White ground

Moksha

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Moksha Mok Miller
Just installed the latest download and when I get into the game all the ground, hills etc are white. Cant change them at all no matter what settings or res I try. The graphics card is nvdia 8600. Never had problem before this!
Anybody else got same problem? And please don't say its been snowing!

My second PC with a 7600GT has aquired this problem since the 10.4 update.

Not been able to cure it myself despite a few reinstalls of the drivers, game and OS.

Idk what it is i have the same problem, i was going to make a thread but i was kinda thinking maybe ma meant to put in Snow? idk.

This bug has been reported in this post already :

EntropiaForum.com > Information > About Entropia Universe > Bug Reports > Bug Udapte 10.3.0.36270

And after two Vu-patching (Vu 10.4.0.36604, and this one), no solution yet :(
It's not a question of drivers of graphik card (Radeon 4350 Hd), mines have all upgrade done,
It's not a question of windows upgrade (Windows Vista family premium), done too,
And after a unstall-and re-instal the client, always same problem.

Maybe I can take it for the snow, but trees are yellow...
No good.

Waiting for... patiently :rolleyes:

When you say white, do you mean it is all white without any texture at all?
Or does it look like this:

After a VU a week or so ago this is how it looked for me, not entirely white but more like the grounds and hills textures had lost color, I still saw the dents and unevenness. At first I also thought MA had added some snow for the christmas spirit :laugh:

First I tried a reinstall (without touching the remaining files in the folder), but no effect. What solved it for me was when I deleted the folder after the uninstallation and then made an entirely new installation.

Reactions: P-J
I have texture and shading (under trees the ground is a shade of light blue)but all the ground and hills are white...Avitar ok, trees ok, inside buildings ok.

I have the same problem now.
Everything on V.High but the ground on TI seems white to me

Check this picture
my defenitions are better but the ground is messed ... :scratch2:

btw
who is getting this problem... what OS are u using ? win7?

Vista here, 64 bit things seem to be going fine

btw
who is getting this problem... what OS are u using ? win7?
I had it with Vista so the OS has nothing to do with it I suppose. It seems I simply got a corrupt .pak file with the installation. As I said, got solved after I uninstalled Entropia, deleted the folder, then made a new installation. Tried that? Note, it didn't help when I left the folder between uninstallation and installation.

Had this problem. Now I remember that I had some problems when installing and patching 10.3 Eu client. All because of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. So I uninstalled EU, deleted EU folder, disabled KIS 2010 and reinstalled EU. Now all is fine, the ground is not white anymore.

When you say white, do you mean it is all white without any texture at all?
Or does it look like this:

After a VU a week or so ago this is how it looked for me, not entirely white but more like the grounds and hills textures had lost color, I still saw the dents and unevenness. At first I also thought MA had added some snow for the christmas spirit :laugh:

First I tried a reinstall (without touching the remaining files in the folder), but no effect. What solved it for me was when I deleted the folder after the uninstallation and then made an entirely new installation.

I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM , I too had to delete the folder and then reinstall everything is fine now . it is vital to delete the folder before reinstalling if you have this bug .

I have the same issue - trying the solution now...

Yah Im getting it too with XP Pro

Maybe it's vidcard issue? Im running a Nvidia 8800GTS.

Will try reinstall in a bit to see if it fixes :)

like Una told me in PM,
I think its some kind of currupt files we had on the instalation from vu10.3 to vu10.4 and somehow the floor lost his pigment.
Reinstalling and removing all files from the instation directory and the reinstalling solved my issue :)
I hope it can make the same for you ;)

I fortunately had an installation of EU on another less powerful PC here, I noticed the ground was fine on it so I removed the Entropia folder in "Shared Items" folder and replaced it from the other PC, no difference (indicating that it's not that folder or its contents), then I did the same with the folder in Program Files (mine was 5Gb the other PC's was 4Gb) running it now and Twins finally has some lawn.

Will see if I can isolate the actual files that are different between the two Game Folders and post here. Might be able to come up with a fix that doesn't require a full reinstall :)

:thumbup:

Extra files found in Main Game Folder:

Folder: C:\Program Files\Entropia CE\data\client\territories\calypsosystem

Files Found: _vpDD.tmp (1.2GB) and dff_000236.dif (1k)

All other files seem to be correct size etc.

Will now try running again after deleting these two files.

*** OK here's what I found:

File (Terrain1.pak) wasn't updated correctly (date still showed 11/25/2009 as creation date) will replace and test.

****** OK replacing Terrain1.pak with a new version WILL solve this issue, If anyone has decent upload speeds that they can use to upload a zipped version of that file for people to download as it zips up to 843Mb and will take me TOOOOOO long to upload for you guys to get? It will fix the White Ground Issue.

Last edited:
Bumped - Reason - Fix above :)

SAme issue here - all white looks like a white screen when you use TP not textures nothing - very annoying as very bright

almost forgot - Vista 64 Nvidia 8400 ( i think)

Check the creation date on the file C:\Program Files\Entropia CE\data\client\territories\calypsosystem\Terrain1.pak

It seems that on mine it wasn't updated, so I replaced it with the same file from my other PC (which was fine landscape texture/colourwise) and it fixed the problem.

The zipped version of that file is like 845Mb and would take too long to upload from here so if anyone can make the file available for other entropians that would be great. Replacing the file would save a lot of uninstalling/reinstalling & patching.

I suspect it's an Intel updater issue, I've had similar issues with this & other games where patchers fail to remove files etc. I'm just glad I have a second PC here that's not Intel :laugh:

Back