What's Wrong Whith Wiki !?

Who owns wiki?

If MA surely they should fix given this game is all about community knowledge

Actually, lets test this properly. I will time it and see how long it takes, and upload it to this page.

Enjoy. (Uploading.... will be available in a minute or two)

I think just loading the wiki page is not giving it a fair test.

So I decided to go to EntropiaWiki, enter weapon compare 2.0, and try to compare two different weapons.

It seemed to break about halfway done and I just gave up, which is what I do normally when it acts like this... which is every time I visit it lately.

My challenge to you is to watch the above video, without fast forwarding or anything and watch the whole clip.

I get physically ill watching it back.

Last edited:
index.php

for what its worth, the website is loading faster (the weaponcompare tool at least) on my gaming pc than my small laptop

i suspect there is a lot of processing in the background on the wiki that is done client-side and its not just "loading slow"

for what its worth, the website is loading faster (the weaponcompare tool at least) on my gaming pc than my small laptop

i suspect there is a lot of processing in the background on the wiki that is done client-side and its not just "loading slow"
lol no, its the website that's broken... don't go bringing this on people with proper setupts and "their cpu aint fast enough to load the entropia wiki, so it takes 4-5 minutes before i finally crashes. need new cpu"

i mean, if your CPU is bottlenecking on loading entropiawiki i do honestly feel sorry for you......... :ROFLMAO:

lol no, its the website that's broken... don't go bringing this on people with proper setupts and "their cpu aint fast enough to load the entropia wiki, so it takes 4-5 minutes before i finally crashes. need new cpu"
you seem very defensive, i am not saying it is not broken
im just stating that ive noticed it is quite faster on my good setup than my laptop or tablet, which could also be the case for other users
just trying to help...

you seem very defensive, i am not saying it is not broken
im just stating that ive noticed it is quite faster on my good setup than my laptop or tablet, which could also be the case for other users
just trying to help...

if you really want to help, can you please let me know what kind of hardware you laptop and your gaming pc is using?

loading entropiawiki or anything on that page doesnt move my CPU, RAM, disc or network usage above 5%.

It's just not receiving any data from the website itself.

if you really want to help, can you please let me know what kind of hardware you laptop and your gaming pc is using?

loading entropiawiki or anything on that page doesnt move my CPU, RAM, disc or network usage above 5%.

It's just not receiving any data from the website itself.
laptop is running an i7 10610U at 1.8
tower is running an i9 9900k OC'd at 5.2

laptop just loaded the weaponcompare page in 16.88s
tower just loaded the same page in 11.10s

both had caching disabled and timings were done using firefox developer tools

seems to load better today than yesterday night too so can depend on the time of day... sigh

laptop is running an i7 10610U at 1.8
tower is running an i9 9900k OC'd at 5.2

laptop just loaded the weaponcompare page in 16.88s
tower just loaded the same page in 11.10s

both had caching disabled and timings were done using firefox developer tools

seems to load better today than yesterday night too so can depend on the time of day... sigh
load time seems similar to the one i posted in a video above then?

if you perform the same test, try to load a gun, add enhancers, save it, load a new gun, enhancers, amp etc to compare them... does that work at all? i gave up after 5 minutes. i highly doubt no entropiawiki so thick no players in the game can run it properly lol :D

load time seems similar to the one i posted in a video above then?

if you perform the same test, try to load a gun, add enhancers, save it, load a new gun, enhancers, amp etc to compare them... does that work at all? i gave up after 5 minutes. i highly doubt no entropiawiki so thick no players in the game can run it properly lol :D
it does work, however i have to wait for the loading (spinning wheel) to complete at every single step before adding the next one. so i have to select the weapon, wait for it to load, than the amp. wait for it to load, than the sight, wait, scope, wait, sight 2, wait, enhancer 1, wait, etc etc

its slow, but it works

/shrug

Now we get "Oops... something went wrong" instead of loading times of 2 min. @Ludvig|MindArk can you give an update on this?

I love this site but was enlightened content can be manipulated depending on players agendas or greed .

I find this extremely sad.

The front page loaded mega quick this morning. I thought they had fixed it!!

Then I clicked anything else... Shame.. Enjoyed editing and updating the loot tables.

Oops... something went wrong​

The error has been logged and will hopefully be fixed soon. You may try to use the other functions of the site until the error is fixed. We are sorry for any inconveniences. Please file a bug report in the Bugs section if the error persists, or write post in www.planetcalypsoforum.com Entropia Wiki section.

Back