Where will sweat prices go?

Where do you think the price will go?

• Total voters
Society
Freelancer
Jeff Jeffenburg Heisenburg
When I started playing EU the sweat prices was 1.2. But nowadays I'v seen the sweat price go ass low as .9. After the whole gas price problem I'm curious to see where the price of sweat will be in the future. Where do you think it go go?

Its been going down as long as I've played. I guess there are more people sweating than people who actually want the stuff. Unless that changes the price trend won't.

It has to go down..
The price of Nexus and Mind essence are currently to low to support the current price of sweat.

It will go up and down. :wise: :silly2:

It depends on how many people are depositing and using mindforce. When the lag and bugs were really bad people stopped doing those things as much and sweated WAY more than usual. So sweat prices are low. It will take a while for people to move all the currently back-logged sweat. Then I think prices will go back to about 1.1 or so. The next change (up or down) is totally dependant on what happens in the world. If more people start looting chips perhaps they will take it as an opportunity to start using MindForce and the demand for ME will go up...

Sweat sold for 1.7 when I started back in Nov 05. I have heard it went for 3.0+ even further back.

I think mindforce will have to be improved for sweat prices to start going back up. But then again, there is no more skill cap either.

the low price *as in below 1pec* is due to people insisting that it isnt worth any more
there is plenty ability for anyone to go sweat. but noobs are being told by resident conartists that its not worth as much anymore or w/e.

if all these noobs at atlantis didnt think they could only get .9 or whatever and they would hold out, they would get the money they deserve. sweat is worth everybit of 1.1 i have even gotten 1.4 in the past. I was never an avid sweater but i still always got my money's worth. and others should to. less than 1 pec is unnacceptable. It does still take time and skills to sweat effeciently. the same as hunting well and gettng your hides and selling the fruits of you loots.

people dont think or realiize that they can simply insist on more or not sell.
I dont sell my stuff under what i think its worth. no matter what some asshole tells me. wether 100 or 1k sweat should not go for less than 1 pec.
and i feel that if i have an "insignificant amount" *as i have been told before* no matter what....its still the same shit. granted you may feel like its a waste of your time, but you have already wasted time chatting with me and trying to cheat me out of my goods at a fair price. simply tell the conartists and resellers to piss off.

*reseller is a term used to describe those who lie, scam and con and manipulate the market with no real player based market trend to support the changes.

Viper81883 said:
the low price *as in below 1pec* is due to people insisting that it isnt worth any more...

... It does still take time and skills to sweat effeciently. the same as hunting well and gettng your hides and selling the fruits of you loots...

people dont think or realiize that they can simply insist on more or not sell.
simply tell the conartists and resellers to piss off.

I sweat for a living, and I have to agree with Viper.

I cannot tell you how annoying it is to see people gathering sweat and then selling it on to the first low-end parasite they see who wants to score big on on-selling Mind-Essence and doesn't even mine their own FN. So what if ME is in low demand right now, and the miner's won't sell you their FN cheaper either. So what if you can't make a profit unless you get the sweat for a pittance. To everyone else in the world that would be a clear sign you're in the wrong business for the moment.

But for some crazy reason very few starter folk seem interested in actually reading up to see what things are really worth. Even fewer seem interested in finding a steady Mind-Force user and negotiating a steady price for a steady supply with them.

And so they feed the folks whose only ambition in life appears to be to make my time and effort worthless. I support "minimum wages" in Entropia - and to all those other starter-sweaters out there, please consider making your minimum wage 1.1 per bottle. Even that I would say is a little lower than you should be aiming for... 1.15-1.25 is what you should be trying to negotiate for I think, and if you can find someone to regularly buy your sweat at a higher price than that, treat them like a Gold-Class customer.

Stop selling out low to the middle men! :)

The price is dictated by the noobs. Noone wants to spend time sweating and noone really mines paying upto 1.5 for it.

When I was sweating I tried to teach people these basic tenants but its hard for people to listen. I have seen the market move up and down between 1-2.5 in the time I have been playing.

ill say 1.1 is fair :)

but also remeber, like some have said, ATM alot of people are not happy beacuse of "Technical issues" so they do something free like sweating. Since the cap has been removed quite a few times i happen to find FN and got the sweat my self to make ME, after all sweating does build skills. i am a regular MF user. If sweat is cheap it just because of surrounding circumstances.

