• Nope

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • WTF is Vegemite?

Votes: 79 48.2%
  • Never had it but sure it taste good!

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
NO!
It's extracted from beast not beer thus no competition... eeeeerk;)

So how do you sweat a jar of marmite?;)

So far Marmite is better. MARMITE FTW

So how do you sweat a jar of marmite?;)

As you previously metioned, leave it the cupboard to ferment beyond a month...mmm tastier:D
Not Beast Yeast :D

Does this stuff (veg) need to be refrigerated? Just got me some at World Market last night!:D I'm scared to try it lol! May need to pick up some honey? I also found Marmite. Wow, they have everything! But no Milo. Gonna check Walmart today since they claim the have it.

Also found some Tim Tams there. Well, acrually it never said Tim Tams, it said Arnott's(which i know makes them) and Penguins. :)

Gonna be Aussie today hehehe. Tonight, possibly Swedish meatballs from Ikea!:laugh:

Does this stuff (veg) need to be refrigerated? Just got me some at World Market last night!:D I'm scared to try it lol! May need to pick up some honey? I also found Marmite. Wow, they have everything! But no Milo. Gonna check Walmart today since they claim the have it.

Also found some Tim Tams there. Well, acrually it never said Tim Tams, it said Arnott's(which i know makes them) and Penguins. :)

Gonna be Aussie today hehehe. Tonight, possibly Swedish meatballs from Ikea!:laugh:

As for the black tar like substance (Vegemite) it keeps forever under 45 celcuius.
Just be sure to spread it thin over toast and very thin if your palate is unacustomed ;) should be good:)

As for the black tar like substance (Vegemite) it keeps forever under 45 celcuius.
Just be sure to spread it thin over toast and very thin if your palate is unacustomed ;) should be good:)

Thanks for the tips! Gonna go try it now! :eek:

Fuck vegemite and marmite.

these aren't comercialized in Portugal

Tuli Creme is the king !
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPsHNj5LVE4[/YOUTUBE]

tuli.JPG

(it's chocolate butter, if you don't understand)

2hrs later, and we still haven't heard from her. Vegemite has killed another victim.

LOL, nope, still alive! Ummm...well, it isn't all that lol! Nah, it actually tasted like really strong spread on cheese or something, but for some reason the smell is familiar to me! Weird.

I made both kids taste it and neither liked it, but neither spit it out either! I had to trick my son (who's very picky) and tell him it was just very buttered toast.

Maybe i will have to use it in a recipe or something as i hate to waste stuff, especially if i buy something so small and tiny as a little jar of vegemite, for $7 USD!

Some one send me some and i will try it.

I wish they sold it in my country

fertilised duck egg

barbequed pig's tongue

barbequed chicken heads

But you do have these Phillipine specialities tho ;)

I sent a query to kraftfoods on how guys in the US and philippines might acquire our awesome foodage :D

and if they don't tell us.... :cussing:

Yeah well we gotta make more yeast to make more Vegemite thus hairier chest that dont look shaved :D

Ingredients:

Vegemite (Kraft General Foods NZ Ltd):

Yeast extract from beer tailings), salt, malt extract, colour (caramel), vegetable flavours, vitamins (niacin, thiamine, riboflavin)

Marmite (Sanatarium Health Food Company, NZ):

Yeast, sugar, salt, wheatgerm extract, mineral salt (508), colour (caramel), herbs, spices, vitamins (niacin, thiamin, riboflavin)

Promite: (Masterfoods of Australia)

Vegetable protein extract, sugar, yeast, natural colour (caramel), salt, thickener (Wheat starch), emulsifier (Glycerol monostearate), spices, added vitamins, water

Note only Vegemite has yeast extract , a bi product of making beeer...mmmm yum:)

If you have a World MArket near you, they sell almost everything! We have a big store called Meijer which has a whole aisle of worldly foods. I just found last night they have Marmite (have to try that one next). I found a ton of stuff there and could have saved an hour drive the other night. Maybe you have a big store like that near you? Always online orders from tons of places, including amazon!

If you have a World MArket near you, they sell almost everything! We have a big store called Meijer which has a whole aisle of worldly foods. I just found last night they have Marmite (have to try that one next). I found a ton of stuff there and could have saved an hour drive the other night. Maybe you have a big store like that near you? Always online orders from tons of places, including amazon!

Hehehe I saw the response from the flock, Just suggest that conditioning is a significant part to developing a palate for Vegemite so dont stop at one try keep on going and post the results here>
Marmite well its runnier and thick and tar like, I suggest you do the Vegemite challenge in full 1st:D

Hehehe I saw the response from the flock, Just suggest that conditioning is a significant part to developing a palate for Vegemite so dont stop at one try keep on going and post the results here>
Marmite well its runnier and thick and tar like, I suggest you do the Vegemite challenge in full 1st:D

Most likely I will not get marmite til the vegemite is out...which may be awhile...hehehe. At first it tasted really weird and then I REALLY tasted it and I swear, strong cheese came to mind, so it wasn't so bad. Is this normal or did I really brainwash myself into thinking it has some sorta cheese taste to it? lol! My bf thought it smelled like beer (ummm, really?) and the only one who refused to try it!

Back