Dominant
Society
Turpskillers
Trix Theconsul Reaper
hey,

i still don't get the skill thing regarding the use of weapons

if i right click on a justifier mkII i see that HA and CHA are still low:

2.8/10 and 5.3/10

if i understood correctly the gun is maxed out when all are 10/10?

but those numbers have not been changing for months now

how much skills do ya really need to max this low lvl weapon out?

or do i calculate incorrectly?

hey,

2.8/10 and 5.3/10

All non SIB weapons need the same amount of skill to be maxed out. And this is quite a lot (around 10k in every skill involved)

When you reach level 100 in the Professional Standing, it will be 10/10. Chances of that happening these days is next to none, so good luck ;)

All non SIB weapons need the same amount of skill to be maxed out. And this is quite a lot (around 10k in every skill involved)

Well actually more than that unfortunately. Although natural skills differ, so some have more affect on HA than others. So If you hunted naturally, you'd prolly have around 17k LWT when you hit 10/10. I think I read this somewhere...
There are only a few categories that can be maxed, or skilled by using any weapon In the same category.

LASER - Handgun / Rifle
BLP - Handgun / Rifle
Plasma - Handgun / Rifle

The skills are Interchangable to help another class of HA. So If you had a full set of skills, and were a 100% Laser rifle hunter, you could just sell all your rifle skill, and buy Handgun of the same amount, and you'd have equal HA to what you had on a Laser Rifle. Works the same with the Tech skills. Ex, BLP tech, LWT ect.

As an example, laser sniper (hit) will be level 100 with the following skills. Approximately.

Based on current understanding as to the importance of the skill towards the professional standing, and the current understanding at to when you get to a certain pro standing.

Skillname
Weight %
Sill points

Courage
3%

Dexterity
3%

Perception
2%

Serendipity
1%

Aim
4%

Combat Reflexes
3%

Coolness
4%

Combat Sense
5%

Commando
3%

Marksmanship
8%

Rifle
39%

Weapons Handling
8%

Laser Weaponry Technology
14%

To but this amount of skill, with a starting point of 1 point per skill will cost something like 300k peds, at PEaution prices.
Level 100 is hence reached at around 22500 points.

Last edited:
thx for all explanations

problem is that i use L guns atm but the ones i use are quite expensive

but i noticed that when i use a geo or isis i almost never miss but with the justifier (that does only half the damage) i miss frequently

the stats of the L guns are as allways 10/10 with me

i am trying to gigure this out to use or buy trhe most eco/gun that does max dmg for my skills (arent we all ) ;)

but, didn't know that there were this much skills involved as dorsai says

hey,

2.8/10 and 5.3/10

Skilling naturally, impossible and by chipping, not worth it :rolleyes:

That's why most of the ppl are skilling HG I guess....so they can use a Korss

That's why most of the ppl are skilling HG I guess....so they can use a Korss

well i guess so but you depend on marketprices, maybe korss would be better too for me, costs only half of the price of a geo and shoots bit faster

well i guess so but you depend on marketprices, maybe korss would be better too for me, costs only half of the price of a geo and shoots bit faster

You can always try to loot one yourself...it is not like they are extremely rare

You can always try to loot one yourself...it is not like they are extremely rare

i know but dont ask me why, i just like them geo's and isis's, maybe its the sound ;)

so better to keep my peds in my pockets then to chip big amounts, coz the HA and CHA will almost never be 10/10

Hm yeah...well you do not need 10/10 I guess....some scope, some laser sight and you will do ok with less HA

Hm yeah...well you do not need 10/10 I guess....some scope, some laser sight and you will do ok with less HA

what do you think is the absolute minimum to start using a gun?

No idea really...needs some testing and I am definitely not skilled enough but with a good scope and laser sights hm...around 5/10 or 7/10 should be worth a try...

If i understood it correctly "unlimited" guns starts to make sence somewhere between 7-8 HA in most cases? (compared to a korrs with markup, the commonly used example).
So IF youre considering skilling up/chipping up to be able to use an unlimited gun "efficiantly" compared, id examine the cost to go to about 7HA instead maybe? (something thats alot more possible to do skilling before you literally get old... and has a very very different cost if chipped compared to 10/10).
Blabbered some more about that in another thread so basically repeating myself i guess :p

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=831896&postcount=22 <-- Might give you some more hints from other posts as well regarding cost etc if you read all of thread btw, Doer like usually being pretty exact on the stats-part ;)

If i understood it correctly "unlimited" guns starts to make sence somewhere between 7-8 HA in most cases? (compared to a korrs with markup, the commonly used example).
So IF youre considering skilling up/chipping up to be able to use an unlimited gun "efficiantly" compared, id examine the cost to go to about 7HA instead maybe? (something thats alot more possible to do skilling before you literally get old... and has a very very different cost if chipped compared to 10/10).
Blabbered some more about that in another thread so basically repeating myself i guess :p

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=831896&postcount=22 <-- Might give you some more hints from other posts as well regarding cost etc if you read all of thread btw, Doer like usually being pretty exact on the stats-part ;)

By my rough calculation chipping 0-58 laser sniper ocsts same as 58-70.

Back