why cheaper to repair totally broken?

halle7

Young
Got an axe and was wondering why it's cheaper when I repair it if it's totally broken (cost around 6 ped) than when it's 2/3 broken (costs around 8-9 ped)?

Thanx

It should not work that way, so i suspect you are mistaken.

It should not work that way, so i suspect you are mistaken.

idd,

if the max TT is say 10 ped... u use it till broken 23 pec (example) it will cost 9.77 ped to repair to max..

if the TT is 5 ped, to repair it to max would be another 5 ped..

it all depends on the TT before u start repairing, its hard to explain but i hope this helps

Ok...
Cause when I use it until it's completely broken (can't use it anymore) it's cost to repair it to maximum is always different. From 5-7 peds so far (done it like 7 times). When I repair it half broken or more, it always costs more than 5 peds.

The weapon doesn't get weaker if I wait to repair it until it's totally broken right?

What axe is it?
As was said, the axe has a "maximum" value, and the cost to repair is never anything other than the difference between it's current value and it's full value.

For Axe 1x0, max TT 7 peds, the cost to repair should never be more than 6.79 peds.

If you are hitting "repair all" then other items will get fixed at the same time, armour, etc. Is this what is happening?

Im not sure how it is for axes, never used mele weaps. but might it be that you are using amps?

This is very odd.

The repair cost is dependent on the maximum tt value minus the current tt value of the item.

Their is no repairing fee so i dont understand how this is happening to u lol

Do you have more than one axe? If so a 1x & 2x etc? If so a 2 would be more ped to repair than a 1 and so on.

Might be a bug too.
Recently I bought 7 armor plates from a shop, all partially broken.
I went to repair terminal, clicked Add Armor, all 7 pieces went into repair terminal, and nothing else. Sum was... 120ped. I clicked Repair, and the list apeared and last confirm question. I stopped here - i realised the plates are listed 14times! I hit "no", and clear. Dragged all 7 plates manually... and paid only 60peds!!! Almost got robbed:mad:
So now I check what i repair.
I didnt report that, because I couldnt repeat it.

i realised the plates are listed 14times! I hit "no", and clear. Dragged all 7 plates manually... and paid only 60peds!!!

Almost got robbed:mad:

No you didnt, I think its the price shown thats the bug, probably only 60 ped would have been taken from card, even if it had calculated it x 14.

well not so much a weapon prob. got this quite "bizarre" thing that happened just a min ago.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:scratch2::scratch2:

Hmmm not good!!! did you click repair?? did it take 125peds? I'll be watching more carefully from now on :) ty for the heads-up :eek:

well not so much a weapon prob. got this quite "bizarre" thing that happened just a min ago.

This would be bad (very very, rip off bad), if it actually did take the 125 peds.

What we need to know is how much would it actually cost to make the repair.

If it actually cost 62.94, then it's just a bug in the interface.
If it cost 125, than, this is more (far more) serious.

Halle7, you have my apologies. It seems you were not mistaken, Sorry.

This bug is very serious. :eek:
I hope it get reported to MA asap.

I actually never check after a hunt teh decay versus the repair cost, since it's to much trouble (Armor, plates, weapons, amps, TP chip, MF implant etc...)

I guess until this is solved, I check what the cost is and how much is withdrawn from my ped card.

this is weird but what we don´t know is if u are hiding something behind that finder :) just saying

this is weird but what we don´t know is if u are hiding something behind that finder :) just saying

well that would be if he had an identical of105 with same tt hidden just exactly behind it :laugh:

The price is almost exactly doubled + 2 pec.

I'll be very careful with the buttons on the repair terminal from now on... drag stuff one by one and check its sensible.

Im not sure how it is for axes, never used mele weaps. but might it be that you are using amps?

:laugh: Not yet my friend .. we haven't been introduced to Melee amps in EU :)

I've had these sort of bugs at the repair terminal and hit repair before I realized it was the wrong amount .. but then got an error that they could not perform function.

It's only a rip-off if it ACTUALLY takes your money .. people. :rolleyes:
If it doesn't work .. it doesn't work and it's bugged all together, which is generally the case at the repair terminals.