Sell it for what you think its worth and you will have a good idea at what price moves it faster. To some .9 is worth it if they arent standing in PA for hours. Others will take that time to sell higher, it just depends on your patience and play style.
Just my 2 pecs

sweaters are gonna have to work for a living, they dont actually pay to play so whats the loss if prices go down? if you all start depositing for a month, actually realise how fun this game is if you put ten usd in, then maybe the price for sweat will go up because nobody is sweating.

of course there would be no way to oraganize a sweat protest, because the average sweater is soo ped hungry they would screw each other over in a heartbeat.

lol sorry guys, i dont sweat so i gotta pay for it, i like that its down :D

gl to all

how about the tailors all go hunting themselves and say F**k you and all the hides you loot to sell, because they loot it all for themselves now.

then all your hunting doesnt break even.

sweaters provide a service. this is mainly about the fact that others con noob sweaters out of the money they deserve.

if you dont want to sweat....pay the service charge. thats how things work. negative comments about it are lame. you would insist on a fair price for your loot items too

edit-BTW i spend well over 10USD a day on here so the 10 a week or month or w/e is laughable

Viper81883 said:
how about the tailors all go hunting themselves and say F**k you and all the hides you loot to sell, because they loot it all for themselves now.

then all your hunting doesnt break even.

sweaters provide a service. this is mainly about the fact that others con noob sweaters out of the money they deserve.

if you dont want to sweat....pay the service charge. thats how things work. negative comments about it are lame. you would insist on a fair price for your loot items too

edit-BTW i spend well over 10USD a day on here so the 10 a week or month or w/e is laughable

for people who dont deposit i think 10 usd would be a good starting deposit.

and hunting is hard to come close to breaking even unless you use an apollo.. or deposit 10K into the game so MA forks you an ATH.

now i sell what i want for the price i want, if its too low i do the "smart" thing and put it in storage and wait for the prices to go back up.

and if you are a sweater try showing a little backbone and tell them 1.2 or no deal, and if they say fine "no deal" let it go and wait till you get your fair price, its not hard to take a second and think about the situation.

that is fine. and that is what i am pushing to all the noob sweaters.

but dont come on here and say "haha, i like it low, leave it that way"
your tone was completely opposite of most of the sentiment here and it could have been more tactful than coming here and insinuating that others do not do things the "smart" way.

and i actually recommend 20 peds for a beginners deposit.
buys fap5(field heal), fap10(battle heal), opalo, goblin, a103, ammo, and repairs.
could even go as far as shogun but must raise evade at least some by sweating. only free thing that kills time, build skills, and you can profit from it with no initial investment

Jeffenburg said:
When I started playing EU the sweat prices was 1.2. But nowadays I'v seen the sweat price go ass low as .9. After the whole gas price problem I'm curious to see where the price of sweat will be in the future. Where do you think it go go?
When I started EU they were 2 pec each... at one point or another you could get 4.5 for quantities of 1k or more... you need nearly 5 times as much sweat now... sweat goes up TONS around 3 monthes before LG up to LG because those pros need that last bit of skill to wormhole their whole society to the LGs

edit :confused: hmmm how can their be an argument about such a little thing... personally I WANT prices to go down because it makes ME go down 1 ped in my pocket!

It was around 1.2, then MA removed the sweat cap, so naturally it has gone down.

And price is dictated by supply and demand.

Viper81883 said:
but dont come on here and say "haha, i like it low, leave it that way"
your tone was completely opposite of most of the sentiment here and it could have been more tactful than coming here and insinuating that others do not do things the "smart" way.

i hate to break it to ya but the is the internet, i am allowed to express my opinions even though it might tick you off.

my impression of sweating is for players to have somthing help them get through the begining stages, not live off of it.

and so what if i like it lower? i pay to play and even though loots getting worse the price of sweat went down making it easier to skill and get around.

being a bit more tactful and not nyah nyah will get you alot farther in life and more respected.

that was my point.
and the common misconception is that the price has come down since the sweat cap was lifted......i know plenty of people that didnt sweat before...and dont now.
I know plenty that couldnt give a crap that it was lifted. they reached the cap and chose a new profession

that is the excuse the resellers give. the cap is gone so now you have to sell it to me cheap so that i can make 1/10th of a pec on the bottle......
its all very superficial and rediculous

When I started playing it would take a whole night playing for 100 to 200 bottles, I could sell them for 2 pecs per bottle. I can get that amount of sweat now in less than an hour. That also causes prices to drop.

No matter what you guys won't be able to predict the sweat price. It is going to go up and down as part of MA's plan for the virtual universe. It is just a variable that MA controls to do whatever they want.

In the time I've been here it started high then went down, and when noone thought it would ever go up, it spiked up then it went back down.

Sweat is now a kinda luxury item.
If someone does not like to pay the price of hiring someone to sweat for them they can sweat themselves.
Just if someone doesnt want to clean their house, cook or mow the lawn they can hire someone to do it.
If your unable or unwilling to hire someone then your stuck doing it yourself.
same goes for sweatig so the price will always be based on how much people are willing to pay to not have to do it themself.

Well sweat basically is unlimited for free for everyone now since the cap was removed. I used to buy it of people before, but I am a low consumer of it. I use only 1000-2000 a month, so now days I can just hang around chating an hour and get it myself. And also get some free concentration skill. My guess is that it will continue to go down in price. Unlimited and easy to get will not make it go up again.

Back