What's the harm?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Here people, have a read. Here is what happens when you cherry pick science that fits you, skip your vaccines and promote homeopathy. There's also some interesting reading about how fairytales kills infants and what not.

Just a reminder, to listen to perhaps your doctor, rather than celebrities that fucked their way to the top when it comes to stuff like health;

http://www.whatstheharm.net

Reactions: Ted
Here people, have a read. Here is what happens when you cherry pick science that fits you, skip your vaccines and promote homeopathy. There's also some interesting reading about how fairytales kills infants and what not.

Just a reminder, to listen to perhaps your doctor, rather than celebrities that fucked their way to the top when it comes to stuff like health;

Thanks, I'll send this to my crazy religious relatives to annoy them, I'm sure they will pray to the sky wizard for me :laugh:

you just had to do it didnt ya :silly2:

beehive.jpg

EDIT: I logged back in an hour after you left and they were still at it! :yay:

Last edited:
People believe in whatever they want and whatever their goverment want them to believe, not necessary in this order. Showing people the "right" way or the "truth" isn't gaining you their appreciation. And now gimme that tin foil hat :dunce:

Thanks for the link; I've been a "crusader" against this stuff in my family and circle of friends for a very long time. I'm not saying that in some cases a special tea or a special healthy diet won't help and may be more recommended than a bunch of pills, but when it's something serious... get to a real Doctor.
Of course there horror stories about stupid Doctors as well but far less than there are about homeopathy etc; the biggest issue is that it's not regulated enough and people get scammed and taken advantage of.

Thanks for the link; I've been a "crusader" against this stuff in my family and circle of friends for a very long time. I'm not saying that in some cases a special tea or a special healthy diet won't help and may be more recommended than a bunch of pills, but when it's something serious... get to a real Doctor.
Of course there horror stories about stupid Doctors as well but far less than there are about homeopathy etc; the biggest issue is that it's not regulated enough and people get scammed and taken advantage of.

Indeed.

Quacks take advantage of people in horrible situations; If you are diagnosed with cancer for instance, and the doctor tells you that you have a year left to live, chiropractors, naprapats, homeopaths and others will stand in line to take advantage of you. Because you are in a bad position, lost hope, you'll be ready to try anything.

On top of that we have plenty of innocent people getting sick and dying because of quacks. We have kids that don't get proper treatment for diseases for instance, just because their parents have a belief in hokus-pokus.

It hurts every time I read about some poor infant dying because their parents bought them fresh milk due to it being "organic" not knowing that all the fluids from cows anus drops right into it and cause severe diseases that a small kids immune system can't handle.

It's a shame really, that 2015, we have so many people suffering due to quacks like this. And celebrities making money on it. Food babe for instance, is a well known moron who knows absolutely nothing about food, chemistry, physics and health but still rakes in dollars on talking about the topics like if she knew anything, and scaring her followers to follow up on her advice.

There is so much misery out there that could be prevented, if people just listened to the proper authorities.

Amen brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
as if listening to it in ark chat for 3 hours until i turned it off wasnt enough lol :banghead:

as if listening to it in ark chat for 3 hours until i turned it off wasnt enough lol :banghead:

I left after five minutes. Arguing semantics wasn't really my thing and completely irrelevant.

Did it really go on for three hours? :D

yes i was like holy crap seriously. i got tired of watching it so i turned the chat off

Back