What video card do you have?

What video card do you have, and how is it running EU VU10?

• Total voters
Is this a new computer you built for CE2? Kind of, i bought it hoping that it would be sufficient for a couple of years, including CRYtopia
Do you have the latest video driver AND PhysX driver from Nvidia? Yes (185.xx), but there apparently is a newer 190.38 (which i've now got) which i haven't installed yet. EDIT: Apparently 190.62 has just been released in the last couple of hours (and i just finished installing 190.38!!!)
Do the rest of your specs meet/exceed min requirements? Yes and i'm still BSODing after TPing.

Last edited:
Graphics card

ASUS Matrix GTX285 on a XPS420 QUAD Core 2.40 GHz.

I HATE ASUS for that the did not provide an 8-pin PCIe adapter in the box!!! (they provided a MOLEX to 6-pin PCIe)
I HATE ASUS for the frigging bad installation instructions!
I HATE myself for not noticing on the box that is was needed!
I HATE that the PSU in XPS 420 was only 375W!
I Hate I didnt buy a PSU with the 8-pin connector (but huh I didnt notis it was needed doh)!
I LOVE the solution it came up to!!!! :yay:

Boring thing is that it still lags in cities and where many people mobs, but i guess that that will be tuned!

GAME ON! :yay:

To all you potential MATRIX card buyers: Get a connector right away too!

My box stock $500 USD (6 months ago) system.

Manufacturer: eMachines (thats right I said e Machines)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz
Memory: 3 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (onboard)

I can run EU, and I can get all the textures so it looks pretty good but i cant vote for it running fine or running like crap.

The poll looks like an "Nvidia pwnz ATI"-poll...

Hardly.

Here's one for turning it into an ATI pwnz thread -

Same setup as last VU, no changes necessary, running perfectly fine on high...

Sapphire ATI X1950Pro512 AGP.
Athlon 64X2 4600+
2G RAM
Vista 64

Didn't have to change any drivers, tweak any settings, load any extra crap - nothing.

ATI HD 3850 GDDR3 512MB, (Newest Version of Catalyst driver)
Pentium Dual Core 3,2 Ghz,
2 GB Memory.

The client crushes every few minutes,
no matter if with low or high graphic settings.
The Speed and quality of the graphic is ok.

Looks like, the client always wait for data about
other ppl.
This let the game freeze until the data are loaded.
This effect is in cities very strong,
but also in the nature, when a new green dot
is on the radar.

Nvidia 2 x 9800GT in SLi. on my own out in the wilderness everythings fine with the gfx settings maxxed out but in towns its woeful and yes i crash a bit not heaps but enough for it to be a pain.

In all honestly, the series listing for ATI is so extensive compared to Nvidia, I just simply provided the "yes ATI works" or "Nope, crashing with ATI" options because ATI isn't supposed to have a problem - while Nvidia is. Was hoping to help narrow it down to a specific series or similar occurrences.

7600GS AGP i think its the 256mb version

runs ok with not so great looks but not as bad as all white everything either.

ATI 4850 x2 in crossfire
Runs very high settings without any problems. :yay:

I had a ATI 3870 512mb it was able to play the game at high, no AA, no motion blur settings but not that decent fps in crowded places.

So I upgraded yesterday to ATI 4850 1gb (Sapphire Vapor-X) this is great card that stays cool while performing at 100%, the extra money these cards cost is realy worth it because of the good cooling.

I'm now able to play at high settings, 2*aa, motion blur on at around 30 FPS.

(FPS massured with FRAPS)

ATI HD 4770 512 MB, no probls for me on V.High :)

Ati 4850 running well at high

i have an ATI HD 4730 512 MB DDR3 and no Probs For now:scratch2:

Nvidia 8400MG, 512 Mb -- works fine on Medium/High settings (arround 25 fps)

Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 6000 (2x 3GHz)
RAM: 4GB (2x 2GB)
Gfx Card: nVidia Geforce 9600GT (newest nVidia drivers, 190.xx)

So imho the game should run fine at medium to high settings. But i'm crashing like hell, if i put too much on Medium or above. After a few BSODs i'm now playing some days without problems on lowest windowed resolution (1024x768) and nearly everything Low, just Avatar and Shading on Medium.
Yesterday i tried Shading on High and it didn't take long for the next BSOD. Very early on i had also tried to increase resolution or even play on fullscreen (1600x1050 i think), while keeping settings on Low, and was awarded with that lovely blue screen again.
As posted on another thread, i got a temperature alarm from my Gfx Card while playing on Low settings one day. So the crashes might be overheat problems due to code letting nVidia cards run hot or so.

Nvidia 8800 gt runs fine , i could use 2 more gigs of ram tho. i play at high settings.

From the comments and poll it seems that ATI HD4800 series is the best card to get.

I have a ATi radion 3850 HD pci exspress - I can run on high or very high setting but crash alot in crowded places or after tping never had any probs in old Vu's

So off 2morrow to buy 2x Radion HD 4890 1GB or maybe the 4870s & put them in crossfire set up...... then hoping it should kick butt ;)

My biggest problem is bloody hot keys never saving after i dc or just some of them, only weapons tho actions & rest are fine? anyone tell me what i could do diff would be a grate help :wtg: or is this just a bug:scratch2:

Im using a Nvidia 7900gs, not the best card, but runs EU fine on medium-high settings. Im looking into a new card, any suggestions?

Is this a new computer you built for CE2 (as in, booted up & turned on within the last week?), or simply an install "over" the old EU?
Do you have the latest video driver AND PhysX driver from Nvidia?
Do the rest of your specs meet/exceed min requirements?

Answers:

Not a newly built computer.

Not an install over the old EU -- I completely uninstalled the old client and then installed 10.0 from here at EF.

I have the latest drivers etc. from Nvidia, as my GC gave out like two weeks before the new VU so I had to install another one anyway. Plus I just went to the Nvidia site the other day and made sure I had the latest everything.

Rest of the specs do meet the posted Min. Requirements. Some exceed but not by much.

Answers:

Not a newly built computer.

Not an install over the old EU -- I completely uninstalled the old client and then installed 10.0 from here at EF.

I have the latest drivers etc. from Nvidia, as my GC gave out like two weeks before the new VU so I had to install another one anyway. Plus I just went to the Nvidia site the other day and made sure I had the latest everything.

Rest of the specs do meet the posted Min. Requirements. Some exceed but not by much.

Did you install the suggested drivers from Nvidia and see if that fixes the problem? I haven't had to rollback my drivers (thankfully) but a few people I know did, and it fixed 99% of their graphics problems.

Did you install the suggested drivers from Nvidia and see if that fixes the problem? I haven't had to rollback my drivers (thankfully) but a few people I know did, and it fixed 99% of their graphics problems.

Rollback to...?:scratch2:

I'd like to try that when my comp is out of "surgery" later. I hope it works!:wtg: *fingers crossed*

Newly purchased n vidia 8800 GTX OC, 512mB (thx to ebay :)
AMD athlon 64X2 2.4 GHz
4 x 1GB DDR2 Ram
All the LATEST drivers from the n-vidia website..

Game runs fine, only 1 ctd in the last few days, most settings on v-high, 2X antianalising...

I get an average of about 30fps (fraps) which drops near big mob groups and in towns, but overall im more than happy..

I highly reccommend the 8800 gtx card, its a benchmark card the most of the 9000 series cards cant get near for performance..

I wish everyone all the best in getting their systems up and running,

Corby

Back