Who Let the (Zombie) Dogs Out!?!

The separate Strongbox Keys are now available in the Webshop, and can be used to open the Halloween boxes.

Mindark want us to pay, to open loot....wow!!!!

Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,

I was reading local chat in game, thought it was some kind of April fool joke in October.

Anyone buying into this, are setting a dangerous new precedence.

Seriously.....I'm stunned.

Rick

Mindark want us to pay, to open loot....wow!!!!

Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,Haha,haha,haha,

I was reading local chat in game, thought it was some kind of April fool joke in October.

Anyone buying into this, are setting a dangerous new precedence.

Seriously.....I'm stunned.

Rick

whats the difference? you get some extra loot that has no tt value so no impact on your tt return but at least some MU and people who wanne gamble on boxes a bit need to loot em themselves or buy tem which creates MU. you think its better to buy both in the webshop? maybe remove EU altogether and make it webshop only? that better?

whats the difference? you get some extra loot that has no tt value so no impact on your tt return but at least some MU and people who wanne gamble on boxes a bit need to loot em themselves or buy tem which creates MU. you think its better to buy both in the webshop? maybe remove EU altogether and make it webshop only? that better?

I think you miss the point entirely.

A player gets loot return for ped they spent, that they can't open themselves unless they pay 'more' to do so. Or to put it another way, the player can't personally enjoy their looted box unless they pay more.

Sure they have an option to sell it, but ultimately someone has to pay to open them.

If the box was looted with a key, that would be much more acceptable.

Besides just because the box might have zero tt, doesn't mean you should automatically assume MA set a zero value of that item against return. (not that personal loot exists anyway...smiles).

But this whole situation, just sets in motion a precedence to spread to other items, "re-setting your expectations". Activation costs of looted items such as weapons, coming soon I guess. Don't say I didn't warn you.

So you go ahead and accept that. I think it's despicable and immoral myself.

Rick

Last edited:

A player gets loot return for ped they spent, that they can't open themselves unless they pay 'more' to do so. Or to put it another way, the player can't personally enjoy their looted box unless they pay more.

Sure they have an option to sell it, but ultimately someone has to pay to open them.

Besides just because the box might have zero tt, doesn't mean you should automatically assume MA set a zero value of that item against return. (not that personal loot exists anyway...smiles).

But this whole situation, just sets in motion a precedence to spread to other items, "re-setting your expectations". Activation costs of looted items such as weapons, coming soon I guess. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Rick

i think you miss the point entirely dude...
before everyone was byuing those boxes in the webshop together with the key. now they just split it up, which offers opportunity for some hunters, to make a few peds extra. where is this a bad thing? yes you loot it but why is this a problem? you are against extra peds for free? and MA calculates on TT basis alone and doesnt factor in MU, they stated this already. and as the item has less than 1 pec tt value it doesnt affect your tt return in any way.
sorry but what you are talking is bullshit... once again. or should i say like always?
this is nothing different than receiving low TT high MU items that you cant use yourself because of missing skills or whatever, and those that do have the skills to use those materials usually do buy keys for boxes as well. so nothing changed apart from free MU for hunter.

Rick

Too much of "the sky is falling" mentality lately. Above and beyond anything else MindArk is a business, they are here to make money.

If you put a little bit of thought into it you'd have made several thousand PED's off of this in 2 days like I have, with very little effort I might add.

-It's good for MA and keeping them in sustainable profit
-It's good for hunters
-It's good for gamblers
-It's good for people who are already going to deposit and have a chance to loot some pretty decent MU items as well as paying no fee for the deposit itself.

If you loot them yourself, you can either sell them and make a pretty decent amount of PED or you can open them. Literally sets a precedent for nothing, you're blowing this way out of proportion without first applying even the slighest amount of critical thinking.

Too much of "the sky is falling" mentality lately. Above and beyond anything else MindArk is a business, they are here to make money.

If you put a little bit of thought into it you'd have made several thousand PED's off of this in 2 days like I have, with very little effort I might add.

-It's good for MA and keeping them in sustainable profit
-It's good for hunters
-It's good for gamblers
-It's good for people who are already going to deposit and have a chance to loot some pretty decent MU items as well as paying no fee for the deposit itself.

If you loot them yourself, you can either sell them and make a pretty decent amount of PED or you can open them. Literally sets a precedent for nothing, you're blowing this way out of proportion without first applying even the slighest amount of critical thinking.