:confused::eek:

First the decay costs on clothes/armor and now this??? Are we paying tax in repair to?
Or is MA going to accept scamming??? :eek::mad:

Shit it is real shit this.. :(

:laugh: Not yet my friend .. we haven't been introduced to Melee amps in EU :)

I've had these sort of bugs at the repair terminal and hit repair before I realized it was the wrong amount .. but then got an error that they could not perform function.

It's only a rip-off if it ACTUALLY takes your money .. people. :rolleyes:
If it doesn't work .. it doesn't work and it's bugged all together, which is generally the case at the repair terminals.

A valid, reasoned, reply. If it says 1000 peds to repair a Pixi Mask, and it errors, that's ok.

But who will run the risk of spending 1k peds to prove it?
My best guess is on the "it will error", but I would not want to lose 1k peds to prove it.

A valid, reasoned, reply. If it says 1000 peds to repair a Pixi Mask, and it errors, that's ok.

But who will run the risk of spending 1k peds to prove it?
My best guess is on the "it will error", but I would not want to lose 1k peds to prove it.

:laugh: I would click repair for 1k ped for a pixie mask !!

Just to see what happened ;)
Oh and of course keeping screenies along the way, to file the support case :D

sorry dont have that much time to waste, if u believe or not i dont really care about. was doing the screenie mainly for my support case.

might be just a UI glitch since after relog the repair bill was right. no clue what would have been taken from the account, should have went to the confirm window to see what that part would have said but since it's ok for now so cant test anymore.

About this repair bug when items got listed twice and wrong value is calculated. I've experienced it several times, mostly with armour plates (support case sent more than a month ago). If you press confirm button (yes, I'm curious) you will get error message "Could not execute", so I guess it does second check and fails.

I understand that people like to brag about being ripped off everywhere but I'm afraid this bug is not the case.

The price is almost exactly doubled + 2 pec

The prize is doubled, the 2 pec is probably because tt and repair terminal don't show amounts smaller then a pec while it's proven MA calculates in smaller amounts. Thats why the fruit method is used for decay etc etc.

Anyone filed a support already, or really clicked the repair button?

edit: saw Downfall's threat to late, so would be a good thing if the repair terminal does a second check. But still a bad case if you ask me.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem.

After a mining run on CND for 200 bombs and probes, with about 50 peds worth of ammo on my weapons, I did a repair this afternoon and the total repair bill come to 175 peds, it's look too be high but I did not double check and go on repair them.

On my normal set up with P5, M61a2, Korss 380, 2x103 amps, armors parts and 7 5b plates with all the mining gears, both finders (L) repair bill ususlly come to about 35 peds after each run.

the only thing I change on this run is I use the Madox IV and a Cause amps.
However the repair bill shot up over 5 times the normal repair bill.

And I know for the fact that it did cost me 175 peds for repair. :mad::mad:

I think we all need to do repair each peace of equipment from now on.

This bug is too expensive.:mad::mad::mad:

About this repair bug when items got listed twice and wrong value is calculated. I've experienced it several times, mostly with armour plates (support case sent more than a month ago). If you press confirm button (yes, I'm curious) you will get error message "Could not execute", so I guess it does second check and fails.

I understand that people like to brag about being ripped off everywhere but I'm afraid this bug is not the case.

:mad::mad: This bug is real, I did click repair all items to day and my repair bill come to 175 peds for a 200 bombs + probes mining run with about 50 peds ammo use during the trip.

mechanic,

do you have screenshots of this?
and most importantly of the item listing of what you wanted to repair?

would be very handy to prove your point.

grts

mechanic,

do you have screenshots of this?
and most importantly of the item listing of what you wanted to repair?

would be very handy to prove your point.

grts

I was not thinking at that time of repair, was tire just want to get all my gear repair and ready for the next run when I log on again. However i know for the fact that I did pay 175 peds for repair. Peds card was +1900 peds and was down to about +1700 peds.

So I did not take the screen shot on it. I wish I see this before doing that repair

I parked my axes some time ago, but I still use my Kat and while I scream at the repair bill, I haven't seen any discrepancies. But I almost never use the "repair xxx" option, I just repair what I think I will need on the run, since I carry a ton of crap.
Sounds like the old 'car broke down, boy, do you need a lot of repairs' ploy.

Back