whats your gas price

5,54 US Dollar per US-Gallon here in Switzerland

Asking myselve why USA is the biggest pollutor per person in the world... Does it has to do something with the low fule/energy prices?????

BBC said:
The US contains 4% of the world's population but produces about 25% of all carbon dioxide emissions. By comparison, Britain emits 3% - about the same as India which has 15 times as many people"

And that the global warming is connected to the pollution is today undisputed and that this leads to more extreme weather conditions is also quite obviouse.

Raffaele Meiers said:
5,54 US Dollar per US-Gallon here in Switzerland

Asking myselve why USA is the biggest pollutor per person in the world... Does it has to do something with the low fule/energy prices?????

um, could it be b/c our country is f'n gigantic and we drive a lot?

*EDIT* also, am i right to assume that you in Swizterland have many many taxes built into your gasoline prices?

oh, and republicans have been in control too much -- big business has been allowed to flourish, therefore pollution has not been slowed

at least we have individual states trying to do something about it :) check out what the Governator has to say about it: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/31/global.warming.ap/index.html

Last edited:
Here in Norway, it cost from aprox 11.50 - 12.50 NOK for 1 liter.
From Http://www.xe.com, I can read that 1 NOK is 0.158323 USD.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon I can read that 1 U.S. liquid gallon is 3.785411784 liters.

(11.5*0.158323)*3.785411784 = 6.89 USD
(12.5*0.158323)*3.785411784 = 7.49 USD

Today, I saw it offered at Esso for 11.56 NOK pr liter, so I filled up my tank. :D

(Edit, if Gallon is measured in 4.404884, you can add around 16% to the prices. I don't know so much about measure system in US)

/Kjetil :cool:

onyx oZ Zombie said:

Actually, you do, and it only tends to be down to the corner shop, because you Americans don't like walking. :tongue2:

Numa said:
Actually, you do, and it only tends to be down to the corner shop, because you Americans don't like walking. :tongue2:

yes, "we" americans are all EVIL and do not enjoy walking 6 miles for some smokes and beer :p

im in canada and my gas is 98 cents a litre

I just went to Costco to fill up and it was $2.65 per gallon. Although its a memebership club it tends to be $.20 cheaper than regular gas stations. So that saves me about ~2.00 per fill up. Man I am thankful I got rid of my 4x4 truck 11 mpg and jumped into a 33-36 mpg car. If gas continues to go up I an really starting to consider getting a Hybrid or if they can swing it here an e-85 vehicle. I personally think we should have some alternative cheaper source of fuel and energy but I would hate to think what would finally push us to go that route since it more than likely would not be painless.

onyx oZ Zombie said:

*EDIT* also, am i right to assume that you in Swizterland have many many taxes built into your gasoline prices?

oh, and republicans have been in control too much -- big business has been allowed to flourish, therefore pollution has not been slowed

at least we have individual states trying to do something about it :) check out what the Governator has to say about it: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/31/global.warming.ap/index.html

Yes about 40% of the price are taxes but even without taxes it would cost more than in the states.

Yes Switzerland is smaller than the USA but there are even bigger countrys than the USA which also do not consume so much Oil per person.
I think it has more to do with the size of the cars and therefore the mpg as well as I think the public tansportation systems in Europe are far better than in the states.

Raffaele Meiers said:
Yes about 40% of the price are taxes but even without taxes it would cost more than in the states.

Yes Switzerland is smaller than the USA but there are even bigger countrys than the USA which also do not consume so much Oil per person.
I think it has more to do with the size of the cars and therefore the mpg as well as I think the public tansportation systems in Europe are far better than in the states.

I think you need to do some research as to what % of that polution/oil consumption is from cars ;)

Raffaele Meiers said:

ok, thanks for the info :)

Raffaele Meiers said:

just give China a few years more -- they'll outstrip the US in pollution contribution :D

Raffaele Meiers said:

many people do tend to drive large so-called "suv"s around here, that's for sure...not my style, personally :| And yes, from what I hear public transportation is much more readily available and better in Europe than here in the States

honestly, tho, i think it's our industry that causes the most pollution :wise:

onyx oZ Zombie said:
just give China a few years more -- they'll outstrip the US in pollution contribution :D

meaning the good ol' US can carry on polluting as normal ;)

this week it just started to go below 3$ a gallon....

Looks like i'm the first Aussie to reply

$1.30 - 1.40 per litre

So in US gallons that is 1.30*3.785411784 = 4.92 Aussie Dollar.

1 Australian dollar = 0.7635 U.S. dollars according to Google.

Now 38 cents is Fed Gov excise, 10% of it is GST and the State governments have a road funding excise of about 2-10 cents depending on the state i think.

LPG is a viable alternative here at 50cpl. My toyota hilux used to run about 350-400km off 52l in a 65l tank.

we just hit 2.48 today in my small military run town.

i also have a speedy rewards card *frequent buyer type program* and i get 50 cents off the next 25 gallons!

so less than 2$ a gallon lol

According to my Irani friend, pertrol Iran is 13 cents a litre :eek: :eek:

dr_udi said:
In sweden its around 5.8$ a gallon calculating from an liter price of 11.04 skr

i gbg har vi13skr/liter

It's still running around $2.95 a gallon in upstate NY right now... still waiting to see if it will ever drop (like waiting for a mod fap) :rolleyes: THe state legislature even passed a bill to drop the state and county taxes per gallon. Right after these went into effect is when the last spike went into effect and raised the price right back to where we were before the tax reduction.

Back