Who claimed it?

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
Ok, so I was hunting some small Atrox. One dropped dead and it said "this loot is claimed by someone else." I thought what the heck?? I was blasting away and it was POSSIBLE I was shooting one that was injured already. This seemed really weird though, because Atrox regen so fast and no one was around, but who knows.. Ok so just a random occurance.

BUT Today I was hunting Cornun and I got the message again, "this loot is claimed by someone else." This is what told me this is a bug. This time I know for a fact I dealt 100% damage. I was also in the middle of NOWHERE. I don't know what else to say,

But please if anyone else experiences something like this, please post it here. Screenshots are pretty much useless unless you somehow make a movie. I hope this is the only times it happens.

What happens when you shoot a mob to very low hp, let it recover and then shoot it again to very low hp and let it recover. Then you come and shoot the mob in one time but you did less dmg then the first shooter.

Just guessing ...

I encounter this sometimes too.. Mobs that have 3/4 health while you are in the middle of nowhere and you know for certain nobody was around or had been in the last 30 minutes or so.

I guess those could be possible. Both mobs were at full health, so if it regened, it shouldn't matter anything that happened before. Also, you have to pay attention to the weird part, and that is how this happened two days in a row.

Only one way to avoid this message.

Dont hunt regen mobs. Sorry, but thats just how it is. If everyone had done that, then regen mobs wouldn't have spread throughout Entropia. Before anyone mentions it, Molisk were regen and I killed 16k of em but I wasnt happy about it.

Mobs do not regenerate if no avatar can see them on the radar (when the radar works properly).

So it doesn't matter that no-one has been in the area for ages. In fact that can make it more likely that you'll find an already-damaged mob.

Mobs do not regenerate if no avatar can see them on the radar (when the radar works properly).

So it doesn't matter that no-one has been in the area for ages. In fact that can make it more likely that you'll find an already-damaged mob.

I always wondered if a mob really regenerates if no one is around to see it.

I always wondered if a mob really regenerates if no one is around to see it.

According to Schrodinger's cat the answer is yes and no :D

If a mob is injured in the forest and nobody can hear it scream, will it regenerate? ;)

So mobs dont regen anymore if no one is around? Sounds fair if you die during an attack on a mob. But if the player decides not to return to the mob after death it makes for a nasty surprise for the next hunter.

Why not implement something like a ding or ping sound that plays whenever a player attacks a mob that has not got a full health bar?

Hmmm, nm lol.... already too late by then :D Unless you can also fap the mob to its full health and then take it out. Happend to me aswell in pvp4 :mad:

but OP said the Cornu had 100% health, so that cant be the problem.

IMHO, even if 1000 ppl shoot the mob before me until nearly dead a 100 times.. if it is FULLY REGENERATED when I start shooting it, the loot should be MINE!

This is how it should be:
for every mob always.. if 100% health when I start shooting --> my loot!

no matter what has happend before

Nothing to do with regeneration and stuff.
Happened to me several time ... full HP dragging merps in and some sometimes give this.

Another nice bug from MA

Bug

Are you sure about this Oleg? Because i had this problem several times and saw this different. For examples i was hunting big troxes in rig area and i was killed by one. I ended up to a revival and then i teleported to that area again and he was fully recovered. I have to mention that there was no one on radar. Just try this by your self again and you will see that the mob will recover even if there is no one near him(or on radar). And it has no logic to not recover if is no one there on radar. Im sure it's a new bug but in new updates i never had this problem. In this new vu i have the "This creature didn't carry any loot." problem :D

I agree, mobs do not regen when no-one is near. I wasn't aware of this and was surprised when I foudn out lately that it IS worth to jump back and continue killing... I thought, until I am back, they are full anyway, but they aren't.

Mobs do not seem to regenerate if no avatar is in radar range. This is the case since VU10.

Cheers
Siam

claim

I think this is a bug.I've had the same thing happen to me while hunting and even mining but I was still able to loot and extract.

This must be a bug.

Expected behaviour would be that the damage done on the mob from someone else will be reset when health is back to 100%.

Anyone up for a test?
(Shoot it to 10%, let it regenerate to full, shoot it down to 10% health again, letting it regen to full a second time, then someone else kills it)

It's a bug that happens... first time I saw it was at the MMOWC in Vegas. Only one person in the dome for sure..... got the message.

It reminds me of a WoF round. We were hunting Phasms and a team mate died and revived and lost the mob. About 30 minutes later i encounter a Phasm and kill it. To my surprise and also that of my team mate we both get loot. It seems that there is no reset on a mob. The person who has done most damage is the owner. Remember that some people use less DPS weapons then others so regen will cause some people to have done more total HP damaged then others. If you encounter such a mob even at full HP one would not be able to claim it if you did less HP damage then someone else already did.

Cheers
Siam

Lets try what wizzszz mentioned.
I am sure the one who shoot it down to 10% two times get the loot.

@Casay:
Have you seen the mob spawning? If not then it could be that the one who did the most damage was there some hours/days earlier

Last edited:
Are you sure about this Oleg? Because i had this problem several times and saw this different. For examples i was hunting big troxes in rig area and i was killed by one. I ended up to a revival and then i teleported to that area again and he was fully recovered. I have to mention that there was no one on radar. Just try this by your self again and you will see that the mob will recover even if there is no one near him(or on radar). And it has no logic to not recover if is no one there on radar. Im sure it's a new bug but in new updates i never had this problem. In this new vu i have the "This creature didn't carry any loot." problem :D

This only happens if the server that you are hunting in goes into stand bye mode when there are no avatars in the area. Very likely some do not and the mob will regenerate then.

Lets try what wizzszz mentioned.
I am sure the one who shoot it down to 10% two times get the loot.

@Casay:
Have you seen the mob spawning? If not then it could be that the one who did the most damage was there some hours/days earlier

Well, as fast as the creatures were being killed in there.... it was during the 3rd round.... so..... would think was a respawn since everything was dead many times over...

Back