When is it time...

Rockchick

Marauder
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Jaqui Rockchick Jovi
When is it time to call it a day?

I love and have loved PE/EU for a few years now and always said when it stopped being fun I would quit. Now it hasn't stopped being fun and I still love to play.. But it has become extremely expensive to play and therefore I only get a couple of days of play from my depo.

I really want to play, but dont think I really want to put that many more £££££ in a week to keep playing a game.

So I would like to know when is it time to say enough is enough?
I think I would like to hear from peeps that have quit (and/or come back) as to what pushed them to the edge :)

I am addicted and I love the game.... But there is so much doubt in my head right now its freaking me out :eek:

So when is it time?

Well i started playing bak in 2006. Just came back a couple of weeks ago after a 7 month brake. I love this game but it's too costly to play. I guess I'm just addictred that's why i keep comming back :D

I am addicted and I love the game.... But there is so much doubt in my head right now its freaking me out :eek:

So when is it time?

im to addicted to leave the building ... but i have a monthly limit ... when its gone im gone till next month. Someday i will find another game and maybe i will get addicted to it... than is it my time.

Opalo / 101 and Snables FTW :yay:

Oops, sorry, that is a rifle :ahh:

I'm same.......just can't devote the time or £££ I once used to, oh well such is life. I don't think I'll ever give up my avatar so I keep popping back to keep my ava alive until I am more settled IRL and the RL economy recovers!

I've kept all my skills n items mind! just can't take myself for runs out like I used to. :(

So I wouldn't call it a day yet, just put your ava on ice for a while, till you can afford more £££ to devote to it.

Jamhot

Just do cheaper things ingame? :dunno:

I deposit 200PED/month and I am ingame several hours per day...

I hear about this eco thing, and even tried it..... Nah not so much fun and if its not fun well.... whats the point :dunno:

yep did some daikiba hunting near Swamp when I didn't want to deposit and you can keep that going for a long time on a short budget.

but I'd say if you have to skip some important stuff IRL to keep playing (like food and clothes and Beer) and a house) it might be time to quit or slow down a bit.

but I'd say if you have to skip some important stuff IRL to keep playing (like food and clothes and Beer) and a house) it might be time to quit or slow down a bit.

Tis ok have not got out of control with my depos, RL will always come first :)

But what I have always depoed now only lasts 24/48 hrs and I cant play for the rest of the week. (and that makes me sad :cry: )

I love and have loved PE/EU for a few years now and always said when it stopped being fun I would quit. Now it hasn't stopped being fun and I still love to play.. But it has become extremely expensive to play and therefore I only get a couple of days of play from my depo.

I really want to play, but dont think I really want to put that many more £££££ in a week to keep playing a game.

I think I would like to hear from peeps that have quit (and/or come back) as to what pushed them to the edge :)

So when is it time?

I would say now is that time. But not forever! Take an extended break from EU. Enjoy the summer, fall and winter. Come back next year, see what happens :)

Why did it get more expensive? If you are simply hunting bigger mobs than before I suggest downgrading.

I joined end 2005. Have played a lot. Also have had periods where I almost don't play. Going to another period like this right now. Ever since Vu 10 it just ha not been the same for me. Even after all these months it still feels like I live on an alien planet. As for the money. Yes it has gotten expensive. I did not depo for several months now. Just sold a shop to get some peds. It has been sustaining me for a few months now butI maybe play once a week. When that peds are gone not sure what will happen. I'm guessing the breaks will get evne longer then....:rolleyes:

Why did it get more expensive? If you are simply hunting bigger mobs than before I suggest downgrading.

To tell you the truth I have no idea... I play with the same kit and with the same sort of mobs as I have for ages (Though my skills have grown)

There are always ups and downs.. but I have been waiting for a up for a while now :silly2:

Feeling very much the same as you & I've done the summer away thing (as I do each year). I'm still waiting for those waves of yearning to log back in to return as they always have in past years, but it's not happening. If anything the time away this go around is making the game seem less relevant than ever for whatever reason. Could simply be a very natural and normal feeling after so many years devoted primarily to one game. I've never heard of one building up a tolerance level to carrots, but it sure feels like my Av needs fresh carrots; the current crop are tasting quite stale.

