When is China people gonna join EU?

Elis

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Elis Silva Elora
I've been seeing snippet here and there saying that China peoples are going to flood the EU. I've been here in EU maybe half a year, I've yet to seen any conclusive evidences that China peoples are in EU. Aside from the building in New Oxford and a few messages in the forum, there aren't anything remotely connected to China in this game. I'm wondering if its just a rumor or are there anything concrete evidence to support this heresay. Even the website promoted in the New Oxford building just linked you to a Semi-government agency specializing in promoting/developing IT and cyber/virtual world for China. (Much like Cyberjaya back in Malaysia).

Its not like I'm looking for more people to join EU, its just that I'm curious. I've been trying to search for news on this issue on the net as well as in this forum but so far nothing yet.

So back to my question again. "Is the news that EU will open up to China like WoW did happen or are these news just rumors/heresay?" What say you my fellow Entropian?

PS: Although I'm in China but I'm not local there......lol:laugh:

I haven't been on in the past couple of days. Are they here yet?

:laugh:

They wil probably come after the Crytec update, who knows when that will come though.

I've heard that the game will be opened up to China in the new release.
I can not remember where I heard/read this so who knows - could be just a rumour.

Will make the game interesting with influx of new identies :)

This has been discussed to death on several threads, but I am virtually certain that the whole Chinese deal is basically a complete other set of "worlds" that are more B2B and commercially related. Very similar to that other virtual universe/non-game thing.

To me, it sounded like they will be entire "planets" full of New Oxford. But, as usual, it is virtually impossible to tell anything from MA press releases.

Anyone actually checked the Chinese website lately?

It would be VERY unlikely the china people will be on the same server as non-china people. By chinese law an online game company will actually have to partner with a chinese company that will be running the china servers, the servers will have to be located in china, and only allow chinese people on them not western people.

This is how they do things in china, if its any other way I'd be EXTREMELY surprised.

http://lawofthegame.blogspot.com/2007/07/online-gaming-restrictions-go-into.html

Theres lots of interesting laws that games sold and marketed in china have to abide by... The chinese EU will not be compatible with the western world. :p

Last edited:
oh i feel endless ped grinders coming up.
professional professionists will be kicked from their throne
ubers will become noobs
china will take over entropia.

.. but its not that i don't want them to join ^^
..... the more .. the better .... .. right? :laugh:

( don't take this offensive against china, it's just a joke no harsh feelings )

oh i feel endless ped grinders coming up.
professional professionists will be kicked from their throne
ubers will become noobs
china will take over entropia.

.. but its not that i don't want them to join ^^
..... the more .. the better .... .. right? :laugh:

( don't take this offensive against china, it's just a joke no harsh feelings )

Don't worry... it would be very very very very VERY abnormal for the chinese people to be on the same server as us. Every other online game maintains separate servers *IN* china for ONLY chinese people to play on.

(But apparently nothing stops them from connecting to OUR servers to farm currency and sell it to us.. haha)

But officially they will be kept on chinese ran servers ran by a chinese company. It's a communist company who wants their people exposed to the minimum amount of western influence as they can.. probably a loosing battle with the internet, but they try. This extends to games.

We have 2 soc members from China (and living in China), so clearly there are already Chinese players in the game.

I gather the biggest barrier atm is the time it takes to download the game initially, and subsequent VU updates.

IIRC, one mentioned the original download took 3 DAYS, and updates can require a 12hr download. :eek:

(And I thought my initial download of 16hrs on ADSL was slow !! )

Hopefully this will be addressed with the introduction of a Chinese planet, with its own separate portal, where avas will spawn. I guess that this could be much in the way that people can spawn on CND by joining thru the realityport site.

As for timing - closest I can see is a press release ref to 'halfway thru 2008'.

From a marketing viewpoint, I'd guess somewhere just before or after the Olympics ;)

:scratch: showing location as Shangai, i would have thought the OP was best placed to answer the question rather than ask it. presumbably you are playing, do you access through normal, regular connection or do you use some proxy/company/private link? As i've noted before and Serica confirms, there a a few chinese based players already in EU. not the hordes expected but it demonstrates Chinese are able to log on, but for ever reason dont. probably becuase they dont know about it, its not exactly a big name in Euro/US.

Anyway theres no other news then MA plan to do some big implementation of the platform and Chinese are involved though some big datacentre being constructed. the nature of the worlds and everything else is speculation, we the playerbase have create more "news" and detail in the vacuum of actual information and our using our western prejudices against the east.

Simply put, China IS a communist run system. They abhor any association with the western world in their social structure (but are willing to take trillions of our dollars annually). I would expect the "china rush" to be nothing other than 1~3 planets that are virtual Ebays/Malls, staffed with very specifically selected chinese support personnel, whom have undergone the strictest mental conditioning possible, so as not to be "swayed" by any western-stylized concepts which they may encounter while selling us the Nike branded running shoes in their virtual universe :p.

I have already seen ads in chinese and i have seen ppl talk funny in all chat, also I have witnessed exarosaur stalker pets with chinese texts.

They are among us.... phear!

They can connect out to western games, generally. But to market and sell a game in china it has to be china only, distributed and ran by a Chinese company, and the servers have to be physically in china.

I'm 100% sure that this "Chinese deal" means that a new separate EU will be implemented in China for this, they WON'T all be connecting to our EU.

