Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters

ikonoklast

Young
Society
Freelancer
John Galt
Read about it

Who's a better humanitarian? Bill Gates or Bono? Whereas Bono brings up awareness, Bill does the same for a smaller group of people with more $$$ to throw at it.

I vote neither, rich ppl use it as a form of publicity not a genuine act.

Mikah said:
I vote neither, rich ppl use it as a form of publicity not a genuine act.

and most of time , they use "foundation" because they have to pay less "country" tax if they finace som humanitary stuff...

show me the one who take out the money from his poket , and dont get any discount on his tax , and who not do it for advert his compagnie , and i will vote for him/her.

ikonoklast said:
Read about it

Who's a better humanitarian? Bill Gates or Bono? Whereas Bono brings up awareness, Bill does the same for a smaller group of people with more $$$ to throw at it.

Why does there need to be a competition? Why can't we appreciate the contribution of each?

You forgot to add a vote for me ;)

I think that if you figure out how much money they have and then break down to what % of their money they pay out to help others think you will find that the little guy who donates to the Red Cross, Salvo's childrens hospital appeals and all the other can shakers that they come across in the street are better than both of them combined....

so my vote is none of the above!!

Being humanitarian isn't just about how much money they give away, but how much in proportion to their earnings, and you have to look at what else these people do.

Plus, for these people - it's easy to give fk loads of money away when you're rolling in it yourself. I'm more impressed when I hear of less well off people doing things for charity, but they're just not publicised that often :/

Bill Gates and his corporation are anti-competitive, running round patenting crap (in some cases things they didn't even come up with first) and preventing small businesses from getting anywhere.

Bono doesn't go putting other musicians out of business.

So between the two, I vote Bono :)

Fun fact:
10 times more people die from malaria than AIDS while curing (that is for good, not just prolonging the agony like with AIDS) malaria costs 100 times less

Imo, AIDS is just mother natures way of regulating overpopulation in Africa as people there would die of famine anyway.

Back