Which longblade ....?

P-J

Prowler
Society
Aquarius
PJ
Having skilled up to level 43 Swordsman using axes and the K determination/ honours I know that I now need to move onto the L swords to gain SIB.

I also have the view that the critters I tend to hunt (Atrox) now absorb a lot more damage and cost more to kill... so its time to change my approach.

However, having tried a few L blades I am really put off by the high rate of decay and poor economy of the L blades and the very high cost of the 'normal' blades. I know which L blade fits my skill level, however, its performance just doesn't seem to justify the SIB.

Is my perception that these blades are so uneconomical well founded? I would appreciate any advice on how to move forward.

would like to know too

Hi P-J!
Being a LB lover (far from your level though), that's a good question to which I'd like to read some answer too! :yay:

Let's hope we get something from the community ;)

cya & GL :)

Lez. :wtg:

Good question and I join the list of those interested in the response.

I am usind determinations still, when I tired the LB for my skill level the cost of decay killed me far more than just using my trusty determinations.

if i may suggest that u could invest in a UL blade. Provided that u buy the sell the blade at the same price, u would be saving on MU during that period. The more u hunt, the more u save. The only problem would be the initial cost of the weapon. Its worth it if u are a dedicated blade user and make long term commitments in the game.

There will be risks with the investment but dont worry. If u decide to sell the blade at 2k peds less than u bought it for, just hunt alot and use the MU save to cover the lost in the investments.

if i may suggest that u could invest in a UL blade. Provided that u buy the sell the blade at the same price, u would be saving on MU during that period. The more u hunt, the more u save. The only problem would be the initial cost of the weapon. Its worth it if u are a dedicated blade user and make long term commitments in the game.

There will be risks with the investment but dont worry. If u decide to sell the blade at 2k peds less than u bought it for, just hunt alot and use the MU save to cover the lost in the investments.

Thanks for the advice Kyleen. I guess at the moment I am slightly nervous about investing large amounts of money in game.... (for a variety of reasons). If I was to invest what would you suggest buying?

Thanks for the advice Kyleen. I guess at the moment I am slightly nervous about investing large amounts of money in game.... (for a variety of reasons). If I was to invest what would you suggest buying?

yea i know, even i am nervous about investing large sums of money.
I am not familiar with long blades and the availability L blades. I am guessing you would be looking for a similar UL SIB blade with similar avg dps as the katsuichi det. Therefore, the Rutic Bett would seem like a nice choice.

Perhaps, it would be better for u to ask Immortal or Joker, both of them use long blades.

Reactions: P-J
How's your crafting? I'd consider either making them to hunt or doing a deal with a crafter who is skilling a BP rather than buying them with MU.

The occasoinal global or HOF can be a nice bonus with these high TT blades...and they aren't such high level BPs really. It's handy to be able to craft a blade with roughly the TT for a hunt, rather than be buying a 1k plus pedder in one go you can add the res to make them to fit your needs.

My L LBs seem to have shrunk BTW...wimped out badly since VU10. :laugh:

Betts are nice ...sounds like a good suggestion there.

t

Part of the problem with crafted (L) blades atm is cost. By this I mean residue cost.

(L) blades are high TT, to allow you to make them decent eco vs crafting costs. However, that also depends on res prices.

At the moment, Kesmek Bik (L) sells for about 112%, but the enmatter res needed to make them cost about 111%

In other words, there's no benefit to making these (and other blades) when the res costs just as much as the blades sell for.

No benefit = not enough crafters.

Level 43 is good.
Most people that skill LB have a lower level so you are getting to the point where you can use (L) weapons that most people can't, so the MU on them can be low.

Crafted LBs around your level often have a high markup because they use metal residue and expensive crafted components and the market for them is quite small.
However, looted LBs around your level often have low markup because of the small group of people that can use them.

Most (L) melee weapons are similar in eco:
~103%-105% is great
~107% is poor
110%+ is bad

Now you can use the Genesis Dragons Breath (L) although the markup on those can be a little high as the SIB starts at level 34.
You are in the SIB period for the Genesis Sulfury (L) which can have a little lower markup but the SIB only starts at level 42. Probably best to wait another couple of levels until you use that one.

