Who chose the best bank site

db123189

Guardian
Who do you think has chosen the best site for there banks, there are four banks implanted so far and those places are New Oxford, Twin Peak, Argus and Port Atlantis.

Heres what i think
welll i know that

new oxford was chosen by anshe and its not a bad location, quiet and not crowd, good view and less lag.

port atlantis was chosen by neverdie and i think its the best location by far as everyone will see it and at the start not everyone will have other tps, its surely the best choice. Also normally people like noobs spend ages at there and most noobs think hey ive got luck so Neverdie might get a lot of small and big loans. Lag may be a problem from all the people visit the port

Twin Peak im not sure who chose this but its not a bad place as wealthier members go there most so it is too a really good location

Argus im not sure who chose this but i dont think they were right when they chose this because not everyone has argus untill a month or two into the game on average so its the worst choice out of the four

Heres how i put them in order:
1-Port atlantis
2-Twin Peaks
3-New Oxford
4-Argus

Last edited:
doesnt everyone get New Oxford TP when they start?

if so this would rank it number one in my eyes as less lag and is accesible for everyone noob to uber.

yes but less crowded, well you could argue this point, yes it might be consider good but not much people go there so port atlantis and twin peaks i think is better but then again if you think new oxford is best then its what you think so we all have our views

and when you say lag its really been fixed with this update so its not much of a problem

For me is :
1) twin
2) PA
3) Argus
4) Oxford but oxford is the most beautiful and you can see sea :)

Most people have all these TPs all ready. I doubt the noobs would be able to use banking services since they don't have anything worth pawning. The bank with the best rates will get the most business.

True Burnsey :)

I don't want to put ideas on someone's head but.....

What are the odds of a mob train being run into a bank? Will there be turrets in the ceilings? Hired guards, :laugh: rent-a-cops.

But I think New Oxford is by far the best choice:
No lag
Next to housing (Bilton Towers)
No mobs in reasonable range.

Worst?
None that I can think of. Each location has it's own 'personality'.

if the bank of New oxford works well, the lag will come too, no worry for that :yay:

yes thats true the busy banks will be rated best also by the owner of the bank and who special deals it offers like neverdies credit scheme

Argus im not sure who chose this but i dont think they were right when they chose this because not everyone has argus untill a month or two into the game on average so its the worst choice out of the four

I disagree, most 'committed' players will obtain the majority of the TP's in the first few weeks and if you're not 'into' the game enough to collect the TP's at an early stage you're sure as hell not going to be using a bank.

PA and Twin will be good locations almost soley down to how busy they are, but with all that foot traffic comes lag so it is compromise in certain respects.

New Oxford is a good location due to it being on everyones TP list.

Argus is a great location due to it being on the first page of the TP list and all the facilities available as soon as you step out of the TP, a shrewd location IMO.

The bank position won't figgure that much I think. Some noobs may use PA for fast money, but same about Twin.
The bank with the best numbers will rule them all. My thoghts is New oxford would be very good since lag there is non. PA and Twin are known laggers. And you usaly have time to visit New Oxford I guess when you are going to pant your items. Haha

But a question comes to my mind. I wonder if many people will use bank's services. I didn't understand really for the moment, what services offer these banks. If player needs money, the best way is to borrow to a friend or make a deposit. So I'm sure bankers will find nices ideas to suggest interests in our minds, I'm curious to see that.

well the chance of people using banks might change with the offers available and also the look of the bank could effect it as well. If I were chosing to go to a bank i would chose the best deal and who owns it then what the bank looks like so theres a lot of things that will influence your choice

If I were chosing to go to a bank i would chose the best deal and who owns it then what the bank looks like so theres a lot of things that will influence your choice

so really the location doesnt matter at all. its only any good for prestige and a degree of advertising. Its not an impulse thing, if you want a loan you're going to go round all the banks to find the best deal for you.

from what i understand... there are no loans in these banks. they are just glorified pawn shops. noobs cant use the banks because they have nothing of any real value to pawn to the 'bank teller'

I didn't understand really for the moment, what services offer these banks. If player needs money, the best way is to borrow to a friend or make a deposit.

well i think thats why banks were designed so you didnt lend money or items to a "friend" who then doesnt pay for what ever excuse they can think of.

That said if you have to borrow money to play a game then you cant afford to play and should leave.

well i think thats why banks were designed so you didnt lend money or items to a "friend" who then doesnt pay for what ever excuse they can think of.

That said if you have to borrow money to play a game then you cant afford to play and should leave.

Interesting. Does this mean that you can hire an item from the bank that another player has left as collateral? Or is it strictly a one-way deal?

Interesting. Does this mean that you can hire an item from the bank that another player has left as collateral? Or is it strictly a one-way deal?

Thats gonna be a license upgrade available in 9.1:rolleyes:

I would say New Oxford is one of the best as well. It is just too bad that we can not use banks to loan out items to other players. Like the bank writes up a contract and payment terms gives the other player the item your loaning out and if something goes wrong the bank takes it back.

to me the location doesn't matter... It's about the interest and the valuation of items if I would get a "loan". I don't think anybiody with items of value don't have all tp's on their list...

Back