Where does Entropia save 1gb??

Bomb

Young
Society
Patriot's
Bomshot Bomb Walker
Alright so i have a new laptop. It would take me about 4hrs to download entropia on the connection i have access to. There is a laptop NEXT to me with entropia on it already. I have a 8gb flash drive so i was going to move entropia from one to the other - much faster right? But i dont know where entropia saves all the files. The instaler and client are only small files. Where is the full 1gb so i can move it?

C:\Program Files\MindArk

Thats the folder ;)

The MindArk folder is only 20.9MB though...
I think im looking for the FullDat_935.ark file. but where does it save the .ark file(s)?

Last edited:
if its not where it should be search your drives for "entropia.exe"

on my drive its

f:\Program Files\MindArk\Project Entropia\

normal people would have it on their c drive.

C:\Program Files\MindArk\Project Entropia\

Uhm, right-click Entropia shortcut /properties, and you'll see the installation folder?

BTW after you find the folder and copy it, run installer on new laptop and direct it to install EU to the folder in which you just copied game content. Installer will notice most needed files are present and will not try to download them, but it will add registry entries and install certain runtime libraries EU needs.

Thats how it works on XP at least.

Well its the same, program files, mind ark, entropia universe, FILES. but its not everything. im downloading eu right now but its slow, and it is saving the ile to the same location. I tried moving the mindark folder from the other laptop and using it but it just starts a brand new download of FullDat_935.ark. Im pretty sure ill end up redownloading it. just take awhile and since its not my home ill hae to do it in bis and pieces. Imassuming he 1gb file is compressed or something. guess ill give up soon lol. Im using vista btw.

The "ark" file is never saved anywhere, its just like a "zip" file, contains lots of files that is extracted to c:\program files\mindark (unless you specified it to install somewhere else when you installed it)

If not all files are there, you must have messed something up...

the biggest files are the Textures and Models files
You can find those in the textures and models maps in your Mindark/projectengropia/ folder

grtz

The following files are in my Entropia Universe folder:

ArkGUI.dll
binkw32.dll
CLDLLPatcher
ClientLoader
d3dx9_30.dll (actually i had to search for this file as after i copied entropia said it couldnt find it. later found it under windows files)

dbghelp.dll
dpvs.dll
dxwebsetup
Entropia
entropiauniverse.com
eula
eula-de
eula-es
eula-fr
ijl15.dll
mac3r.dll
mfc71.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
NxCooking.dll
PhysXCore.dll
PhysXLoader.dll
stlport.5.0.dll
stlport.5.1.dll
Uninstall
vcredist_x86_sp1

does your Eu run on that comp?

id be checking for other locations that your data could be. You are missing files there doing a full download might be your only recourse

there should be folders in the Eu file that contain the remaining data. Also did you uninstall and try to reinstall Eu on that comp?

c:\program files\mindark\entropia universe\textures\texture.bnt

That file is close to 1Gb.

looool. k i found it. there was a hidden data folder that wasnt showing up. thanks for the quick replies.

Well its the same, program files, mind ark, entropia universe, FILES. but its not everything. im downloading eu right now but its slow, and it is saving the ile to the same location. I tried moving the mindark folder from the other laptop and using it but it just starts a brand new download of FullDat_935.ark. Im pretty sure ill end up redownloading it. just take awhile and since its not my home ill hae to do it in bis and pieces. Imassuming he 1gb file is compressed or something. guess ill give up soon lol. Im using vista btw.

Look in your Mind Ark File For an Executable file "CLDLLPatcher" then run this instead of the client loader and your In. I had the same problem with Vista after an update a while back. This is the fix for vista.

Back