Why does people scared of joining a society?

in the past soc´s were kinda like a home, a family .. with way less drama than nowadays - some better soc´s have too many rules to follow, like online times, gear and such .. not everyone can keep up with it , not even real oldtimers. Also, people tend to ignore soc´s if the get "unwanted" invites for example .. i´d run fast as hell... and not to forget .. it is RCE, when i am supposed to go on Team/Soc hunts i need to trust people - and that is nowadays almost impossible .. besides some very good friends which i know for 15 years .. i trust people only so far as i can throw them ;P

my2pec

Deus Vult is a pretty chill soc. probably half the reason i still play is just chatting with friends there. no special requirements. people from every time zone in the world. i'm american but two of my favorite people in the soc are danish and australian

A lot of weird assumptions here..
"people are scared of joinings society",
"they seem its the worst thing in the game" etc.

I don't think anyone is scared and not thinking about SOCs as something terrible. People play this game in different ways.
For me, currently there is no benefit of joining soc but I can see some cons so why should I do it? Maybe it will change in the future.

Pros: I get so power hungry I start a cult following to have people give me TWEN tokens for a “chance” for a gun or a “ share” in an unlicensed company.

Con: I lose credibility I never had

Joining a society or playing as a freelancer... has nothing to do with being scared, it's a personal choice.

Back