If you want to buy an unlimited SIB LB your choices are limited.
Kilik Vass is a good option but it does less DPS than a Determination, anything bigger starts to have high markup.

good post. it's difficult to figure out what to do with LBs I think. I'm level 21 and can't find any L weapons that make sense.. I've been using an honor for quite a while. just wish it lasted longer.

We need melee amps as promised!

Part of the problem with crafted (L) blades atm is cost. By this I mean residue cost.

(L) blades are high TT, to allow you to make them decent eco vs crafting costs. However, that also depends on res prices.

At the moment, Kesmek Bik (L) sells for about 112%, but the enmatter res needed to make them cost about 111%

In other words, there's no benefit to making these (and other blades) when the res costs just as much as the blades sell for.

No benefit = not enough crafters.

There is one benefit ...globals and/or HOFs .
I craft (L) blades and these have been the one factor that made residue MU not such a big thing....and you can use energy res or metal anyway in some large (L) blades which means more chance of collecting and/or buying it cheaply.

You only need one crafter...and all the res and materials and he will likely want to increase his QR for free and share any HOFs. etc. ? Maybe he wouldn't do it for the same BP for himself but free skills, free BPQR and possible share of swirlies (with res0...most would wouldn't they?

t

BTW you'd be a total dick to craft a fill TT and high tt blade...1k or more peds can be 3 blades and 3 blades that people can afford and 3x the che swirly chances ;)

Hmmmm....

This a a treat i look a long time for on this Forum, and I am a old member ;)

I not count my Abillity to fight with a blade on the level table, but on my global skillpoints together with my sub-skills.

Regular i like to use EnBlades, cause from "EnB9" there is no amped weapon that can do a critical hit on a useful Amped midlevel.

I found out, that it is posible to compensate skillbonuses with an ballanced blade/MOB combination.

Regular i can skip a level with a 100 PED depostid, to go back IRL for a longer time.
The reason for this is, that i was verry adicted to Entropia Universe with a high value of InGame capitals. (It took my private live down)
So i only go online to skill with a acepted lost of 100% to reach a level in Longblades.

Since i already used the complete EnBlade series (Beside EnB 12 Mentor), i think everyone can go on what he likes, but first check the Weapon/NOB combination.

This way, you can deside "Skills VS Loot".

Most it´s like check the respawn and time you like to spend for your gole ;)

Aware:
It could be a 1000 PED per unique EnB 10, but youl get an orgasm when the lootwindow pop´s :wtg::confused::yay:

So...

On the end, I am awaiting the clue at the end of ths treat :scratch2:

Happy HoF to all who need :cool:

The SIB (cake?) is a lie than no one seems to pay a blind bit of attention to.

HOw many peds do you cycle a day? If you imagine that you just want to do the amount you are now/have been, then a lower blade like kilic kek unl or the rutic bett unl can be picked up very cheaply

Thank you for the advice

Thank you for the helpful advice- there are some great ideas here.

but in the end, have u decided on something? :)

I think I will try out a Rutic Bett (as you suggested) if I can get one at a decent price. I will also talk to some of my friends who craft.

I have looked and looked at all blades and found very few and I mean very few (1 I think it was) that even begin to compare with other weapons. I may have missed one but I don't think I missed many. I just can not justify the cost to return. You can get lucky, but you can do that doing anything.

I had reason to skill up in LB and using a determination (I am a much lower LVL than you) I burned up 50 ped in about 5 minutes on troxes. Sorry I just can't do it cost too much.

I do not understand MA thinking in making blades, mashers, etc. so much less eco that all the other weapons. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Before the nay sayers come in just check the stats on melee weapons against all others to see what I mean.
Peace,

If you are interested in economy do NOT use weapons which give you SIB. You pay for SIB. Better to use weapons which you have already maxed - they are more economical. However, if SIB is what you are after then you will have to put up with the poor economy.I haven't done the calculations but maybe it is cheaper to chip in the skills and then use the weapon which would have given you the skills?

Level 43 is good.

Now you can use the Genesis Dragons Breath (L) although the markup on those can be a little high as the SIB starts at level 34.
You are in the SIB period for the Genesis Sulfury (L) which can have a little lower markup but the SIB only starts at level 42. Probably best to wait another couple of levels until you use that one.

I got an unlimited Genesis Dragons Breath the other day. It's on auction with less than two days to go. Check it out...

Duck

Back