Where is CE2 ?

Cryengine isn't essential to the platform, it just adds more lights and will not have any affect on the mechanics of anything but your own RL hardware. Since it comes with a price-tag and apparently a sh*tload of man-hours to convert it will not be bundled with extra loot.

Ironic also how MA applies the same psychology with their playerbase IRL as they do in virtual life. Hasn't "Earth" always promised reinforcements? Better loot? Backup? It's the ol' carrot-on-a-stick trick.

Not entirely true. You see the game will be successful by only game mechanics and balancing. Although using astonishing gfx will set the boundary lower for someone imagination. Making it more likely the player will stay because of the 'trip' in the surroundings.

So the playerbase grows because people have something 'todo' also with the new planets they might find away to do when you are low on peds.
With the player base growing the average deposit size will drop making EU less valuable however the player base will grow making the company worth much more. And much more interesting for investors, developers and marketeers.

With that in mind there are less empty servers so for a social aspect the depositors will get enjoyed more.
And all non depositors are potential depositors.

Fixed formulae.. ;-)

Actually, after some #numbers% crunchin',
it's seems a bit more complex, my dear ;-)
aw = average number of whining threads on EF (constant)
Nay.. it's % of players, who switched to that another game :ahh:

Also, some things missin' badly:
ef = Egg Factor (type/value is known only by MA & ND)
ep = Enabled Planets (n/32, atm ~ 0.03; tends to grow)
ec - Economical Crysis (atm = downward going variable)

Please update & complete your algorithms, my dear.. :coffee:

So it's been almost 2 years since MindArk announced the implementation of CE2 into entropia. At that time CE2 had already been out for quite some time and everyone knew that CryTech was working on the CE3. Well, now CE3 is soon to be released, and MindArk has STILL NOT managed to release an implementation of CE2 into entropia. 2 years ago when it first was announced, an implementation of CE2 would have been awesome. Today every other crap game on the market has CE2, and it’s far from the latest hype. Nobody even talk about CE2 anymore, it’s all just talk about the CE3 release in Q4 THIS YEAR. So MindArk, enough with the “Teaser screenshots”, what’s up? Getting somewhere? Or should we wait for CE4? Almost nothing new in Entropia for 2 years now, except for some hairstyles and boob jobs. Really now…

"Any other crap" game is not the same as a Universe where you can get your own planet.

I understand everyone's frustration at waiting... I feel it too (just a little). But to be honest, there are fundamental problems within the platform that should be addressed. There are bugs that simply will not go away that we now have grown accustomed to. It is the "It was like that when I got here" thought process.

I fear that once CE2 does deploy, there will be an unprecendented amount of players online to check it out. Because of that, lag will be horrible. Not because of CE2, but because as we all have experienced we cannot have 200+ avatars in one place. People will chalk it up to piss-poor same-old, same-old and leave for good. If you think the market is crashing now... just wait.

CE2 means a lot more than just eye-candy. If this deployment fails and Planet Calypso is deserted, there goes any chance for future planets and growth of EU. There will simply be no product to sell (the platform). Sure, some will stay and tough it out. But I think many will haul ass and take their PED with them (and items will just stay in inventory since no one will risk buying them).

I upgraded my rig over a year ago for CE2... now I am wondering how much of my rig is obsolete from waiting. Will MA give us a warning...? How many will just stop cold because they cannot run CE2?

I enjoy EU and I would like to see it succeed (me and the missus have discussed investing for an LA, etc) but not until we see what happens next. There is just so much more at stake than simply what an Atrox will look like...

I hope I am wrong.

I remember word of vehicles.....

I fear that once CE2 does deploy, there will be an unprecendented amount of players online to check it out. Because of that, lag will be horrible. Not because of CE2, but because as we all have experienced we cannot have 200+ avatars in one place. People will chalk it up to piss-poor same-old, same-old and leave for good. If you think the market is crashing now... just wait.

I upgraded my rig over a year ago for CE2... now I am wondering how much of my rig is obsolete from waiting. Will MA give us a warning...? How many will just stop cold because they cannot run CE2?

These thoughts have crossed my mind and I hope I am wrong too.

"People will chalk it up to piss-poor same-old, same-old and leave for good."

I have been in EU extensively now for 2 years. I have seen many come and go for various reasons.

I think most who are loyal to EU will understand this to some extent because the actual main core player base is quite small considering the amount of actual registered players in EU.

Hey see the threads on dead top societies etc., and relate that back to how many same players u see over and over again in the variuos hotspots on EU.

