Which pistol to use ?

Hope WolfGang

Old Alpha
Hope WolfGang Mono
I have 600 HG skill and 8 Laser pistol ( hit )

i want to hunt argo to do the missions but not to fuzzed :p

what pistol should i buy?

and what should i hunt ?

i have 13 in rifle hit
and 11 in rifle damage if that is anything :) but i want to hunt with pistols as people say tht is better :)

or get handgun skill implant to boast my skill to over 2k then get somthing like a korss ?

Last edited:
For the Argo mission I'd suggest getting a Riker UL2+A103 for tagging and damaging until they come into HG range, then using whichever Breer pistol you get a decent Hit Ability for, and hopefully have SIB with. This would probably be the P2a(L). With an A102 amp on the pistol if you can afford it.

The reasons behind this are that you won't have so much work to do with the HG once it gets within range, and because the UL2 has a lovely range as a tagger, they're also nice and cheap (as is the A103). And using both HG and rifle/carbine means you'll gain skills in both disciplines, as well as the common ones - LWT, damage, etc. You'll also gain some defensive skills as the Argo will be at melee range for a short time - long enough to take a couple of swipes at you before it dies. TT fap and Pixie/Gnome/Kobold should be all that you'll need to deal with the spawn E of Twin.

If you use pistol only you'll get hit a lot more with the consequent armour and fap decay although you will skill up more rapidly in the pistol-specific skills. You're also much more likely to have more than one aggroing on you at any one time which means more defensive skillgains but more armour and fap decay too.

Hope this helps you with an informed choice :)

Once you maxed it ( should be soon ) p4a+A104

Once you maxed it ( should be soon ) p4a+A104

what she said... and if you dont have enough skills to use P4, try h380+A103

Head over to Atlas West and check out the museum. Virtually every (L) weapon in the game is there, arranged according to what lvl to use.
Just go to the Atlas Haven TP, and follow the road NW. The house after the second turret on the left is the museum. I placed a bunny right up near the road to serve as a landmark.

-fish

i used a Korrs H380(L) with and without an A103.
I often hunt at Twins and in both cases i could kill Argo Young/Scout.

Back