What's the secret to a consistent, substantial, and sustainable income?

Superhal

Prowler
I've just about given up on the loot system. I think it's geared for people to lose first, win after. I think the only way to get a good income is to own land, either a land area or a shop. Is there another way?

Please don't say "play eco." By "substantial," I mean more than 104% on wool thread once a month, saving 1 pec per kill, or getting an additional 50 sweat per hour. I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

I think it's being very good at reselling to be in the $10 - $100 a day consistently (excluding LA owner or top level hunter / miner / crafter)

Most of us try and get to the break even mark and are happy if we achieve that. :)

dunno, do a lot of trading? :dunno:

Those who have it, won't say. Those who don't have it, will offer opinions. :D

In real life... general answer is Hard Work, and education never hurts. Same might be applicable here. That's my opinion. ;)

nobody can tell u the answer u must figure it out your self

If everyone made 100-1k PED per day we would all make about $5,000.00 and MA would shut the universe down due to bankruptcy.

I am happy with my return rate from playing eco, selling in substantial amounts and being patient.

Superhal: Ok, how much you willing to pay for such information?

I guess its a bit like IRL. Some people never have money for anything, others always have plenty, at similar income levels. A complete awareness of your expenses may help. It will show you what activities are money drains and when it is wise to stop spending.

I think it's being very good at reselling to be in the $10 - $100 a day consistently (excluding LA owner or top level hunter / miner / crafter)

I don't think any profession is making that much, not every day. Imho, it's only the land/shop owners.

it's tricky...

to make money in game is a tricky thing... people do sometimes tend to break even and get ahead at times, but it's hard to make that consistent since market is always changing as are demand and supply issues...

Of course if you have TONS of cash... you could do like Neverdie, Deathifier, and Buzz did and buy the biggest asset in game - then you are almost guaranteed a profit... BUT... getting the cash to do that... well, that's another story.

If everyone made 100-1k PED per day we would all make about $5,000.00 and MA would shut the universe down due to bankruptcy.

I am happy with my return rate from playing eco, selling in substantial amounts and being patient.

true if the money would come from ma yes
but it can also come from other players
see the trading options named in this thread

Of course if you have TONS of cash... you could do like Neverdie, Deathifier, and Buzz did and buy the biggest asset in game - then you are almost guaranteed a profit... BUT... getting the cash to do that... well, that's another story.

Between land and shop owners, I have a hard time deducing which one actually makes more money. Land owners probably get more ped cycling, but they are also at the mercy of the loot system. Shop owners don't have to worry about bad loots, but they have fewer customers (although probably more customers than some land owners.)

Honestly, if I knew and was able to do that, I would not tell strangers I was doing it nor would I tell anyone how. I don't think most people would either.

I would just go merrily along making PED and spending it and withdrawing and whine about the bad loot in the forums.

for steady income one needs regular demand on either service, or some commodity with additional markup, meaning :
in usual profecies in EU is such big competition that it's impossible to live from +%, actually that counts for trading too, MAYBE if u invest big $ at start u can beat old traders, but u have to lower markup even more to compete...so guess the answer

Indeed, a job IRL

Somehow all these superhal posts comes out as whining in my ears, you dont have it, you want it, you cant have it !

To be a winner you need a winner mentality, you need to be driven dedicated, and smarter then most of the rest.
You dont have it !
If you did, you wouldnt be the one doing these posts, you would be the one sitting and reading and getting annoyed by the noob whinings !

As in real life, thers the ones driving a lexus to the office, and then thers the ones taking the buss to the supermarked! If you wanna get a lexus and or work at the office, then ........

When all that is said, thers ups and downs, and then thers the fortunate luck of being an old player, some players have uber gear that costed them less then 2k$ total, thats how life is, you dont win!

Good luck

P.S. Theres more then one reason i have a dayjob :silly2:

true if the money would come from ma yes
but it can also come from other players
see the trading options named in this thread

If all other players are also getting profit out of the loot pool. This would lead to nobody depositing and the loot pool would dry up, at this point MA could either finance the loot pool themselves or cut and run...I think we know which they choose.

Not everyone that declares bankruptcy is really bankrupt :silly2:

Somehow all these superhal posts comes out as whining in my ears, you dont have it, you want it, you cant have it !

