Whats the cut off point for when you can no longer be mentored?

Zanathos

Dominant
Kovathos Kova Landrunner
is it 3k in a skill?

:laugh: Sorry.... no, it's going to be waaaaaaaaay below that. I mean, with 2K in rifle, you graduate. I think if you've been playing and developing for a few days, you're SOL.

You are referring to the point when you can no longer get a mentor in the first place, right? Or are you actually asking when you graduate as a disciple? If so, you can find out all that info in your avatar information, under disciples.

you can't be higher than unskilled in anything. otherwise i'd have got one, but i was too busy doing things on my own.

so.... once i went above 2k in skill in something i can no longer be mentored in anything...?

Ah well....

thanks

A mentor is a mentor. You can't get a mining mentor or a hunting mentor, etc. Once you have more than a few skills in anything, you cannot become a disciple or get a mentor.

Doesn't mean that someone can't help you out, just not in an official way.

You can have a mentor in a particular field...there's just no distinct registration for different areas.

Graduation from disciple ship equals:

coloring - 1900 skill
handgun - 1900 skill
longblade - 1900 skill
prospecting - 600 skill
rifle - 2000 skill
surveying - 600 skill

It's pretty early on that you get exempt from disciple qualification...when there's a word about something you do in your skill discriptions that doesn't sound plain negative. (I forget..maybe 10-15% of graduation requirement? this was in a beginners document somehwere...)

Anyways, it only takes afew days serious play to sink the opportunity for discipleship...but it takes a month or two moderate playing for a disciple to graduate.

Once you help them get the basics, help them survive, help them choose a profession to invest in...then the progress towards graduation begins.

It's really a tough road considering the turnover rate, but I'm getting pretty far off topic...as I tend to do. Adios.

oh, so i could be a disiple in tailoring as an example, with my whole 2 levels in skills :p

rather than with pistols which i have 3.4k in?

Any exemption covers all areas. Once you exceed the minimum in any area, it's gone for the entire opportunity.

My understanding is that it is ridiculously low like no more than 128 lvls in any skill. I know when my wife had 128 as her highest skill on anything I already could not add her as a disciple.

i am by no means sure, but i think you cannot become a disciple anymore when your TOTAL skills exceed 50 :eek:

pretty fast actually. a few days of gathering sweat and you're there!

If I remember correctly...you cannot be a disciple if you have gained a level in ANY prof. standing skill other than sweat gathering.

Back