Who Thinks Loot Mechanics Is Fair???

Do you think the loot mechanics is fair to depositers

• Total voters
Try thinking outside the box here, what if the "lucky" avatars getting the big loot are controlled by the land owners them-selves or MA and its a technique by them to get you more excited to keep trying ? What if the majority of the yes votes concerning "is the loot pool fair" actually come from accounts run my MA staffers ? My point is that the question has no merit either way , it is what it is . . . The house wins! We know this because your friends and my firends have been leaving for years because they knew it wasnt fair. One daY MA and now planet partners aka Former MA employess will see the light and change the odds so their balanced but why would they when they can build the game on the backs of their customers? You could argue all business does the same thing and i would agree accept to say atleast the others try to provide good service.If you played years ago when the loot was balanced like i did you would see the huge difference in game play i hope one day its like that again.

My general answer to that is this isn't my experience. I've been playing since 2006, and I'm done much better over the last year than at any previous time. Of course, that may change!

That said, I've given up hunting ... because I can't make it pay. I've assumed that this is simply a lack of knowledge on my part. I'm a miner and I understand how things have changed, and I've adapted. I don't understand the changes with hunting, which I'm assuming is my fault.

Maybe that's the problem with a lot of the complaints about loot. I'd be interested to see whether there is a difference of view between those who are old hunters, recently unsuccessful, and newer players who've learnt new tricks.

Firstly.....

What i meant about anything decent was a tower or uber hof over 4k,

Secondly......

I agree too that ATHs should happen less often and split into smaller hofs and towers that way more players would get towers they deserve......
also staying on this subject, players hunt, craft, mine for the big hofs (towers-uber hofs) i for sure partly do want my first ever tower who doesnt, but i play in a style that i am not chasing it i play for playing sake, not for gambling, and can i also ADD, i have deposited 1 time in the last 3 months because i have been always changing the way i play this game, and i have been cycling my peds in a managable way, i do not see as me doing unamped mining is actually gambling, gambling is players that amp and amp big and amp till there ped card is empty then not be able to play again, when my ped card gets low i start changing my strategy again thus so it stops me from depositing again......

Thirdly........

Why do people always attack people when they are only asking a common question then start accusing them for complaining or what ever, i am NOT complaining, the reason i made this thread also was because i was having a discussion with a soc m8 and i wanted to see what others thought but yes that new player tower was the reason we had the discussion in soc....

Fourthly...........

Gambling - i have a few theories i follow in this game, and i do not play this game in a gambling way i play it following my loot cycle and yes i do use entropia tracker to work out when i think my next HOF is due which i am getting very good at getting it close or spot on too......

and a reply to 1 of the other comments is yes i have played this game for 10 years, with a 6 year break, and i know what everyone thinks about this game in various different viewpoints and i for 1 have had the gambling viewpoint, but i dont see it in a gambling way anymore because i follow my new gameplay style which works for me at this moment in time, as i have only deposited 1 time in the last 3 months, i have deposited about 50 times over the last 9-10 months so please stop acusing, i just wanted to see what people thought

Thanks Again

RJ Rob

I agree too that ATHs should happen less often and split into smaller hofs and towers that way more players would get towers they deserve......
Again...there is no entitlement. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you will stop feeling the need to ask your original question.

Again...there is no entitlement. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you will stop feeling the need to ask your original question.

Look.... ok yes maybe there is no entitlement as such but you are yet again attacking what i am trying to say

People deposit loads and loads in some cases and they get nothing big enough.... MA and EU needs these players to stay in this game and when all these depositers keep getting nothing they deserve back that makes that player think MA care when they get that tower or uber hof, then the chance they deposit and stay playing this game is then being asked and they will choose to either not deposit or not play anymore.... so to be perfectly honest depositers is the essential part that keeps this game going i feel......

Look, i used to be a non depositer 10 years ago when i played, i started this game by sweating- helping players by running the mobs for them while they hunted them and i got payed for it and then when i had enough peds i started buying trading small items then went onto ore and so on.......

so i have a viewpoint on all sides i am not against any type of gameplay at all........

