Info: Whatever you fixed with "Failed", revert it. Thanks

Absolutely not photoshopped...
I don't have that much talent. :wise:

Interesting. Now I'm legitimately curious as to why only the text around the "MISS"s didn't get wrong pixel colours around them after image capturing/compression/conversion (don't know the technical term for this phenomenon in English but if you look close enough you'll notice what I'm talking about). Those are usually a dead giveaway of picture editing, but I've also seen it happen on unedited text before, sometimes but always around all the text in that image without exception.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that you're lying, just explaining the reason for my first statement and how curious what hapened on that image is.

Yep would be easy to get that much yellow stacked up with all the chats turned off even before this vu...

Not with failed messages it wasn't.

Not with failed messages it wasn't.

In the past i have had 20-40 failed messages in a row, that is more like 2 screens worth, this was done with all channels turned ON.

This has occurred to me on both Rocktropia and Calypso, to both me and my wife. Like i stated it was because of the local connection, so I'm not sure why you are arguing?

narfi

In the past i have had 20-40 failed messages in a row, that is more like 2 screens worth, this was done with all channels turned ON.

This has occurred to me on both Rocktropia and Calypso, to both me and my wife. Like i stated it was because of the local connection, so I'm not sure why you are arguing?

narfi

To be clear, I'm not arguing, my experience is obviously different than yours.

I've never had this many failed messages ever under any circumstances.

Interesting. Now I'm legitimately curious as to why only the text around the "MISS"s didn't get wrong pixel colours around them after image capturing/compression/conversion...

... just explaining the reason for my first statement and how curious what hapened on that image is.

I take my FRAPS screenshots, open them in plain old MS paint, save them with a new name, resize them, and them save them again before uploading into the forums. I have noticed in the past that paint has a tendency to not save images with 100% totally accurate color rendering, that probably explains why you may see some variation in text pixels.

I dont care about "failed" I care about the screwed "item busy" that I kicked off about months ago.

Failed costs you nothing, item busy can cost you your life. It is improved on the attached screenshot, but its still not as good as it once was.

Failed costs you nothing, item busy can cost you your life. It is improved on the attached screenshot, but its still not as good as it once was.

Failed doesn't cost you ammo, weapon/amp decay for that failed shot.....but it does cost you time that the mob is attacking you. For every failed shot you lose time that the mob uses to decay your armor, damage you causing you to have to heal more. Both the lost time and time you have to use healing more is time the mob regenerates more costing you more ammo, weapon/amp decay. If you die because your fap didn't heal because it failed and die that costs much more.:wise:

Failed doesn't cost you ammo, weapon/amp decay for that failed shot.....but it does cost you time that the mob is attacking you. For every failed shot you lose time that the mob uses to decay your armor, damage you causing you to have to heal more. Both the lost time and time you have to use healing more is time the mob regenerates more costing you more ammo, weapon/amp decay. If you die because your fap didn't heal because it failed and die that costs much more.:wise:

The failed's from this recent vu don't seem to slow down your dps, as was stated in the vu notes known issues. That's just annoying, although amusing at first. The big problem is item busy and failures to switch between gun/fap.

My experience with failed messages is that when I get a mining or shooting fail the ammo/probes get reverted back to it's previous amount before the fail, but a few moments later drops again to the amount it would be as if it had actually been used succesfully. I've had friends who thought it was reimbursed as well, and then noticed the deduction shortly after the reimbursement. Obviously the shot/drop didn't actually do anything, as if it never happened.

Also, yes, I saw it happening every single time I got a 'failed' message. But since it's most likely network related, might be that me and those friends are the exception to the rule (eventhough we're all from different countries). And if it's done on purpose, these kind of sneaky cheap tricks don't really surprise me anymore, knowing MA... :rolleyes:

After reading all this, I should be happy that I am just to busy in RL to play.
Anyway if I got a few hours time to log in, I do crafting and hey a lot of failure there, too.
But thats another story :D

These latest round of patches seemed to suggest: " Failure" is my friend. Wake up MA ! :eyecrazy: Please .... I beg you.

Official MA response.

This is a fairly complicated problem that has to do with the sync between the server and the client but we are working on solving it as soon as possible and a fix will most likely be implemented next week.

From what I am told it doesnt really affect you in any way other than being annoying and it may also prevent you from lets say swapping from a fap to a weapon in a timely manner.

Mining... hunt... you know, what next on next week! (smile.jpg)

I don't have any problem with failed after the update.... on the other hand i am just a few miles away from there servers probably having something to do with it.

Best regards
Zweshi

You gotta love their track record, first mess up mining, then hunting with the next update. Now you cant do either(Well you can do it but no selfrespecting player would play with the current bugs). Im eager to see how they will mess up crafting with the next update :laugh:

2 main proffesions "down" and they say next week :laugh:

2 main proffesions "down" and they say next week :laugh:

No. One at a time. Mining is fine now.

It's very-very looks like "systematic chaos". I wrote it alot of times, don't want to repeat.

I dont care about "failed" I care about the screwed "item busy" that I kicked off about months ago.

