusively for months. I either do a run through Notus or Orthos. My main combat level is almost at 20, but I am totally content to grind on the lvl 5-9 mobs around those areas. I'm familiar with their loot, know what I can sell for a profit and what is TT trash, and have done pretty well cycling my $50 monthly deposits while playing 2-3 hours a night, and maybe 8 on a weekend day.

There seems to be a lot of suggestions as to the mobs/armor/weapon combinations, but in the end it appears that you just need to find a good eco setup, hunt something that you can do long term, sell for MU when possible. There is no shame in hunting a lower level mob, and yes they do hof at times. Someone just hit 7k on a Corn Provider this past week.

As has been said, if you want to treat this game as a gamble, that's easy enough. Go buy high level gear and hit up whatever the biggest mob you can find is. Burn PED and pray for a big payout. Otherwise, if you want to treat it as entertainment, research and make smart choices, play at a sustainable level and have fun.

Good luck to you either way :)

Back