Question: When is a Global not a Global?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
Hi,

Whilst out hunting Argos today, an Isis CB19 (L) popped up in the window on its own (one of my favourite loots from them) and presumed it must have a TT of about 48 PED.

When I clicked on it however, it turned out to be 66.40 PED, and yet it hadn't triggered the usual swirls and the text in the global chat.

Obviously I'm not complaining about this, ;) and it isn't worth reporting this as a bug, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a loot window over 50ped that didn't trigger a global?

Maybe its quite common but it's the first time its happened to me.

Yeah, PM once did, he even sent me the screenie because I was sure he had made a mistake.

He hadn't :scratch2:

just a minor bug :) heard of it a few times (never experienced it myself though, as I have never globalled :silly2:)

its hapened to me before mega but ill be damned if i remember when why and how, moms bitched about it from her desk before too so i can confirm it does happen sometimes.

happens to me too on an atrox young at ithaka
the value was ~67 ped

i had 2 weeks ago 2 globals, but not at loottracker :D

well, still GZ with your global :)

Did you have globals in chat off?

Same for me got a 60 ped global in Lyst but not yellow star :D

Happend at least twice 2 me

I had a 250ped loot on warrior ones no swirles :scratch2:

Did you have globals in chat off?

No, global chat was on - but more importantly no trumpets and swirlies!

Interesting to see it can happen whilst mining too.

Looks like it is not that rare at all and as Thantos screenshot shows, is an old bug - not a serious one, just a quirk.

This usually happens in ultra overhunted areas near server border.

I remember from the past, a 2k+ silent hof at Jason Drone Centre (tm), by someone.

It was posted in the hall of fame section.

it can happened also in mining, i had a XV deposit once with no swirlies and no chat message.

It's just a bug ;)

Back in the days when money still came in loot, I killed a drone near Jason and got 50ped in gold plus some assorted other stuff - no swirlies and no global in chat. :scratch2:

I'll dig up the screenshot later.

I've had that before too a couple of times now. Not that I'm complaining like. :silly2:

I have had the same issue sometimes, but i also have had swirles and trumpet twice on same global, so i guess i can call it equal ;D

Back