What's the plan for melee amps?

KyrismaStarsong

Stalker
Society
Synergen
Now that we have official patch notes that melee amps have been distributed to PP's to be placed in game, what's the plan? When will they be available to the general player base and how do we go about getting or finding one?

Good question

Tbh, threads like this remind me of those kids that try to peek under the wrappings of their Xmas presents.

By Xmas day, when they finally get to open the present, they have no sense of anticipation or excitement.
Just .. 'meh.. is that all? I wanted a red one.' No 'Wow, that's awesome, thanks!'
The gift becomes a source of complaint, rather than a source of enjoyment.

"Presents are like eggs, they need time to hatch."
Sometimes being patient is the only way to get what you really want.

I would shake my presents too so I could figure out what was in them :laugh:

I cant say though that I can relate to what you said about it becoming a source of complaints because I was just happy that I was getting some kind of gifts since we didnt have much when I was growing up. We used a common house plant as the Christmas tree.

Last edited:
Here are your options:

1. PP hoard them - almost none are released
2. NEVERDIE puts them in Zombie Kongs and after 100000K of peds spent 2 people get one
3. PP release them in some event such as Oratan invasion and some noob or someone shooting from the firebase gets one
4. Kill a wastelander and get one
5. Put on auctions at SB of 100 ped and people jack up the bids to 65k each

LOL Lots of positive choices there

How about: HardWrath shoots a space mob and loots one!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtg::wtg:

Hope they run some weekend mayhem events every weekend with the prizes as melee amps as well as melee amps in the normal loot for those mobs too!

A thousand waves of shared loot Leviathan event spawning boss mob Nessie. One Melee amp drops first kill and no other drops the next 10 weeks the event runs.

Calypso devs, please don't use PvP events to distribute more than a small share of those.

Tbh, threads like this remind me of those kids that try to peek under the wrappings of their Xmas presents.

By Xmas day, when they finally get to open the present, they have no sense of anticipation or excitement.
Just .. 'meh.. is that all? I wanted a red one.' No 'Wow, that's awesome, thanks!'

True, but if you put your eggs away for 5 years w/o watching them they start to smell :D

True, but if you put your eggs away for 5 years w/o watching them they start to smell :D

Plus, what kind of parent promises their kid a shiny red toy for months and years and when it finally comes they put it on the shelf and say, ok, you're shiny red toy is here now, let's just set it there on the shelf and look at it for the next few months?

does anyone else feel a kind of nervous, anxious excitement? you think you could get one but don't want to get your hopes up too much..

does anyone else feel a kind of nervous, anxious excitement? you think you could get one but don't want to get your hopes up too much..

Not really, not even bothering finding one, just doing my regular thing.But if I find one I will give it to Hardwrath and see what he does with it.I'm just curious why someone would waste so much time/energy for this melee amp :)

Not really, not even bothering finding one, just doing my regular thing.But if I find one I will give it to Hardwrath and see what he does with it.I'm just curious why someone would waste so much time/energy for this melee amp :)

Well, to start with I'd use it to hunt.

As long as melee has existed in game, some of us wanted to be melee hunters. From nearly the onset of the profession, melee amps have been promised, but never delivered. Melee hunters want amps so blades can be on balance and competitive with weapons of other professions in terms of DPS and economy.

Hope they run some weekend mayhem events every weekend with the prizes as melee amps as well as melee amps in the normal loot for those mobs too!

or just make it available for anyone to purchase in the new online webshop

We are not there jet.
Ma promissed that they offer some low lvl amps as uncomon and scarse items as event rewards.
Thats not common item.
Its special item for only few players - just like mod fap lol.
Let see mod merc in melee weapons MA?
Let see golden fist MA?
Lets see skill effects in melee MA?
Lets see melee mod amp MA?
Lets see missing of range to be balanced in additional DPS of melee weapons to have minimal chance in pvp duel or we continue with half dead or already dead melee fighter against ragnged weapon user after runing to him in close combat vicinity MA?

No word about crafted amps or about changes - improvements on melee weapons.
So melee profession shud remain as MA want - uncomon and sporadic choice from minority of players??

Hahaha!
Nice to see this thread. We never trusted in MA to bring up serious melee amps. All serious blades are sold meanwhile. The beloved Genesis Niflheim (the best one ingame, T6.4, best tear-rates of all Niflheim. Jamira didn't trade it to The Rainbow.) went away ***schluchz!*** Me and Jamira suggested melee amps in 2006 - others did it before. Yep, too late again, MA. I guess MA has no problem with losing a 250 +/- 50 Euro/month depositor. Good move! Continue!

Back