why are things so expensive

scormxpn

Hatchling
so i see a major problem in this game and that is the greed of everyone fueled by low drop rates of items driving there prices up i hate the greed that makes it hard for me a man with a mental illness on a fixed income to afford to even play the game because just a few hours is costly just to repair my things no virtual item should ever be more than 100 usd because they all can be replicated infinitely eventual the governments of the world are going to ether tax game companies more or limit there cost on virtual goods so the average man can afford i thinks its stupid to waste 500 usd on an item like a shopkeeper pad or a property in game and the drop rates in this game suck so why play it when its difficult to play because of how the movement mechanics are the lack of a controller input for this game is a problem im hoping that the producers of this game decide to limit the prices an item can be listed for on the auction along with making a controller for this game and increase the drop rates on hard to get items like shopkeeper pods and all other items in the game along with limiting the amount of properties a player can own to like 5 or so and confiscate properties from players who have more than 5 and have been offline for more than 5 years. PS the secret to life is its a virtual reality machine called infinity that i helped create lol.

things are priced as high as people are prepared to pay based on some expected return on the price of that item.

kill the margins = kill the values

(i.e. boxes/amps being nearly worthless now)

There’s gear for all budgets. If you only have $100 to spend on gear, buy a Shagadi Sword and get killing.
People pay high prices on some gear because it is worth it if they have the time and determination to utilise it. These prices only exist because people recognise the value. And we are currently in an oversupply anyway, prices are down 20-40% on a lot of items, it’s a very weird time to complain about price and availability. Pretty good time to be buying actually.

There’s gear for all budgets. If you only have $100 to spend on gear, buy a Shagadi Sword and get killing.
People pay high prices on some gear because it is worth it if they have the time and determination to utilise it. These prices only exist because people recognise the value. And we are currently in an oversupply anyway, prices are down 20-40% on a lot of items, it’s a very weird time to complain about price and availability. Pretty good time to be buying actually.
disagree, extremely bad time for buying nowadays, good time for buying will be few months after twen ends, there will be so many more items dropping, and on top of that don't forget that a lot of players has a lot of M & rare tokens sitting waiting for new items

disagree, extremely bad time for buying nowadays, good time for buying will be few months after twen ends, there will be so many more items dropping, and on top of that don't forget that a lot of players has a lot of M & rare tokens sitting waiting for new items
i bet we see a even higher price increase :p

I see a major problem in this game! Everyone's greed is leading to low item drop rates which is in turn raising prices. I hate that this makes it hard for me, a man with a mental illness on a fixed income, to afford to even play (after just a few hours my repairs are quite costly). No virtual item should ever cost more than 100 USD, because they can all be replicated indefinitely. Eventually governments are going to ether tax game companies more, or limit the cost of virtual goods so that the average person can afford them. I think it's stupid to waste 500 USD on an item like a Shopkeeper Pad or a virtual property. The drop rates in this game suck, so why play it, especially given its difficult movement mechanics and the lack of a controller input? I hope the developers decide to limit the prices items can be listed for on the auction, make a controller for the game, increase the drop rates on hard to get items like Shopkeeper Pads (and all other items), limit the amount of properties a player can own to around five, and confiscate excess properties from players who have been offline for more than five years.
^^ In case anyone else was having trouble reading the original.

As for my response, I would merely ask why most of these solutions are required? You mention that items can be freely replicated. We could just replicate items up to the point at which our desired circulating supply is expected to result. No need for any of the more invasive nonsense like price caps, property limits, government intervention, etc.

Don't we have a pretty high profile player who is severely hadicapped and he makes it work?

But honestly? Maybe this game isn't for you then. I mean not every game needs to be accessible to everyone at every level. Shit, I don't get update when I can't have the best characters in a gacha game. I don't get upset that I can't grind out new bosses in runescape cause I don't have friends or the levels or the skills.

I don't get upset in real life when all my friends are having babies and wives and husbands and I'm sitting here with my girl JILL on a Friday night watching Amouranth.

Because you compete with people who don't need their money, and narcissism. The return-on-investment thing works out for a few, but there is quite a number of those who will just throw any amount of money at becoming the biggest whale in a small pond. When they realize that they spent more than their significant other approves, the bigger-fool thing works for them more often than not so they can trade it up again. Of course, every bubble will pop at some point, but not knowing when that occurs keeps the inflation going. I imagine that for at least 15 of the past 20 years, the developers sit there marvelling at the folly they unleashed (deliberately not saying 'created', because it's in human nature). A truly Faustian story, you can't go back... hence they're also forced to escalate it in cycles of a couple years.

PS the secret to life is its a virtual reality machine called infinity that i helped create lol.
This is a 10/10 troll post we need more of these
you can't go back... hence they're also forced to escalate it in cycles of a couple years.
Yup... the hole is too deep now. UE5 is the only way forward. Make the game more fun & engaging so more people are willing to set their money on fire.