Those who rush in for a stickbeak then leave are going to leave anyway.

"How many will just stop cold because they cannot run CE2?"

Quite a few have expressed this opinion that they may not be able to play if their current rig cannot run CE2, and they cannot afford to upgrade.

I am hoping MA has given this a lot of though in extent of the upgrade tho this may be governed by how much resources the actual new process uses.

With a bit of careful organisation (fine tuning etc) of their current equipment I think a lot of people will be surprised how much they can actually do with some lower end stuff. A little tweak and some minor upgrades go a long way

Jung

Ofc the waiting is a bit frustraiting, a LOT of ppl wanna play with CE2.
It has been a long waiting, wonder why? They want to to lose a lot of
players, or they are just lazy, or could it even be so that it takes some
time to convert excisting code to fit in CE2? Sometimes MA/FPC scares me
with their logic, but some few in community scares me even more! :D;)

About CE3, isn't that a upgrade to handle consoles better but also to
handle MMOGs better? Think I had a newsmail once that mentioned something
about this.

It's good they get a new engine that can handle stuff better than
excisting, and even do things that is impossible today.
Imo, and obviously MAs too, this is better: Old engine --> New engine
-->Upgrades and rebuild in basics --> Updates and upgrades in features
--> New features.

E-lite, why dont you ask your friend that has connections at MA?;) And write us and youself an answer to your question...:laugh: I remember you posted last year or maybe the year before, that you know about some stuff that are going to be implemented in eu/pe and that you dont like one bit whats about to happen...

And yes I agree... waiting is tough... but It suits me atm. I spend way less € than I used to in eu/pe. But then again I play less than I used to...fpc/eu that is.

Happy waiting everyone!
Robo:smoke:

frankly i am getting sick of their lies
Sorry FPC but you are a bunch of liars.
CE2 should've been here already.

woot! another CE2 thread to increase my post count.

+1

no really guys its creating a new game completely on a brand new platform it takes time just be patient for fucks sake and stop making new threads for the same damn thing.

Who cares about CE2

Give us back:

1) Old polygonated graphics WITH FACE MIMICS
2) Old mining system
3) Old every mob loots system

I couldnt care less about CE2 or anything of the kind. If they are uncapable of developing new things in the game, lets atleast revert to the systems that were OK in the beginning then they changed them to be all gambling.

All CE2 is going to bring me is inabillity to play the game because I have poor graphics. OK you say its 200$ and I have a new card - I say - I dont need the card because I dont play FPS / any game that uses CE2 so its only 200$ more to play EU...

I.

i have that notion that it will get bigtime beyond our wildest dreams. It will bend many heads and we will be the ones that came first! We did a mighty and often courageous step into the unknown and we found land. Even though threatened from many sides our ecomony seems to be quite stable. In closer future our opportunities for business, gaming and gambling will raise by factor 6, we will get 5 more planets. In far future this might get factor 32. We have the advancement that we know what RCE really means, the good and especially the bad times have forged our behaviour to a certain degree and since we have paid for many mistakes, we wont do them again. Our knowledge will be gold worth + we already have assets.

What version of CE that MA chooses to use is of less importance
But I really hope Marco and his developers have seen this sequnce of Avatar Creation:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUCllOtPHq4[/YOUTUBE]
Thats how it should be!

Who cares about CE2
All CE2 is going to bring me is inabillity to play the game because I have poor graphics. OK you say its 200$ and I have a new card - I say - I dont need the card because I dont play FPS / any game that uses CE2 so its only 200$ more to play EU...

Seems to me CE2 is an elegant way 2 get rid of some non-depositors.

If you can`t afford 200$ PC upgrade, I doubt you can afford to deposit and thus indirectly put money into game development. :)

If you can`t afford 200$ PC upgrade, I doubt you can afford to deposit and thus indirectly put money into game development. :)

I upgraded my PC last year in expectation of CE2.

Can't get rid of me that easily ;)

Today every other crap game on the market has CE2, and it’s far from the latest hype. Nobody even talk about CE2 anymore, it’s all just talk about the CE3 release in Q4 THIS YEAR.

First there arn't that many games using CE2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryEngine_2#Games_using_the_CryEngine2) and there arn't any MMOGs using it yet (completed ones anyway... even Blue Mars delayed their beta).

Second people are still talking about it. Crysis is still the game that people ask about whenever anyone talks about new hardware and graphics. "Does it run Crysis smoothly on max settings?" is always the question.