I second that.
And also I have lots of failed NOT using the queue mode, but using manual fire with left mouse button.
I tried different Internet connections and different settings in client loader. I did not found anything which can improve the situation.
and it is absolute anoying if your are not able to switch to a fap because of item busy.

It seems we have our old laggs back.
Waiting to see rubberbanding again:(

I tried playing for about an hour and didn't find it much fun at all, even if it's not costing me anything. A public test server* would be a really good idea.

*Yes, OK, there already is one - we're playing on it. You get my point.

I don't get it. All our EF accounts and posts were bought in order to create an official forum. Fine. Good idea. Now MA are doing their public posting on the non-official forum?? Not all of us have time to read multiple forums.

I don't get it. All our EF accounts and posts were bought in order to create an official forum. Fine. Good idea. Now MA are doing their public posting on the non-official forum?? Not all of us have time to read multiple forums.

EF wont take long to read, just hit "Today's Posts" once a day and see which thread topics have had a Mindark response.

To Kim's credit he answered both of my questions with straight no BS answers. :)

Anyway this post is :offtopic:

I tried playing for about an hour and didn't find it much fun at all, even if it's not costing me anything. A public test server* would be a really good idea.

*Yes, OK, there already is one - we're playing on it. You get my point.

MA has wrong this bug only affects me not the mob so it only does that i get more dmg from the mob.:mad:

The failed's from this recent vu don't seem to slow down your dps, as was stated in the vu notes known issues. That's just annoying, although amusing at first. The big problem is item busy and failures to switch between gun/fap.

I was doing Shinkiba Mission before the update and was using tt Knife and Opalo. After the update it is taking longer to kill Shinkiba Young with either tt Knife or Opalo. Not to mention I am getting hurt more times then before. So it is taking longer to kill mobs. If it isn't because the failed message is adding time then the damage per hit has been nerfed.:mad:

MA giving us a failed message to hide the fact they reduced our average damage range?:confused:

EF wont take long to read, just hit "Today's Posts" once a day and see which thread topics have had a Mindark response.

True, but there are lots of forums. Do MA only speak on EF now? I guess the problem is there's no official MA forum, rather official planet partner forums. Would have been better to have one all-encompassing forum with sections for each planet and an general EU section for things that affect all planets.

To Kim's credit he answered both of my questions with straight no BS answers.

Agreed. Why did it require a question though? It should be listed as a known issue on the client loader, with the explanation and a timeline for the fix.

using maddox IV my dps has dropped considerably since the fail message appeared, the more shots per a minute the more it affects you, from what I can tell.

MA, get the thumb out of your asses and fix it :mad:.

This is so freaking annoying... If they were serious it should be fixed within 24h!

It should be listed as a known issue on the client loader, with the explanation and a timeline for the fix.

+rep, this idea almost makes too much sense.

Oh wait, we wouldn't want potential customers to realize how jacked up the game is BEFORE they log in and waste their money now, would we? :rolleyes:

I don't get it. All our EF accounts and posts were bought in order to create an official forum. Fine. Good idea. Now MA are doing their public posting on the non-official forum??

I found this to be totally rediculous on hearing it (soc mate).

How does this make any sense, I cant see any logic in doing this?

The only thing I can come up with was it was some lazy arse mistake, not even bothering to inform people on the correct forum.. not good ..

:duh:

using maddox IV my dps has dropped considerably since the fail message appeared, the more shots per a minute the more it affects you, from what I can tell.

Well I'm basing my statement on experience shooting a Mod Merc...

I didn't notice an increase in kill time, as long as I did not have to fap. :mad:

Well I'm basing my statement on experience shooting a Mod Merc...

I didn't notice an increase in kill time, as long as I did not have to fap. :mad:

I have found the same thing hunting a mob (Atrox) that I can mostly auto-shoot with no need to fap.

I kill the same number of mobs in the same time with the same amount of ammo and the same armour and fap costs as usual, so it appears the FAIL is not affecting my dps or dpp. As far as I can tell it only happens when the system tries to (wrongly) squeeze in an extra attack where there shouldn't be one.

Having to switch between fap and gun is certainly problematic though, so my advice would be to only hunt mobs that don't make you fap until you've killed them, until this is fixed.

I was doing Shinkiba Mission before the update and was using tt Knife and Opalo. After the update it is taking longer to kill Shinkiba Young with either tt Knife or Opalo. Not to mention I am getting hurt more times then before. So it is taking longer to kill mobs. If it isn't because the failed message is adding time then the damage per hit has been nerfed.:mad:

MA giving us a failed message to hide the fact they reduced our average damage range?:confused:

yes.. We lose peds from regen, and decay from hit.:mad: So MA did not tell os the true.

I don't have any problem with failed after the update.... on the other hand i am just a few miles away from there servers probably having something to do with it.

Best regards
Zweshi

hosting is done in the netherlands, afaik.

MA, get the thumb out of your asses and fix it :mad:.

This is so freaking annoying... If they were serious it should be fixed within 24h!

But as you know ---> They dont lose money on the bug, they gain money on the bug and we are losing money.

Back