You're trolling, aren't you?

In any case, if you think that the prices are high, which they are in some cases due to various reasons, just don't buy. Also, buying an expensive high efficiency weapon might not be the best choice for a casual hunter, in order to have a chance at gaining something from such a tool it needs to be in use 24/7 or most of the day at least.

no virtual item should ever be more than 100 usd
what is strange is that you play since 2018 and have not understood price formation

they come from UTILITY for the buyer and COST TO MANUFACTURE OR FIND for the seller.... (TTLOSS Transfer)

was a funny post tho.

sorry for you this is not CEU (communist entropis universe) and prices are free to float.
welcome to your 5th year of gaming ... maybe it is some more clear now how it works

Welcome to the biggest flaw in a winner takes all RCE concept lol it's all about who's got the fattest wallet they're willing to trust MA to hold for them.

By design many things are blocked off to the average person due to a massive pay wall.

It's frustrating as other games have managed to perfect the micro payment formula while keeping the game very inclusive for players of all budgets. But EU has chosen to stagnate with flawed economic design that's geared towards wealthier players and pushing people to always up their ante. But they simply can't change now, too much is at stake.

Maybe this will change with the unreal update... But I wouldn't hold your breath lol

2 reasons why:

1) top 100 capitalizing 24/7 players loot all the decent stuff and try to pass it on as magical money making gear to unsuspecting, less knowledgeable avatars for huge amounts money, without specifying that you need huge bankrolls and play 24/7 to be able to actually make some money.

2) credit card companies want their money back, with interest, from the players that spent it in game thinking they'll actually make huge amounts of peds.

😂😂😂

2 reasons why:

1) top 100 capitalizing 24/7 players loot all the decent stuff and try to pass it on as magical money making gear to unsuspecting, less knowledgeable avatars for huge amounts money, without specifying that you need huge bankrolls and play 24/7 to be able to actually make some money.

2) credit card companies want their money back, with interest, from the players that spent it in game thinking they'll actually make huge amounts of peds.

😂😂😂
You just described math.

Time and scale. Casuals and ultra casuals should never buy expensive gear. They might as well use L. People who hunt a lot get the most benefit from UL gear. The same is true in mining as it relates to UL amps.

The rest is the understanding that the game has simple formulas (eff and looter), which is debated and doubted, and does not have favoritism.

lets assume a weapon on a high lvl that got a tt of 250

the mu will be 125% thats 312,5 ped now we want only the mu thats 312,5-250=62.50

62.50 ped you blast into the air per weapon
10x 62.50 = 625
100x 62.50 = 6250
1000x 62.50 = 62.500

now lets assume you brake one weapon every day ( i brake atleast 3 if i play normal )

thats 22.812,5 ped you did blast into the air
68.437,5 in my case
one year

two years of using limited vs ul
will bring you to
and me
in two years
-
lets say you will keep the weapon untill it rly needs a replacement. this will hapen like every 5 to 6 years
114.062,50 to 136.875

keep in mind that you will sell the weapon you bought for atleast 50% if its value worst case
thats still 25.000 ped

so effective you burned 25.000 ped vs 114.062.50 - 136.875 you wuld have burned to get to the same spot
in other words you did spend 09,13(6year) 10,95(5year) ped per day vs 62.50 ped per day if you sell your weapon after 5 or 6 years for 50% of its value

same weapon cost ul under 50K ped
(one with bad effi)

we can keep argueing why they cost that much
but keep in mind , meanwhile we argue you consume limited weapons while others simply repair theyr weapon

Last edited:
lets assume a weapon on a high lvl that got a tt of 250

the mu will be 125% thats 312,5 ped now we want only the mu thats 312,5-250=62.50

62.50 ped you blast into the air per weapon
10x 62.50 = 625
100x 62.50 = 6250
1000x 62.50 = 62.500

same weapon cost ul under 50K ped
(one with bad effi)

we can keep argueing why they cost that much
but keep in mind , meanwhile we argue you consume limited weapons while others simply repair theyr weapon

no one other than casual players are consuming L items.

valuing UL based on L markups is a straw man.

people buy mod nano because of the potential ROI from events/tokens/etc... they don't buy mod nano because LB-105(L) is expensive lmao.

to be honest, MA has to do something drastic, fast, if they want to keep the dream alive. margins are just plummeting everywhere... too much output and not enough item/resource consumption.

valuing UL based on L markups is a straw man.
No, a strawman is something different. And the above didn't mean a price-setting valuation, but to determine a threshold when UL over L is worth it even when it seems expensive at first. Whether you take 100, 1000 or whatever number times the markup on a comparable L item is up to individual factors. The example merely points out why at all.

Back