It's a Good Thing (tm) because I made money guys.

Loot 3.0

Loot 3.0 will be only strongboxes into loot. the keys are to buy from webshob. If there is an weapon into loot, you need to buy a weapon unlock key, same for other items too. That way the game get more intersting and MA can survive into the castle.

There will be also a ring event with CEO avatar controll. They have 100k hp and 20k stamina. If you can kill it, you get the big joke strongbox, what needs 100 keys to open. Ofc. into the box will be a event strongbox, what need 10 unique keys for open. The unique keys will be in special boxes loot, only availlable at web shop for 500 ped each.

Oh, sorry ppl. that was only a dream of MA.. but we are on the way to get there. :eyecrazy:

It's a Good Thing (tm) because I made money guys.

It's a good thing for all of the reasons I outlined. Sorry you've become so bitter over the years, even though I'd put money down you were one of the few people who actually did well in the game.

The old system was clearly not sustainable. This literally affects nobody if you choose not to participate, and can greatly benefit you by simply playing the game as you always have.

It's a good thing for all of the reasons I outlined. Sorry you've become so bitter over the years, even though I'd put money down you were one of the few people who actually did well in the game.

The old system was clearly not sustainable. This literally affects nobody if you choose not to participate, and can greatly benefit you by simply playing the game as you always have.

just dont try it. the people got blinded by their own negativity that they cant even see the good changes anymore.

ok...fair points raised. Although MU aside, I personally don't like the concept.

Sometimes it's nice taking a break looking in at the mentality.

"Look; we're all ok getting f**ed all the time, because the game needs to survive, so I'm happy to be glassed up the arse". That's what I'm reading here....seriously.

There're those that spend fortunes on boxes, personally I just bought a few here and there. Nothing heavy, when I deposit it's usually for straight peds.

Look at the other side of the coin then, the box "opener", pays $1 a for the key and MU on the box as well. So all those usual box addicts are happy are they?...LOL folks.

Funny stuff. Enjoy the game dudes, I'm out of here.

Rick

ok...fair points raised. Although MU aside, I personally don't like the concept.

Sometimes it's nice taking a break looking in at the mentality.

"Look; we're all ok getting f**ed all the time, because the game needs to survive, so I'm happy to be glassed up the arse". That's what I'm reading here....seriously.

There're those that spend fortunes on boxes, personally I just bought a few here and there. Nothing heavy, when I deposit it's usually for straight peds.

Look at the other side of the coin then, the box "opener", pays $1 a for the key and MU on the box as well. So all those usual box addicts are happy are they?...LOL folks.

Funny stuff. Enjoy the game dudes, I'm out of here.

Rick

To be fair though, that's completely up to the end-user. It's the exact same when anything new comes out and people rush to it. Remember Quad Wings going for 2k ped when they first dropped?

The lack of self control is the problem. Had people not been so concerned with shiny new items the market price would have plummeted due to lack of sales and the market adjusts for that just like in real life; supply and demand my friend.

And all of those things are bad for the overall game. There's no progression anymore. There's no future thought by MA apart from squeezing that bloody stone a little harder. The whole game is running on a pump and dump strategy.

You can loot the same item, literally, from a level 1 mob compared to a level 1000. Of course, DPS matters - that's your box looting rate - but it doesn't matter where that DPS is applied.

There's literally no linear progression in the game. There is no structure. Yet now, you're actually pleased about having to pay twice to get interesting loot?

I would love to see your thoughts when the only items dropped are shrapnel and strongbox tokens. Use your tokens and creditcard to open "CRAFTING BOX 1" or "WEAPON CACHE 12".

Mental.

Oh and let me just reiterate - there are now mining boxes which drop ores.

Just let that fucking sink in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It could be a slippery slope... I see both points of view.

As long as MA does not let this go out of hand, it could be a good thing for both sides.

And all of those things are bad for the overall game. There's no progression anymore. There's no future thought by MA apart from squeezing that bloody stone a little harder. The whole game is running on a pump and dump strategy.

You can loot the same item, literally, from a level 1 mob compared to a level 1000. Of course, DPS matters - that's your box looting rate - but it doesn't matter where that DPS is applied.

There's literally no linear progression in the game. There is no structure. Yet now, you're actually pleased about having to pay twice to get interesting loot?

I would love to see your thoughts when the only items dropped are shrapnel and strongbox tokens. Use your tokens and creditcard to open "CRAFTING BOX 1" or "WEAPON CACHE 12".

