Which creatures are dropping a lot of leathers ?

Society
Universal Brotherhood
Sarah Zap Charlton
I've been wondering if the drop-rate of the skins was somehow connected to if anyone has managed to unlock those textures in the material designer profession or not. Immortal has had the same theory, and I would like to see if we can confirm or deny this theory in this thread.

Here it goes. What sort of drop-rate do you have from these creatures? Are there any other creature out there with a high drop-rate of skins as well?

(Please note, I'm looking for skins such as Turp Skin, Plumtergus Skin, Snablesnot Skin, Sabakuma Skin, etc. Not Fine Hides.

Plumatergus
1.jpg

Snablesnot
5.jpg

Sabakuma
6.jpg

Combibo
2.jpg

Cornundos
Empty_216063.jpg

Exarosaur
2.jpg

Caudatergus
Empty_216063.jpg

Snarksnot
Empty_216063.jpg

Gradivore (Big ones)
5.jpg

Cornundacauda
Empty_216063.jpg

Prancer
4.jpg

Faucervix
Empty_216063.jpg

Daikaba
2.jpg

Berycled
4.jpg

Allophyl
Empty_216063.jpg

Tripudion
Empty_216063.jpg

Foul
5.jpg

Mermoth
6.jpg

Argonaut (Almost maxed)
3.jpg

Longu (Not yet maxed)
1.jpg

It would be very good to know if this was how it worked. Please help us out if you have hunted any of those creatures.

Last edited:
mermoth for sure, the few times i hunted them i got 9-10 skins in 1 loot.
the others i really don`t know..not that much hunting anymore since the textures arrived, but from my storage berycled, argo looks to drop regular

Sabakuma drops like hell
Pluma drops like zero (at least for me, havent got a single Skin yet and killed like 10 000)

Thanks for the information, keep me updated. +Rep.

Longus doesnt drop much I have about 10 skins in storage from many hours of hunting them

Gradivore seem to be dropping a bit.. I got 6 skins on one run through helping on a TP run..
Snables seem to have slowed on the amount they were dropping a few months ago..
A mate also said he has been getting a lot of saba skins while out and about..
Hope this helps some :cool:

big plumas give pretty "often" skins to me atleast.. sometimes when mining in cnd killing some plumas and getting skins pretty common... small plumas doesnt give skins to me at all

Allo skins drop less that they used to. But hey, they drop.

I would draw the drop bar somewhere @ 35% :)

I am maybe lvl 6-7 in this prof but in my stor i have

Phasm common
Chomper v rare
Longu rare
trip common
Fugu Dont really hunt em so dun know :)
Exo v rare
Combi rare
Argo rare
Diakiba rare
Bery
Snable common
Foul
Gravi common
Ambu
Atrox Common
Atrax
Armax Common

of the rest i dont really know just a small indication this by head and I might be a bit off in the rare common thing

Most of these mobs I dont hunt regulary often just come about while hunting bigger mobs.

Only the chompers are really really stingy with skin dropping for me

In a 500 ped run on ambulimax i looted a grand total of *drumroll* 1 ambu skin. :rolleyes:

Big Gradis drop loads of skins. I got about 10 PED of them in a 50 ammo hunt.
Mourners were also quite prolific during the WoF qualifiers.
I get quite a few skins from Snable, altohugh I don't hunt them as much these days.

(my material designer skill is non-existant)

IMO I would higher the mermoth a bit. sabakumas are dropping like crazy. never looted any skin from argo seems a bit high. High maturity tripuds looted "some" - say every 10th single skin.

Are there any other creature out there with a high drop-rate of skins as well?

tezlapods. like every 5th gives skin and usuly more than one.

Atraxes go on runs of them... sometimes I come back from a 10K hunt with 3-4, other times with none. They're not rare, though.

Ditto for Snarksnots.

Last edited:
Atraxes go on runs of them... sometimes I come back from a 10K ped hunt with 3-4, other times with none. They're not rare, though.

Ditto for Snarksnots.

wich means the droprate is way to low..3-4 hides in about 20k ammo..you really don`t want to know how many to shoot to get your clothes textured
30-40 in a run would be a more normal droprate

Last edited:
Atraxes go on runs of them... sometimes I come back from a 10K ped hunt with 3-4, other times with none. They're not rare, though.

Ditto for Snarksnots.
10k ammo or 10k peds ammo?? It´s a big difference. :)

skins in loot

I know when im on CND hunting Prancer
I loot skins constantly problly every 3 kill is a skin

My storage seems to have alot of Foul and Mourner skins..

Fouls seems to drop one skin fairly regularly.. 1 in 3 kills maybe...

The Mouners wait and wait and then drop a load... got 12 skins in one loot from one of the weirdos...

And if it helps, I haven't unlocked either of those textures... yet..

Faucevix's seem to drop them quite often too,

Mainly from Alpha's and above. Not too sure about the younger maturities.

Tripudion's I should make a mention too as well, they drop them on occassion from even the young - old maturities.

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
10k ammo or 10k peds ammo?? It´s a big difference. :)

even an edit within 1 minute is to short :p

Last edited by Kamikaas : Today at 14:51. Reason: ped=ammo ;)

strange, my edit was 2 mins before your post :p

was on cnd last week and did a run on prancer / plumatergus (both about 50% of the kills)

after 10k ammo i looted 1 pluma skin and about 11 prancer skins. So pluma and prancer both are dropping less then in the stats

also B.u.m.p :D

Snarksnot Update

I have been hunting Snarksnots extensively and I get an average of 3 skins on a 200ped run (1-5 total) - that's a lot of Snarks, not much skin. Never had more than one drop at time, either.

:beerchug:

Miles

I think there is some sort of rotation on what drops skins, like s selected mob for so long then it changes. I've hunt loads a stuff and only 1 of 6 Formidon Hunts i got 17 Skins back.

Snables drop like crazy and i'd say exo's are just as much.

I've done 4 Hunts on Ambu's of 375ped ammo per hunt and i only have 4Ambu Skin's.

You can hunt something for age's and then it just randomly drops Skins.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Over the past few months, I'd say that gradivore, mermoth, and nexnecis have been the leaders. They're dropping like crazy. You don't get skins every loot, but when you get them, it can be up to a dozen at a time.

Big berycleds, phasms, chompers seem to drop fairly well on a per/mob basis.

I killed a ton of argo leaders and only got a few skins. Same with longu and atrox.

I've also snagged a few oculus and Itumitrox skins, but they don't drop very often, and only 1 at a time.

Hope you can make sense of it. I can't.

I have been hunting Snarksnots extensively and I get an average of 3 skins on a 200ped run (1-5 total) - that's a lot of Snarks, not much skin. Never had more than one drop at time, either.

Miles

Until today (VU 9.3 day). I looted 3 skins from one Snark and I have never looted more than one from the many thousands I have killed. The 3 per run average has been holding up for a while now. So far it does not seem that they drop more frequently, but that they drop in multiples now.

Miles

I seem to get loads of skins from Tezlapods.

From 2x 300 ped ammo runs, got over 150 skins...

It seems like certain creatures had their drop-rate increased. How much are you looting now after the VU?

I heard Longu dropped 10x as much as before.

Just got back from a faucervix run, usualy i used to get 1-2 fauc skins per 50ped , now i got 20, and now they drop 2-3 skins at once.

For the past week or so I've been doing Tantillion runs and I'm averaging 1 Skin per 2 Smacker 3's.

A really bad drop-rate.

Last edited:
Back