RJ Rob

Maybe you should be asking the ones that have left if they like the current loot mechanics.

The fact is net sales more than halved between 2008 to 2010, now you could blame it all on CE2 and players leaving by not having the machines to play, well if they couldn't afford a half decent pc to play EU then they couldn't have been big depositors.

A lot of players have dropped their deposits, downsized and have gone back to hunting with opalos or have just quit. My guess is that a lot of them will say its the balancing that caused them to re-evaluate their time and money spent in EU.

I think a rewards incentive for X amount of money depo in a time period would be fair (like a mouse pad or something) but changing the loot dynamics based on depos I am not sure.

I think a rewards incentive for X amount of money depo in a time period would be fair (like a mouse pad or something) but changing the loot dynamics based on depos I am not sure.

Cool I like the mouse pad idea. Stick some cool design on it not a Shinkiba Head :laugh: thou

Cool I like the mouse pad idea. Stick some cool design on it not a Shinkiba Head :laugh: thou

Yeah thats what i mean. do something that related to eu in general.. Give plush toys out idk. rewards and freebies make people happier to spend money. I know such things work on me in real life and many others. This could all be accomplished many ways its more of a desire on MA end to do it. They actually would probably end up with more depos if people felt they had a chance to get an edge by receiving some sort of reward thats tangible.

In game things like a shirt or pants would work as well maybe but nothing too lavish. Yeah I know what someone is thinking "but but we got the gifts." The gifts are nice but threads like this wouldn't exist if the gifts depositors get were enough.

kosmos

Yeah thats what i mean. do something that related to eu in general.. Give plush toys out idk. rewards and freebies make people happier to spend money. I know such things work on me in real life and many others. This could all be accomplished many ways its more of a desire on MA end to do it. They actually would probably end up with more depos if people felt they had a chance to get an edge by receiving some sort of reward thats tangible.

In game things like a shirt or pants would work as well maybe but nothing too lavish. Yeah I know what someone is thinking "but but we got the gifts." The gifts are nice but threads like this wouldn't exist if the gifts depositors get were enough.

kosmos

imagines a t-shirt with the print "I killed 5000 dinosouars and all i got was some nova fragments"

:) , would be cool though

cheers

ermik

imagines a t-shirt with the print "I killed 5000 dinosouars and all i got was some nova fragments"

:) , would be cool though

cheers

ermik

Thats a mint saying mate!! Put it on a Tshirt and put a pic on here

was just thinking ... with this return 90% of tt then all new players need to lose to take an uber, if all new players will lose a shitload to get back then won't be so good for the game most of them will leave. Also the game balance you u will get at 90% in time.

So imo its fine how it is...

Hi,

After seeing another tower by a new player earlier on, it has started to get me thinking more about if people think the loot mechanics and loot distribution in this game is fair for depositing players.....

I know of course it has to cater for all players, but i feel they could treak it to make it favour depositing players more.....

as for example, i still can not get a tower in mining over 4kpeds yet, and yet new players and other players get them time and time again, this isnt the only reason i am making this thread, but to ask how you feel, and if you think the system is fair to depositers......

Please stay on topic, this is just a general discussion about the mechanics and to see the results of the POLL results...

Thanks

RJ Rob

4K peds is naught but dust in the wind :p give it 3-4 more years and then maybe

Statistics, Statistics, Statistics. Like it says on those scratchers: Odds of winning "1:3.47".

Same reason most people don't win the lotto in real life. Just numbers. And if anyone thinks otherwise...

Well you might enjoy the moon landing conspiracy while mining on Neverdi.....I mean F.O.M.A....

I dont write much these days, but had to comment on this....

I voted for no twick for depositors and yes I was a depositor at one time, but it make it very unfair for new players and even vets who got to a stage where they dont have to deposit anymore (which I was at in my last 3 years of playing not having to deposit any funds for hunting ( not counting gear) but that was a long time ago ;)

Back