• He Dissapeared ... and I never saw him again :(

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
You usualy only get one chance at having a mentor ... And sometimes its hard to come accross one that will actually do what a mentor should do.

I am doing a study and im curious to find out what have been your expiriences with your mentors by this simple poll ...

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Where is the "I never had a mentor" option?

well my offical mentor was not all that (only saw him literually twice) but i was lucky enough to find a exclent unoffical mentor who has remaind a true and valuable friend (you know who you are m8:yay:!!)

I can take a guess that the poll will be heavily weighted in option 4 :(

My mentor was great for the first few weeks teaching me the basics of trading etc. but he disappeared about 2 weeks later never to be seen again. I treid to get MA to transfer the mentorship over to another avatar which I though would be an awesome solution to this problem but they can only cancel it entirely.

My Mentor was Blitz Toxic Grey and he did a superb job.

I encountered him while trying to do a TP run ( somewhere N of Billys I think ) after playing for approx. a week in which time I'd learned to sweat.

A simple "Hi" turned into a lengthy conversation after which he offered to mentor me. He showed me how to use the tt and repair terminals, suggested I depo about $50 and thereafter coached me in hunting.

He helped me get about half the TP's ( I did the others when he was offline - my choice as I had a lot more time to play then ). He showed me all sorts of mobs I would never have been able to tackle by myself, fapped me when necessary if they aggro'd on me and he used to keep the loot as Equal shares with Items Queued - which was more than fair.

He also sold me my goblin at tt, later he sold me a FAP-50 and an A103 at tt ( back in the days when you could amp your Opalo ). He taught me masses about the game.

Sadly, he no longer plays, but we remain in sporadic email contact. He received a Foxtrot ME as his gift when I graduated, which IMO was a just reward for the help he gave me and the effort he put in.

Salute, Toxic !

Where is the "I never had a mentor" option?

As this poll is actually about the quality of mentors i did not include an option for all the people who missed to find one ...

No Mentor for me

I diddnt have a mentor,

I diddnt like the idea of trusting a stranger.....

regards
Moonfish

I never got to have a Mentor

When i started all i heard was that mentors are realy bad people, you do not need a mentor. They just farm nOObs to get gifts and will just use you. I think its sad that the ones feeling frustrated on a bad mentor have to tell it to all noobs they meet and get them to be afraid of mentors.

I did however meet a guy that i wanted as mentor but it was too late to be his disciple. But he helped me out anyway. Its just sad he didnt get a mentor edition item as a gift, but he didnt care.

Looking back i chouldnt have listened to the bitter remarks on how avful mentors are, now i know that its just some that are bad and the most of the mentors out there are realy nice and cind persons giving a lot of their time to a noob that they dont even know. And the gift they get is just a small thing for beeing such a cind person.

But as in RL the negative critics are often heard the most. If you feel used or abused you need to tell the world. And the positive critic are not as loudly spoken of. If you are satisfied you do not need to tell the world. I think it takes 5 or maby 10 satisfied persons to be heard over 1 unsatisfied.

Its just sad that the good mentors are working along in cilens helping out noobs and making EU a fun place for them, and just get suspisious remakes from others because of the disciple farmers. All players who are happy whit their mentors need to do what the unhappy does stand in PA or Swamp Camp telling everybody how they feel. Becaus as it is today you can not see the word Mentor in the lokal chat whitout someone right away cuts in telling everybody that mentors just want the gift and will abandon you.

My mentor Dom Dominator Duffy gave me full set of pixie and opalo, mining equipment
Later he upgraded the pixie to Palladin
Took me on all tp runs with his friend
Later gave me full set of Vigi
Showed me how to use TT auction etc
Gave me some cool clothes
God bless him :yay:

[Edit] Did I mention he is my son?[/Edit] :yay:

My mentor Dom Dominator Duffy gave me full set of pixie and opalo, mining equipment
Later he upgraded the pixie to Palladin
Took me on all tp runs with his friend
Later gave me full set of Vigi
Showed me how to use TT auction etc
Gave me some cool clothes
God bless him :yay:

[Edit] Did I mention he is my son?[/Edit] :yay:

That is so cute :D

I was very unlucky on getting mentor. got 1 but havent seen him after anymore online.

I was a lucky one.... Thats because I know him irl!!! Been a close friend of mine for over 15 years now... So when I joined I asked him to be my mentor and it was excellent!!! Living in the same city and knowing him was a major advantage ;) :D

My mentors existed long before there was mentorship implemented in the game. Beemer, Steele and Striker (not Stryker) all were very helpful and taught me a lot. I saw them practically every time I played.