Third if you are expecting something amazing from CE3 don't. It's effectively just the engine being optimised for use on the PS3. Crytek like many games companies want to be in the console market ;)

Wistrel

But I really hope Marco and his developers have seen this sequnce of Avatar Creation:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUCllOtPHq4[/YOUTUBE]
Thats how it should be!

Problem with those sort of games for example another being Rappelz, is that there isn't a massive amount of diversity. Everyone is a variation on a theme and its impossible to look ugly really. Apparently this is typical of stuff aimed at/derived from the East Asian market. Something to do with not giving those with artistic talent an advantage over those who can't design a good avatar for toffee. I miss the days when a well made avatar was a rare thing in Entropia and lots of people had deliberately comedy appearances too..... (sigh)

Wistrel

CE3 is going to be a major upgrade. There's already a CE2 console port, the CE3 will also have a console port, but it's not ONLY a console port. Go youtube some CE3 demo video's, they're awesome.

Theres already a CE2 console port? :laugh::laugh::laugh: I better ring my friend who's busy working on it and tell him not to go to work tomorrow then! ;)

Also as far as I'm aware there's only the GDC 09 video which I wouldn't take too seriously either if I were you ,-)

Wistrel

[YOUTUBE]zUCllOtPHq4[/YOUTUBE]
Thats how it should be!

I've used it, and, while it's good, it's not amazing.

The only feature that we havent really got there is the option to change our voice. Of which you can only pick presets.

frankly i am getting sick of their lies
Sorry FPC but you are a bunch of liars.
CE2 should've been here already.

Okay, Cryengine is a demanding and complex platform to program on, right? And Entropia is quite big right? They're basically having to redo the game from scratch. 2-3 years to develop CE2 sounds about right to me.

I'd like to see you programme Entropia on the CE2 platform, and do it any faster, lol.

WORD :laugh:

Q: Where is CE2?
A: In my Bunghole!

MA is just waiting for me to crap out the code.

Dude, Im a working man, a programmer... my comp needs:

- GC to support 1600 x 1200 res
- 8 Gig ram to run 20 firefoxes in search of documentation + 2 eclipse workspaces along with several outside debuggers, servers and such without HDD going nuts with spinning
- several gig hard drive to store some code and dev tools

Plus: I DONT LIKE FPS GAMES and yet only fps use CE mostly. I dont jerk off to graphics. Besides telling myself I need to invest 200$ into something that will solely be used on ONE game is rediculous.

It IS elegant way to get rid of a lot of ppl, period. Dont forget - this game aint plaid by pimplefreckled teenagers who milk their parents for new computers everytime new game comes out. Im sure many ppl will agree with me to atleast some extent.

Bottom line: I can afford it, but ill probably pass.

I.

P.S.

Sofar RAM helped. Now if my GC will not be able to render 10 point lighting reatime and therefore screwing up my gameplay itll be adios ppl, till the time my comp dies and I aquire new one :D

RCE concept isn't unique anymore..? o_O

CE2 Wikipedia entry updated; it seems, we have another player in the market
quite like that another sex-obsessed game, but already with vehicles roaring.

Micro-transactions, pay to play concepts, trial to buy & subscription services
models plus custom clothing, appearances, items, furniture, behaviors, and
animations from 3rd party developers, sharded servers gameplay (10k players

concurrent on each server) + earning virtual currency by acting as employees
of world’s fictional corporations is also said to be implemented. Interesting stuff.
+ another elfs/goblins game shows signs of converting 2 micro-transactions :coffee:

Dude, Im a working man, a programmer... my comp needs:

- GC to support 1600 x 1200 res
- 8 Gig ram to run 20 firefoxes in search of documentation + 2 eclipse workspaces along with several outside debuggers, servers and such without HDD going nuts with spinning
- several gig hard drive to store some code and dev tools

so why do you think you'll need to upgrade that PC?

well,
its not survival of the strongest, but to the most adaptable.
Since he wishes not to adapt it looks clear to me EU isn't the game for him. Where EU states to be dynamic he states to be static.
If you want to play, you pay..
he doesn't so nothing lost right, I think we might loose a few.. but then agan w win more

Upgrade just to upgrade. My old PC was fine for CE2 but then I went out and spent 6.5k USD to build a fresh machine and convinced myself I was building it to get a good graphical experience out of EU, which justified the 6.5k in the first place. Then after my wife found out she took my CC and and put my testicals in her purse :(

HEY LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE! I got to keep my PC :D

Back