To be a winner you need a winner mentality, you need to be driven dedicated, and smarter then most of the rest.
You dont have it !
If you did, you wouldnt be the one doing these posts, you would be the one sitting and reading and getting annoyed by the noob whinings !

As in real life, thers the ones driving a lexus to the office, and then thers the ones taking the buss to the supermarked! If you wanna get a lexus and or work at the office, then ........

When all that is said, thers ups and downs, and then thers the fortunate luck of being an old player, some players have uber gear that costed them less then 2k$ total, thats how life is, you dont win!

Good luck

P.S. Theres more then one reason i have a dayjob :silly2:

Couldn't agree more with your post ... I have (after deducting the few euro's I've ever deposited) already withdrawn over 5000 Euro's and still own a few nice items ...

No, I'm not an old time player (started arund VU 8. ??) ...

That said, if I count my hours against the 5000 Euros its still not a great hourly rate (at least not compared to any rl job). But EU is fun and therefore I don't count the hours invested.

So how does one do it? Read the quoted post and you're already half way there ...

Good luck
Angel

Reactions: Cea
Get a RL job and deposit. You have to work less hours, and make ten times more.

The secret is....that most will never post what they do to make ped unless its obvious like ND or Deathifier.

While I have my own ideas I keep to myself,if you want to play and make peds you need to find the ever changing link between resources and the market. Then have the skills, RL knowledge, and equipment to buffer your expenses by finding items that are in demand.

There is no guarantees in EU plus you have to take into account the variable nature of loot swings and adjust your play as necessary.

Lastly it will take time unless you have a lot of money which can help you fast track in some cases.

There are those who exploit as well in EU but those tend to be short lived in all but a few cases and who knows why MA allows them to continue on. So I wouldn't bother looking for the quick ped that way unless you have friends in high places.

Posted via Mobile Device

Honestly, if I knew and was able to do that, I would not tell strangers I was doing it nor would I tell anyone how. I don't think most people would either.

I would just go merrily along making PED and spending it and withdrawing and whine about the bad loot in the forums.

What he said :) ( anyway im not the one )

Between land and shop owners, I have a hard time deducing which one actually makes more money. Land owners probably get more ped cycling, but they are also at the mercy of the loot system. Shop owners don't have to worry about bad loots, but they have fewer customers (although probably more customers than some land owners.)

Shop is absolutely different thing than LA.. Shop requires two , three times more effort to have the same income as from the LA.. Also its 4-5 times cheaper >D .. Anyway LA without mobs? Pray for minerals, and then you will be happy with 30 peds a day max ;p

Work. RL or in game but game probably take long time to make a bit. You have to pay to play and you have to work to make up the difference.

I agree --> a RL job!

Then have fun in EU :wtg:

Much like real life, it takes some peds to make some peds quickly, or you need to work longer, harder hours to do same profit with lesser bankrolls.

Please don't say "play eco." By "substantial," I mean more than 104% on wool thread once a month, saving 1 pec per kill, or getting an additional 50 sweat per hour. I'm talking about 100-1k ped per day.

If you're only getting 104% for your wool thread then you're probably a lost cause.

the reality is the professions are not gonna make you have a income, if you want to make money in the game you have to know how the market works.

You have to be willing to take someone else risk and turn it into your gain.

The more risks you take the more often you will lose, with hunting and mining. Crafting is something that can make money but you have to know what to craft and when and know who else is crafting, along with the demand of the items.

but the most safe bet will always be working as a middle man. buying and reselling.

but there is no way to prifit in the short term from hunting and mining. the only thing hunting and mining are good for is getting your crafting skills up, And even with crafting you still lose from failed crafts, but thats where Mark up comes in.

Also look around you are other people putting money into the game, and keeping it in game, if they are not then the economy wont be as strong.

People that buy homes and buy stuff to fill those homes up are the people keeping money in the game, that money until the point they TT their stuff is in the game, but on a small % of the TT value locked up by other people gets back out to other players.

Decay not always goes to Mindark, some decay goes to the loot everyone gets. but the (L) items decay works a lil differnt than a (UL) item does, but i dont have the inside info on that.

but just a word of advice man, build up your ped card pick somestuff to invest in, buy it hold it, and wait til there is a demand for it. or just buy and resell stuff for profit.

Play the game for fun until you figure shit out. once you figure it out then go do something if it works you just made it to the rich kids club. if it dont, keep tring.,

Back