WHC - Wanderers Hunting Calculator

Changelog, previews and other updates

Please view the main post for a link to the new WHC thread.

Last edited:
To make WHC truly feel like new I've decided to delete all the old statistics and users. I'm sorry if I upset anyone, but due to the fact that WHC has been down for so long and i didn't get any PM's complaining about it I doubt it will be a problem to anyone.

If you had an old account and is flaming mad I deleted you and your statistics, send me a PM with your username and I'll restore all your information and you'll be back in the game so to speak. ;)

I do promise to do a better job keeping it up and running this time around.

Last edited:
paper and pen?

why dont you use excel, you ca ndo all of this with it dont you?

gl with your calculator

paper and pen?

why dont you use excel, you ca ndo all of this with it dont you?

gl with your calculator

I would like to see an online and public hunting statistics system made with Excel. :laugh:

Seriously though, making hunting stats in Excel is harder for me since I'm a lot better at web coding. Pen and paper is obviously the quickest way to calculate hunts and that's why I used it, but you don't get any reasonable statistics from it and that's why I thought of making WHC.

WHC 1.24 has just been uploaded. I'm sure a lot of you will like the new preview feature! :yay:

More updates on WHC! Personal statistics isn't seen as a preview anymore, but a fully working component of WHC with its own image link from the profile page.

If you haven't started using the service yet the time is now. I believe it's the most advanced service for hunting statistics that is available for the public, yet also quick and easy to use. ;)

The next update is scheduled to include theme support and possibly a new theme to choose instead of the dusty and old red one. We'll just see how much time I have to spend this week.

Have fun. :thumbup:

Sweet tool for a lazy ass like me who ever keep track of anything.
I registered now, will try to upload a hunt later tonight.

...seems like a nice tool. will have to give it a go! :D

thx,
darri

Thanks for the encouragement, Staffas and Kpward!

Theme support is delayed since I noticed another feature that must be implementented. You should of course be able to see personal statistics on only one area instead of just all of them together. Due to the way I've coded WHC it's a bit tricky to implement, but nevertheless fully possible.

It will be implemented this week. Theme support will be an ongoing process most probably since there are a lot of code changes needed to be done on quite a few pages for it to work nicely.

Just a small bumper sticker. ;)

I haven't had time to work on the personal statistics area upgrade, but hopefully I'll have a few minutes soon. In the mean time, give WHC a try. :silly2:

BUMP this one up!

I fell and hurt my shoulder a week ago and this is actually the first time I've been able to sit by the computer. It seems some muscle in my shoulder got somewhat tender. For some weird reason I also got a fever a day ago to make matters even worse. At least I'm healing although slowly. ;)

I'll begin working on WHC again when I can actually move my right arm from the mouse to the keyboard without having to position it with my left hand. :laugh:

Time to bump up again. No further updates in WHC as of yet, but there will be. I'm a bit fed up coding in areas with personal statistics, but that may be because WHC wasn't coded for that particular function in mind. There are countless workarounds though, but I'm not looking forward to going into uncharted territories of code. :laugh:

If you have any ideas to other functions that should be available, just respond and I'll see what can be done. ;)

WHC is updated with a hopefully better tutorial. In my ignorance I found WHC to be the easiest thing in the world, but those who have not calculated their returns before might be scared off. This reworked tutorial has image examples of how to calculate returns using the trade terminal and the repair terminal.

Sadly, it has come to my attention that the session time might be too short for a few users. Some people like to take their time while calculating returns and WHC will automatically log you out in around 10 minutes. I might need to use cookies to prolong session time. I like cookies too, especially those with chocolate. :silly2:

To be serious, it's an important issue and it has moved up to highest priority for the moment!

hello man and thx for your work.
can i say something stupid?
me too I have the problem to calculate my hunting/mining/craft runs and me too I use paper and pen, and i realized that can be more simple if i can calculate my avatar value before and after each run.
I mean, will be nice if i go in entropiauniverse and use the info about my avatar to calculate with a software all my value in ped (this mean it must calculate the markup of all items.... at least i think it s not very very difficult). After the run I will repeat the same process. What i lost or i gain will be the difference between those 2 values. Of course they are not calculated the skill gained... and i don t see any way to do it easily. I dunno if there is some problem with this idea. Maybe you or some other can consider the possibility to realize it. (of course will be nice if you reward me for this idea :)
in any case TO STAY IN TOPIC:
THX A LOT FOR ALL YOUR WORK: I WILL USE YOUR WEBSITE FOR SURE
IT ROCKS

Definitely not a stupid idea and it does work somewhat, but there are a few problems that makes it unusuable for me at least. The first factor is the markup. The services that lets you calculate your inventory uses PEAuction to fetch markup. PEAuction does not give a very reliable result these days.

