Question: When do HOF ATHs and Globals occur?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
I was wondering if there was a common time frame when a global be it a HOF ATH or simple global occur? Do you find you get them after a few kills or after an amount of ammo spent. Likely it is purely dynamic, but worth seeing what players experience.

Cheers

whenever I'm not hunting and not crafting and not mining

whenever I'm not hunting and not crafting and not mining

This.

Anytime i've ever had a HOF, it was always within the first 5 mobs. But, that is purely anecdotal.

My loot is pretty sparratic. I don't really think there is anything pinpoint accurate about globals/hofs/aths other than the fact that they balance loot in the long run.

When u dont try to get them :)!

Don't know about hofs (had only a handful) but usually doing 300-400ped ammo runs, I have a strong feeling that most globals happen either at the very beginning or at the very end of a run (first or last 5% of ammo). Very often they also happen when I ran out of amps and finish the last mob without it or with another weapon.

Global, hof, ath all are probably dependent on many different factors. In some cases one factor may be more prominent than others. Isolating each factor and it's links between the others is quite a difficult task. Plus there is probably some degree of unpredictable variation built in to make it difficult to figure things out.

My two most recent occurred when miners were nearby - on radar. I had two within three days like that and nothing since.

Other than that I've not experienced a time frame produced from ped spent, mobs killed or ammo / decay done.

With the way Monria had it's accidental global storm I'm even more convinced it's based on actions performed by the players I.e. probes dropped, items crafted or mobs killed in an area with a slight randomization so that it harder to track.With Monria someone forgot to set the reload values after the initial values were expended.

Last edited:
When i have lost a load of ped.

I normally get 50% back on a hof after waiting 2hours-12 hours.

Other than that, I have completely dried up with globals and hofs.

I use to get them a lot, now I rarely global.

I did get a 110ped hof earlier..............................................................................

I am hoping I am just going through a dry spot, if nothing has improved in a few weeks I am gone, as playing like this is no fun..

after I lose all my peds, then depo! :broke:

The 5 mob theory is a common thing. When agis was still in the dung kickers he explained his view on this to me. He said he had looked into the company that supposedly had written the loot table for PE, he said they somehow always worked with a multiplication of 5, although I have yet to experience any benefit from knowning this :p.
On the other hand ive been "seeing" a pattern in mining hofs, it seems to have a several hour delay, and then several in a limited amount of time, if you check the hours of hofs on the hof list it seems to work that way, if you have a "clock going at a tick which does not fit in 24 a natural number of times ( e.g. 6h, (6x4 = 24) does) you have these moments on different times of the day every day :p. However as some of you probably know the human mind is adept at discovering relations that arent there so I don't put too much emphasis on certain playing times. Although i do seem to be getting some remarkable deposits at like 3 a.m. (gmt+1) ;).

About HoF-s and loot, simple theory...

You can argue, you can not argue, can believe, can not believe it, but here's what I think :

Being the owner of MU, while developing it , I would need the controls, the means for withdrawal to bank account, and to encourage players, as well as for limiting especially zealous. To realize it's all only on the server is not possible (unless of course there is no cluster size of a house), so as to control a bunch of options there is no way, do not have enough computing power.

So, from my point of view, "Player karma" (it's not personal lootpul, it really is not, as say us the MA) can be formed in a client-server version, the most of the data collecting and processed by the client, because clent just has access to all the necessary constants.

It is not necessary to say once again that the protection of the client, there are various kinds of checksums and packages that client regularly feeds the server to prevent modification of the traffic, or modification of the client. If this happens, should start the "panic mode", connect to EU must break off, and the server register a temporary ban for an avatar, and admins must check this issue. No doubt that's all there is in the EU. Then absolutely nothing worth prescribe in packets sent to the server a token that will fit :

1.Avatar professional standing

2.Turnover over a certain period (s)

3.Indicator of the predominant activity

4.Your gear index or token (can be combined with p.p.1)

5 ... (add your own)

This information may be transmitted once a certain period, for example once every 5 or 10 minutes. Or 20, or can be requested by server as random, not for to load any client or server. (Incidentally tokens can be several such short and long-term, the second can be updated once a day for example, or less. If the first change too drastically, may be at work the second or third, which complicates the action for modification (forgery) token and increases general inertia of the system)

For this package with a token, server generates a multiplier, which will be calculated your loot for a certain period of time, of course taking parameters of the mob that you kill, or places where you are, or BP that you click.

If this ratio is changed every 10 minutes, the player gets the impression that there is a (so-called) wave of looting started for him personally. Naturally, there are periods of the server (this periods , or waves), but if the multiplier, which was formed on your server token is low, it means that as you in loss, but all around will have Globals! Similarly, if your ratio is high, you get HoF, and everything they say: Oh, wtf... again!

Your token can be stored on the server indefinitely, and transmitted to the client at startup, and calculations necessary modification of this token passes in the client (depending on your gameplay), and he periodically unloaded back to the server, resulting in the restatement loot factor, which is laid you personally with this mob (place / BP).

This system can provide for MA a great controls, including a "favor modes" for avatars as they wish, arrange promotions, etc. etc. A token - the simplest solution for the "random" system. Too often bombs fell to one funnel (or vice versa!)? And so to you , it is up to you (what-what ... you have there in Storage and PED-Card? ) Depended on this you get in the EU.

And maybe when you enter in the game, token can be re-generated and ... you recieved a HoF?

HOFs and Globals accur exactly when i write "A***F***A" in chat. Any chat is fine, social, trade... If you want to know the word, drop me a pm ;)

You should friend me, so you can see the moment I log out, because that is the moment the ATH usually occur...

when i click the simple x bps on condition, for like 4-5 hours, ill always get like 2 hofs or a hof and a global which will balance out the return to about 90%

hunting it seems to depend which mob, some mobs i get steady returns and no globals, and also does anyone think that when loads of people are hunting that mob,that can increase ur chance of a global? or not? high hp mobs i think are more likely to global with a longer swing, and shit short term returns..

from my miniscule knowledge of programming, some stuff they may use to "randomise" stuff is the time, like u have an equation, and pipe the current time into it which obviously will give a different result each time hence u have randomized the result. i think mulitplier is luck based but u will normally get ur 90% eventually, be it though steady loot, globals or hoffs.

some people definately beleive location and time is relevant and will always use a certain crafting machine at certain place :laugh: but thats more superstition i think

My First HOF SOLO ever, was Dec 6 2013 21:49:15 - feffox young
My second HOF SOLO was Dec 10 2013 22:20:16 - feffox young
thesame area radius of 50m

Most of my globals happens in common spots, i regularly visit same spot at random time but mostly they hit at +/- 2hrs difference.

1 run is 64PEDZ (Full repair of my Philo Sword)

this is all i can share.

Merry Christmas!

Back