Mental.

I get why you're angry, I do..but you need to take a step back and really think about how little this changes anything.

The boxes barely loot anything of real use, just minor improvement items and from the new box they're all (L) anyway. As I already stated, it's just a small benefit to actually put money in the game.

You're telling me when you deposited in the past as a new player you would rather pay that fee then to get 100% of your deposit in ammo, which you are already going to use, and the chance to loot something of value along the way?

I've yet to see this "you can loot anything from a level 1 mob" ... I feel like there's just the slighest amount of hyperbole here.

I don't pay "twice as much" for loot. I haven't put money into the game in 7 years and I just took out a pretty decent sum of money. If people want to do that because they have more money than brains, all the power to them. No one is forcing their hand as there are still zero markup boxes on the website and the option to deposit straight PED.

Mining boxes were only supposed to be looted from "something out of the ordinary" finds. You are already mining, as a miner you now have a chance for some cool loot if you want it. Such a game breaking thing to have miners getting mining stuff.

Oh and let me just reiterate - there are now mining boxes which drop ores.

Just let that fucking sink in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sure, but those are meant to be rare.

Meant to be. :eyecrazy:

I would be 100% support of these boxes if MA allowed us to purchase keys with ped...

Just got disconnected 3/4 of the way through level 5 cannibal. Logged back in dead, outside instance, couldn't go back in. :mad:

Just got disconnected 3/4 of the way through level 5 cannibal. Logged back in dead, outside instance, couldn't go back in. :mad:

Same thing happening here. I've stopped playing in the instances till something gets fixed.

I get why you're angry, I do..but you need to take a step back and really think about how little this changes anything.

The boxes barely loot anything of real use, just minor improvement items and from the new box they're all (L) anyway. As I already stated, it's just a small benefit to actually put money in the game.

You're telling me when you deposited in the past as a new player you would rather pay that fee then to get 100% of your deposit in ammo, which you are already going to use, and the chance to loot something of value along the way?

I've yet to see this "you can loot anything from a level 1 mob" ... I feel like there's just the slighest amount of hyperbole here.

I don't pay "twice as much" for loot. I haven't put money into the game in 7 years and I just took out a pretty decent sum of money. If people want to do that because they have more money than brains, all the power to them. No one is forcing their hand as there are still zero markup boxes on the website and the option to deposit straight PED.

Mining boxes were only supposed to be looted from "something out of the ordinary" finds. You are already mining, as a miner you now have a chance for some cool loot if you want it. Such a game breaking thing to have miners getting mining stuff.

Astounding insanity were the two words I thought of when reading this.. but here, let me help you.

Apart from extremely expensive UL rings (Hween 17, Perf Ares/Athenic, Unique XXX), unique UL melee weapons, and highly useful skillpills/buff pills.

Yes, because if you take the first part of this sentence on face value, paying 40c deposit fee per $10 (96ped given on a $10 deposit) is exactly equivalent as receiving 100 ped of UA, considering to get actual value from that UA you have to use it, which encounters the return rake fee by MA, of which we know is 90-97% depending on your EFF. So unless you have an IMK2 (or eff equivalent), yes, I'd rather the deposit fee. Taking the second part of your sentence, (( the chance to loot something of value along the way?)), surely this negates your argument that ((The boxes barely loot anything of real use,))???

No, there are the same chances of looting a Hween 2017 ring from a loot box obtained from the cat1 instance zombie dogs, as there is from a cat5 instance khal boss. Absolutely no hyperbole required.

I don't pay "twice as much" for loot. I haven't put money into the game in 7 years and I just took out a pretty decent sum of money.

Again, wonderful. You made money so it's fucking great. I've deposited shitloads over the last 7 years- to the tune of $10,000. Add that to my deposits 02-08ish, we're talking at least $20k. And my total sellout was around $1k (most deposits used directly on ammo). But this was spent on the thought/dream/idea whatever you want to call it, of looting interesting items. I have zero interest in making money here, nor buying my way to the best items - I have a good enough job IRL to not worry about Entropia being my fucking job, nor do I have some weird superiority complex of requiring to be the best here. I just wanted to have fun and loot items by shooting mobs.

The game required people like me - depositors who had fun regardless of the $500/month fee. See Mac on this forum, who I would say (was) in the exact same boat.

finally,

If you don't see the problem with popping SOOTOs in lyst farm areas, to open a box to get Pyrite, you're a fucking melt.