The other problem I find with this method is the auction system. What would happen if you get an item sold in auction during your hunt? That would pretty much make the whole result incorrect.

Like I mentioned before, it takes just a few minutes to record a hunt in WHC and it's way more reliable. ;)

Another little bump! :yay:

Still only 23 registered users and a big opportunity to show off how much or little you profit. :laugh:

Mini update:
Added a small banner for the FoF IX . It doesn't look stunning, but hopefully it'll make this coming FoF even more popular. ;)

A little bump back to first page!

For your information, The FoF banner has been removed since the event is over. Guess who won?

Yup, Federation of Free Wanderers! :wtg:

Seems like a good tool for hunting statistics. I'll try it.
I tried to make something similar in Excel, a template. But during reinstallation of my system, that document got lost, and Im lazy to start over again. :rolleyes:

//Mariko

Long time since my last bump, but I didn't see the need for one. No further functions are yet implemented, but many are still planned. Due to recent comments I'm beginning to see that these functions are in need and have boosted my commitment. The only problem is finding the time needed to sit down and do something about it. ;)

Seems like a good tool for hunting statistics. I'll try it.
I tried to make something similar in Excel, a template. But during reinstallation of my system, that document got lost, and Im lazy to start over again. :rolleyes:

//Mariko

It seems a lot of WHC users have used homemade Excel templates before switching. I'm yet to figure out why no-one has openly shared a template with the rest of the community.

Nevertheless, I hope you like WHC. If anything lacks please give me your views on improvements that could be made.

A small update to WHC fixing one old bug of missing decimals and also added a temporary fix to the sad fact that you can't sort information to stick through several pages. A permanent solution is in the works however. ;)

I have also gotten a new request for a graphs system. All the scripts I've tried in the past turned out to be what youngsters these days call "epic failures", but I received a link to another script that just might do the trick. A contest for designing new themes for the upcoming WHC with said theme support is also being planned!

Hopefully the new theme support will be ready before EU implements the Cryengine. :thumbup:

Another update to WHC! Now the paging system is closer to completion and you can also select how many hits per page you want to view by default. That kind of fixes the problems below although more will be done to the sorting system.

A small update to WHC fixing one old bug of missing decimals and also added a temporary fix to the sad fact that you can't sort information to stick through several pages. A permanent solution is in the works however. ;)

New design, theme support update

I'm proud to announce that theme support is moving forward! I'm working on a new design which will match EU better. Screenshots of the new design will be uploaded to this thread this evening! I'm hopeful that partial (or even full) theme support will be ready by this weekend and that the new design will be the new standard theme for WHC by then. :thumbup:

The first preview image of the next generation WHC has been uploaded! :scratch2: :) :yay:

To be honest it's far from being done, but the idea for the design is what you can see here. More previews will follow showing off other areas than the login screen. Expect more color and action. ;)

Once again I'm quick as a speeding bullet. ;)

Partial theme support is now a reality and a new theme has been introduced to WHC! It took a relatively short time to code actually, but it's still only partial support.

Drop me a line if you have any thoughts about WHC, I would love to get your views on the application.

Have fun! :yay:

Just a very small and insignificant update this evening, but it should make the new EU theme look better. I removed the background color since it didn't do much of anything. With 16M colors it looks kind of orange and with 32M colors it's hardly visible, in any way it didn't improve the theme.

I'm planning on having some kind of event or maybe just advertise WHC in some way (that isn't too expensive). If you have any idea how to spread the word give me a clue. ;)

Graphs in the next WHC!

I actually didn't expect that it would be possible to implement graphs to WHC due to the way it was coded, but the tides are turning. I got a tip from the avid WHC user Borr that Google does offer some nice graphs that aren't too hard to set up. The problem is that I can't add the whole graph system to the WHC server, but nevertheless a good solution for the time being.

I expect the next WHC update will be finished sometime next week and it will be a huge step forward!

A preview screenshot will be uploaded shortly! :yay:

WHC, version 1.46 - Graphs are here!

Woot! :) :eek: :yay:

One more huge update! The graphs are powered by Google and goes through WHC with a system I developed which will both sort and limit the many variables. It's still not finished by a longshot, but I believe it will work alright for the time being.

Many thanks to Borr for suggesting Google! :thumbup:

EDIT: Something slightly unrelated... I'm planning on moving this thread to "General discussion" in hope of getting some more exposure. I will start a new thread as soon as this one dies out so to speak. A link will of course be posted. ;)

Last edited:
Back