I didn't vote because "Mentors weren't implemented yet" wasn't an option. :)

When i started mentors werent implemented yet ... most of the systems we have nowdays werent there ... Sweat ? Oil ? forget it :D no chance of income unless you deposit or tried finding a job ... it was in 2003 :)

I can really relate to 1 player as my "mentor" she was

:yay: Gorgeous Gorgeous Babe :yay:

She opened my eyes to the Economical aspect of the game showing me how trading items people needed can be profitable (she gave me a Lime F coat and said go sell it for 60 ped) i think prices for those varied between 50-60 peds back then :) then i opened a small guns and amps shop and met many nice people ...

Its nice to hear your mentor stories ... it just shows that there are very many nice people in the game ... many more than one might susspect ... hearing about scammers and nasties all the time lets hear some positive stories too :)

Ido

I can really relate to 1 player as my "mentor" she was

:yay: Gorgeous Gorgeous Babe :yay:
Except it was "Gorgeus Gorgeus Babe". That player never learned how to spell correctly. ;)

Meh, my mentor showed me how to sweat, and never saw er again.
After a few months took her off the friends list.
And about a year later, joined a soc...and guess who I met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grrrrrrr.....:mad:

I voted option 1 because I had a great mentor. He didn't spend every minute with me but I didn't expect that and don't think that is the job of a mentor.

He did: Find me running in circles at the spaceport and taught me how to control my ava (without which I might not have stayed in EU). Then he gave me an Opalo, a Vivo and a few hundred ammo and showed me how to hunt and sweat and ran me to a few tps.

After that he was always ready to answer my questions and the couple of times I asked, to help me get the harder tp's. I couldn't have wanted a better mentor .

Thanks Solaxe :)

My mentor was, Maximus Ultimus Thane, and he's the only reason I'm still around today. PE was my first onlinegame. A friend introduced me to this "game" , but left after 2 sessions :rolleyes: I continued exploring Eudoria, and was about to give up. Couldn't see the point of just running around.

Then we met on the beach NE of Caravan. I had died several times there and he stopped for a chat. Maximus led me to Caravan and after a while he offered to be my mentor.

He gave me the best start I could ever dream of in here, and I was gradually sucked into this universe. Still here after 2,5 years and will be here for decades to come ;)

Mine was Ogi aka my Boyfriend :D

So I can't say he was bad. He was great, gave everything i own now, teached me everything i know about PE, so... can't really ask for more ;)

My mentor was awesome :) "Deadbody Tie Offset" of Dawn Daemons, he gave me all the MUST haves, a gun, amps, armour plates, armour :D He was always there to help me and he also told me alot of the stuff I know today...

GREAT GUY TIE!!

My mentor was brilliant.

He was always there to answer any questions I had, was happy to let me do my own thing when I wanted to, but was always available when I needed him. He wasn't fussed that in the beginning I just wanted to sweat, and wasn't sure I was ever going to deposit/graduate. He didn't shower me with gifts, but he gave me enough to insentivise my progression.

Nick Vinni Van Dahl, you were a great mentor, thanks for everything.

didn't have a mentor. was approached by a low level hunter/reseller about 1 day in and he asked if i wanted to be his mentor. when i asked him what that wouldn't entitled it seemed more like a fetch and carry position to me. he wanted me to go hunt and sell him the loot at tt. i decided to go my own way, left port atlantis, and have only been back 5 times total in the last 2 years.

My mentor was actually NeverDie himself as chance would have it.

My sister was running the avatar back then, but she would say that although he was very kind and helpfull when he could be, he was busy so often that she taught herself mainly. She accepted this though as she knew his role in Entropia and tried not to bug him too much.

Given NeverDies extreme schedule she seemed to feel that he was generous with the time that he did give to her - and he even actually gave a graduating present to her, rather than the other way round. A K Pride - still own it to this day.

Travis Chance Morgan was my Mentor, a real life friend who introduced me to the game. Three months after graduating he is still teaching me so much about EU.

I can't imagine having had a better mentor.

i had a really bad mentor, i accept his mentorship, see him for a couple of days, then he disappears on me, and by the time i realize this, it's too late for me to kick him...

Voted "Not too good", but that was my own fault, can't really blame him.
15 minutes after joining the game, I saw a guy with a cool looking gun and cool looking armor (it was settler armor, shiny blue at that time - I hadn't discovered that at the TT yet).:laugh:
I asked him if he would be my mentor, and he said ok. I think he gave me some pixie at TT price, but he wasn't much online and he quit soon after.

I never had a mentor. I'm the type of person that likes to do my own research.. and MY GOD - I had poached eggs tonight and my arse is offensive :confused:

(sorry for the random, but I had to express my disgust)

I'm the type of person that likes to do my own research.. and MY GOD - I had poached eggs tonight and my arse is offensive
I think you probably could've figured that out *without* the research. :silly2:

I know there are tons of unofficial mentors ingame busting their butts to help people who answered affirmative to the 3rd and 4th option in the poll.
I didn't have a mentor and made the usually foolish expensive mistakes.

Back