What's the best thing to skill and not use up too much money ? (I mean in hunting mining and crafting too)

frisca2004

Stalker
Society
DIABOLIQ
Beck The Tiger Johnson
Hey guys, I have a question, I'm kinda low on funds and was thinking, what's the best way to skill or do something productive in this game with something like 100 ped or so and not lose one dime or lose and win back ? What's been fair to you lately ? And how do you do it ? Tell me please :) I want to progress and I am non-depo :)

something like 100 ped or so and not lose one dime or lose and win back

sweat, trade, hunt small mobs like daikiba that give good skills, and sweat your losses. :scratch2:

have fun and max all the tt weapons at swamp camp

Hey guys, I have a question, I'm kinda low on funds and was thinking, what's the best way to skill or do something productive in this game with something like 100 ped or so and not lose one dime or lose and win back ? What's been fair to you lately ? And how do you do it ? Tell me please :) I want to progress and I am non-depo :)

Talking from my experience... Don't mine, or craft.

I wouldn't start doing any profession in EU without at at least 500 ped.

Even 500 ped is to little and you need to already have quite a lot of experience in EU to not loose them fast.

The only profession that's easy to start with low skills is mining. If you know a region with good markup ores you can stay on it and grind it for a while until you increase your capital. If you don't have a bigger capital, don't try different areas because you'll just end up with lots of peds tight up in small amounts of ores in storage and be forced to sell them to some street traders for a low markup.

PS: don't even think about crafting, that's very hard to start, and 100 ped is not gonna last much in that profession.

Sweat mobs with 20 HP until they are dry and then kill them.

20 HP = 20 sweat @ .8 = 16 pec

Opallo does an average of 2.97 dmg/pec, costing 2.02 pec/use.

20 HP / 2.97 = 6.73 shots on average per kill (use M2100 as finisher to save pec as well)

6.73 shots * 2.02 pec (opalo use cost) = 13.59 pec per kill

16 pec from sweat - 13.59 pec to kill = +2.41 pec from sweat alone

This gives you 2.41 pec extra on average per mob in sweat markup, you'll spend that on healling probably but the mob is dead and loot is now pure profit. (Some mobs you will kill for less than 13.59, others will cost you more)

I swunt in armor, if you have the right setup, it's half the price of healing.

See here about using armor

When I started about three years ago, I didn't deposit for about three months or more. In that time I sweated, hunted and (eventually) mined. Overall, I made a very small but steady profit. The profit was largely from sweating. :sweat:

My feeling once I started depositing was - why the hell didn't I do this before! But that's when I really started to lose PED - and I haven't stopped since. :D

I also made a lot of very quick money by buying stuff at private shopkeepers and auctioning it - small shops in those days were often bad at keeping track of changes in markups - on at least two occasions I made a profit of 200 PED+ from single items! :yay:

I've been mining since V10 started - without amps. Started well, been bad recently - though haven't lost as much as I expected. But my mining skills will be much greater than yours, and you would probably lose money faster! :broke:

Edit: But come to think of it, I guess Shopping isn't a skill :scratch2:

Last edited:
Ok guys lemme put it this way, I'm not noob, or at least I think I am not noob :D I have 5k HG and 3.5k rifle 1k engineering and 1.6k prosp 1k enmatter :D any ideas now ? :)

My setup for low but not noob lvl playing is making combined enmatter runs with hunting big exas, combibos or berrys. Doing this always when funds are low and about 100 ped is what I have when I clean some storage stuff out.

Weapon of choice is Emik S50(L). I tried out many (pistols and rifles) and this gun is a true friend when money is short. Lasts very long, so even buying a low tt one around 15 ped or so will get you far and it uses only 3 ammo.
Exas up to prowler, combib up to guardian and berrys up to provider daoable without frustration (asuming a certain evade lvl with your skills). My favouirite choice, especially because the agro range works with handguns, so you can aproach big groups without an extra tagging gun.
Additionally buy 50 probes, 4000-5000 shot of ammo (not less - my experience) and the recomended gun and you can have many ours of game fun. Even with low returns it should be ok for 2 or 3 more runs and some 10-20 pedder minis will happen for shure.
The hunting grounds with the mentioned mobs are all fine for enmatter mining, so the combination works.

Good luck :)

Opala hunt for the wind :yay: Or fisting mobs with no armor :)

I do not agree with the no crafting though. You can craft very cheap and skill up some nice skills by crafting textures like cheap generic leather. Yes, return might not be that big (but heh .. honestly how's return when you hunt?) - but the costs for the skills are very very low :)

Good luck

Ok guys lemme put it this way, I'm not noob, or at least I think I am not noob :D I have 5k HG and 3.5k rifle 1k engineering and 1.6k prosp 1k enmatter :D any ideas now ? :)

Sorry. Misread your post! :rolleyes:

I guess my comment about mining still stands as I'm about 3.5K on both prospecting and surveying. I've not been finding it profitable in the last week.

I'm about the same as you on rifle, but I'm a bit reluctant to hunt because I seem to waste so much ammo at the moment.

Although enmatter runs were sensible pre-V10, I can't say that I'm finding that now - but, certainly, if short of PED and you want to mine that's the sensible way to go.

Opala hunt for the wind :yay: Or fisting mobs with no armor :)

I do not agree with the no crafting though. You can craft very cheap and skill up some nice skills by crafting textures like cheap generic leather. Yes, return might not be that big (but heh .. honestly how's return when you hunt?) - but the costs for the skills are very very low :)

Good luck

Textures :> interesting :D any help with that ? What are these ?

Back