*shrug*

there's already a group of chinese ppl from china loitering at camp phoenix.
some hunting feffoids and molisk around there and some sweating at sweatcamp.

MMM if by China law china has to have their own server wich westerners can join in then the Chineese will nether join the same EU as the rest of us so they will nether come for us.
Hell china can already be ingame and we cant see them. Might explain the bad loot bad sweat bad damn everything sins china is busy collecting all the loot and sweat from their sweat shops

It would be VERY unlikely the china people will be on the same server as non-china people. By chinese law an online game company will actually have to partner with a chinese company that will be running the china servers, the servers will have to be located in china, and only allow chinese people on them not western people.

This is how they do things in china, if its any other way I'd be EXTREMELY surprised.

http://lawofthegame.blogspot.com/2007/07/online-gaming-restrictions-go-into.html

Theres lots of interesting laws that games sold and marketed in china have to abide by... The chinese EU will not be compatible with the western world. :p

This is almost completely opposite to what MA people here have said over and over....it's fact that travel between planets will be possible, and even been stated that some of our items may not work on other worlds....but we (and they) will be able to travel within the universe isn't in doubt just the how and when parts. The chinese already have a presence in EU ...an official one too, the building added not long back?

The days of forbidden cities are long over ...in a few months we'll all be watching the Olympics held there ...and soon after hopefully we'll see EU get a boost and get some new friends to go visit. Can't wait personally.

t

:scratch: showing location as Shangai, i would have thought the OP was best placed to answer the question rather than ask it. presumbably you are playing, do you access through normal, regular connection or do you use some proxy/company/private link? As i've noted before and Serica confirms, there a a few chinese based players already in EU. not the hordes expected but it demonstrates Chinese are able to log on, but for ever reason dont. probably becuase they dont know about it, its not exactly a big name in Euro/US.

Though I'm here in China but I saw no promotion on Entropia Universe. (There's alot on WoW though!) And I started playing back when I'm still in Malaysia and continue so after I got transfer to China.:D Internet access here in China is really not that bad. Of course there is the occasional news or website that got blocked but generally you can visit any site u like (except for those that got blocked though). As for downloading the EU, well it took me 16hrs to do that here in China using ADSL. Well the line is private line but its quite affordable.
Like I say, there is no news about Entropia Universe here in China at all, no poster, no Ads, that's why I got curious and started this thread.

This is almost completely opposite to what MA people here have said over and over....it's fact that travel between planets will be possible, and even been stated that some of our items may not work on other worlds....but we (and they) will be able to travel within the universe isn't in doubt just the how and when parts. The chinese already have a presence in EU ...an official one too, the building added not long back?

The days of forbidden cities are long over ...in a few months we'll all be watching the Olympics held there ...and soon after hopefully we'll see EU get a boost and get some new friends to go visit. Can't wait personally.

t

My feeling exactly! :cool: And more player means more money in the loot pool and in the general EU economy eh mate? ;)

MMM if by China law china has to have their own server wich westerners can join in then the Chineese will nether join the same EU as the rest of us so they will nether come for us.
Hell china can already be ingame and we cant see them. Might explain the bad loot bad sweat bad damn everything sins china is busy collecting all the loot and sweat from their sweat shops

there's already a group of chinese ppl from china loitering at camp phoenix.
some hunting feffoids and molisk around there and some sweating at sweatcamp.

I have already seen ads in chinese and i have seen ppl talk funny in all chat, also I have witnessed exarosaur stalker pets with chinese texts.

They are among us.... phear!

Lol....ok....:silly2:

Simply put, China IS a communist run system. They abhor any association with the western world in their social structure (but are willing to take trillions of our dollars annually). I would expect the "china rush" to be nothing other than 1~3 planets that are virtual Ebays/Malls, staffed with very specifically selected chinese support personnel, whom have undergone the strictest mental conditioning possible, so as not to be "swayed" by any western-stylized concepts which they may encounter while selling us the Nike branded running shoes in their virtual universe :p.

You have no idea how capitalist the "Communist" Chinese had become...:laugh: They are communist in name only. Singapore is even more "Communist" than China. Yes, they do occasionally "controlled" the media and people but tell me which country's government that didn't do it in one way or another. Its just that China did it more brutally and openly then most other country.

Anyway back to the original subject. Yes there are China chinese here in EU but their number is insignificant. They are not the so call "flood" that had be rumored. There are no publicity on EU at all in China. (even WoW and Eve Online had an Ad now and then over here). That's why I'm wondering if China's poeple are really going to join EU.

...there is no news about Entropia Universe here in China at all, no poster, no Ads, that's why I got curious and started this thread.

there is little news here and no advertising. MA relies on a few big events to create IT centric press releases that sometime break into the mainstream (i heard of it due to CND sale), conferance demonstrations and word of mouth. never seen an ad.

This is almost completely opposite to what MA people here have said over and over....it's fact that travel between planets will be possible,

but have they said that we will be able to travel to the China planets or just used the term in general. The statements 'China will have their own planets. You will be able to travel to other planets as their added.' is not the same as 'China will have their own planets and you will be able to travel to them'.

With MA not explicitly saying otherwise I'd agree that we won't be seeing a large player influx from China. I'd also think the Chinese government wouldn't like to see large amounts of cash leaving China never to return.

Back