Oh, and on checking, you popped an 82k Atrox. Yet you have the gall to chastise people for having more money than brains.

You fucking piece of shit.

Oh, and on checking, you popped an 82k Atrox. Yet you have the gall to chastise people for having more money than brains.

Wow Yea I checked that out too, insane loot. Totally odd tracker history IMO, that big loot in 2011 and nothing until just now you got 1k and 2k in the last couple days. What a gap!
However, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

you knwo why it is called SOOTO? because it is something out of the ordinary which kinda means its rare. if you want to go in a lyst farm area and lose 5% of everything you spend there just to loot 1 box in 2k ped spend (or whatever it is) just to get one box with maybe (!) receive 5 ped pyrite then go ahead and do so. enjoy the money loss.
you are blowing this shit way out of proportion. overall this is a good change. i mean all you guys are blaming MA for making a webshop and cry all the time that everything nice now is only obtainable via webshop and now they partly revert this to make at least one of the 2 parts drop in regular loot to give it a better connection to the game again and now you cry again for exactly this reason? i mean how fucking retarded is that shit?

and where the hell is the problem with lvl 1 instance boxes looting a halloween ring while lvl 5 has "supposedly" the same chance? first of all i didnt see the drop chance for the boxes so higher instances may loot more boxes. that aside, without this change a noob, that just created his account and havent even killed a single mob could buy the boxes and keys from webshop and loot the ring as well right away. THERE IS NO FUCKING CHANGE. jesus christ can you turn off your stupid blindness and think the shit through before raging like a psycho?

There HAS been a change to the elephant in the room, however, if boxes are your elephant.
To explain: some people strongly dislike the boxes/webshop concept, but it was possible to ignore it during normal gameplay. Now, however, this shitty elephant is blowing boxes out of its trunk in such a way that boxes are now a whole lot harder to ignore, with more to come for mining apparently!
As people have commented, what about when crafting gets them too?

Wow Yea I checked that out too, insane loot. Totally odd tracker history IMO, that big loot in 2011 and nothing until just now you got 1k and 2k in the last couple days. What a gap!
However, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

I got the hof in June and kept pumping in money until December of that same year. So don't make it out like I just got a big hof and disappeared. Besides the point anyway. I was quite sick in real life for many years and I didn't even have the mental strength to come back into the game. Thanks for caring so much to not even be honest about how long I played after that. Easily put 20k peds back into the system in those few months. I also started the game during CoT in 2002.

Aio you've lost the plot. You attack me for my loot, you attack me for a simple opinion that differs from yours. You're such a child you can't even have a discussion without pulling out every strawman you can just to make it seem like you have a valid argument.

I guess when they gave Dub (my old disciple) and McCormick the best gun in the game that could literally win events just by owning it... didn't ruin the game 10 years ago? No, surely it was the boxes that did it.

Then you completely take what I say out of context and pretend like it means I MADE money. Not once did I say the sum of money I took out was profit, in fact I lost over 100k PED in markup alone due to 2.0 changes. Am I throwing a fit because I made a poor choice not to sell out 5 years ago? Nope, my fault, not MA's fault. Then you have the nerve HILARIOUSLY to judge me without ever knowing me and acting like you supported the game and no one else did?

Well guess what, I supported it just as much as you did.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?213419-How-To-Score-82-857-PED

Here's all the people backing me up when people like you throw fits while having zero information.
(Try actually reading that thread without taking single lines and applying your own ridiculous thoughts to them)
https://imgur.com/YYa6ICt

And here's how much I supported the game. Not that I even need to justify myself to some angry, incredibly shitty person like yourself after I've been completely polite to you and the rest of the debbie downers.

Get off your high horse. You aren't special, lots of people supported the game and lost. I barely broke even when I withdrew and that's counting the thousands I had in investments.

I'm done with you, you aren't even worth the effort as you're so lost in anger and delusions. Enjoy living your life being toxic.

Last edited:

Just got disconnected again halfway through Big Pumpkin lvl 5. :mad:

around Minopolis no Mobs.... without Exaros, Armax.....

some ppl said about probs..they were using the instances in mino....i was in zeus for last hours now i try ithaca...no probs there unless tiny hickups....

Are there any dogs left outside of instances anywhere since the event started?

Are there any dogs left outside of instances anywhere since the event started?

I looked in two spots (nymph/mino) and they'd been removed. Boo hiss.

Though it would meess with their tracking software if they were available outside

Back