If you are playing and still needing to depo after so long, you are doing something wrong.

So, if you want to play longer on your depo:

1) change what you are doing (that isn't working)
2) don't

If you are playing and still needing to depo after so long, you are doing something wrong.

So, if you want to play longer on your depo:

1) change what you are doing (that isn't working)
2) don't

Why assuming she´s doing something wrong , she played for fun as many actually do and are willing and prepared too loose certain amount :confused:

and yeah think the post is about "change what you doing" after all she ask when is it time too take a break ;)

Summer is the best time for a break.
It is an absolute waste to spent it in front of a computer and best time of the year to rethink some things.
Never took really long breaks, but after my 3 weeks in Greece I can really not pull myself ingame, I feel bored and it feels like loot suxx, even though nothing has changed. My losses are higher because I am way too careless and with this weather right now, I am too lazy to care :D

So when is it time?

Sorry, but this makes no sense at all... you answered your own question already, so stop playing, take a a break and when you feel its time to come back, then try to find a way to keep having fun within the boundaries of your deposited PEDs. Take a break -it has really worked wonders for me and maybe you will experience the same. Enjoy the summer in RL ;)

Last edited:
Why assuming she´s doing something wrong , she played for fun as many actually do and are willing and prepared too loose certain amount :confused:

Actually rockchick states the opposite. She wants to play more, but doesn't know how. She wants to play 70 hours a week on the depo that is currently lasting 10 hours.

I'm not sure how you misread that.

Summer is the best time for a break.
It is an absolute waste to spent it in front of a computer and best time of the year to rethink some things.

This is good advicem except that England is a tundra ^_^

Actually rockchick states the opposite. She wants to play more, but doesn't know how. She wants to play 70 hours a week on the depo that is currently lasting 10 hours.

I'm not sure how you misread that.

Sorry hon but I think that is what I was saying, I cant play the way I want to play ... But I'm finding it hard to work out when I should just go.. or finding out how others made the choice to go :)

This is soo true, and Wales is too :laugh:

Sorry hon but I think that is what I was saying, I cant play the way I want to play ... But I'm finding it hard to work out when I should just go.. or finding out how others made the choice to go :)

Okay cool, thanks for clarifying :)

Rockchic - i have just posted a similar post the last few days and got the same response, take a break seems to be the most popular, dont sell out.

What i intend to to is just play for less, get my daily fix by doing some of the missions and then log out for the day, i was averaging maybe 4 x 500 ped hunts per day but now i am doing about a quarter of that. still feels ok to get a daily fix and see whats going on and i feel better for not being tied to the game - times will change, things will get more fun when a few more people are back online for the winter session :)

This is soo true, and Wales is too :laugh:

:scratch2: Must be the beer here in Munich, in the summer I really do not care that much as long as I have beer and it's warm :D
Played my first MMO about 10 years ago and allways reduced my online times to a tenth during summer. Life is to precious and even more a treasure in the summer :D

I've hardly logged on the last 2 weeks, my last depo was $130 in June and I've only had 210 ped in globals, $20. Seem to not be globalling anywhere near as much as I used to. I put in the hours since that deposit, tried different mobs,mining and even did a fair bit of crafting to no avail. I kept persevering thinking it will surely even out a bit until I went broke. My hunting rank is now NA. :eek:

Don't know when I'm gonna log in again, at least I'm getting stuff done irl. Just can't seem to be bothered at this rate. I have a big interstate move coming up so can't keep chucking money into this.

That's my dismal resonse :(

bäääääääääähhhhhhhhhh - you drink warm beer in munich ? :D

Any temperature above 5 degrees is considered "warm" around here :D

seen alot of your global/hof posts in the past I know you mainly hunt ....what about taking up mining for a bit? I find when times are hard for me hunting wise, I can play alot longer mining.

Just do cheaper things ingame? :dunno:

I deposit 200PED/month and I am ingame several hours per day...

That's how I due it . And when its gone im gone till next month.

Back