Why is Entropia IRC address a censored word now?

Status
I do agrea that the level of censorship here is now a bit to hight.
Its does not create anything good , just give even more point to those that complain about evrything.

I do understand a big forum need to have rules and som deleted post to avoid the big flame war and the bad ambiance those things made.

But i dont agrea to delette most evrything that we are not 100% agrea with...

We now have forum war , with one side :
- stupid EF mod against evrything and delette evrything that dont say " MA is great"

- stupid entropia reality that just pee on evrything and only have conspiracy and lame flame war,bash evryone...

This situation is total dumb and go out of control.

Both forum are private , both can do what they wish , censor what they whant , alow what they whant.
But , from human historie , when a "good censor system" go to far , 100% of time a group of "anti-evrything" is created , and come with extremist shit...
Both camp go extremist in they stupidy , and it finaly just create war and zillion death...

IMHO , evryone should be abel to expose his opignion here.Lot people should be less hypocrit (it would be nice MA try to be less asshole and stop black list people that speak their mind),and lot people should just whine after evrything.

There a fair middle , its up to evryone to improve the things.But for sure , zellous moderating system wont help.

Its maybe time , som try to think a bit before posting "flame shit" as soon as it is possible , and som other , try to delette a bit less evrything that dont go in their agenda.

Right now , i dont feel confortible in any forum.
in one i dont whant bother to post , becose evrything is deletted , in other , i dont whant to post because i will be flamed to not say and think exactly as them.

IMHO both place are full of the same stupid nazi , that not respect diference.
They just censor what other think a diferent way...
But at the end of the day , result is same , they just try to control what you think , and whant you to become same sheep as them in the same system.

I dont whant to be forced to become a "pro MA ass licker" , but i dont whant a "stupid MA basher"...
I am freeminded , and i whant to stay that way.

Etopia
i left this forum some months ago and have only recently been reading up on the banfest and deletions that have happened.

i see your comment that ER "pee on evrything and only have conspiracy and lame flame war,bash evryone..."

have you been there?
yes the old ER was that way but the new one is starting to develop trading, newbie, humor, soc chat, etc
and there is no deletion.
there is little moderation.

things are open to be discussed freely and free of censorship of "foul language" or anything else offensive.
if you are offended say so...to the person who offended you.

that is how it works over there.

it is a forum for everyone to speak their mind, no matter what it is.

EF has been a place of good information but that seems to be all it is now.
only the old guides and posts. the new ones which are discussion worthy seem to be deleted.

i dont know why. i've been away to long, but i'm not sure i'll be back as an avid member.

after these thoughts i may be banned myself. who knows.
but the consensus seems to be that EF has had a crackdown that nobody wants but those who speak against it are reprimanded or even banned for something they said on the other forum.

my guess is that there will be no word from 711 or Neo or whoever runs this place nowadays *like i said i've been away and i've seen both those names mentioned*

Last edited:
2 forums 2 visions

One of them is close to a television channel with its adversting and where people can phone and tell their opinion moderated from a good journalist. A nice pink world I would say.

The other is close at a square or a octagon if you prefer, everyone can say his truth or his shit, all the other can honestly judge or muddy the poster. The poster will defend himself if care it otherwise can shut up.

Etopia
i left this forum some months ago and have only recently been reading up on the banfest and deletions that have happened.

i see your comment that ER "pee on evrything and only have conspiracy and lame flame war,bash evryone..."

have you been there?
yes the old ER was that way but the new one is starting to develop trading, newbie, humor, soc chat, etc
and there is no deletion.
there is little moderation.

things are open to be discussed freely and free of censorship of "foul language" or anything else offensive.
if you are offended say so...to the person who offended you.

that is how it works over there.

it is a forum for everyone to speak their mind, no matter what it is.

I read that forum since long enought to know what is inside...
People who impersonate other , using IRL pics and put hitler beard on the pics are not imho nice people to speak with.It just show how untolerate they are...
You can reply to people there , i agrea , but as soon as you say something that may be nice , you have 10 people insulting you...
Respect of eatch other... noo , that not respect.
I dont feel respected as a human beeing when people start a post with STFU and continue with the name of the bird that dont fly...

In the actual state of that forum i would prefer to back stab my ass with an overgrow banana than post something there.

Free speach dont mean you can insult evryone around at will , that mean evryone can discuss open minded what they think...

I am not against discution and arguing , but insult , fake quote , inpersonating... are not the kind of things i do see as a way to to open a nice discution.

For final word , i do know those post and even that thread will de deleted here.

Just as lame as guetting insulted in entropia reality.

yes and ER is working on that.
I am sorry for the staff there that the only thing the site is known for is a flamefest.
but many of the members here are members there.

and its not all flaming
its not all hateful

and such restructuring is in progress.
things are underway to make it something other than "all out flames"

but that only comes with active members who discuss things rather than speak their aggression and hate towards a certain person.

it is basically a new forum blooming at the moment.
the one here almost seems to be dying. almost as if being choked....

perhaps the mod staff should take to heart the fact that this is 5 pages long and an active discussion and hasnt brought the site down without moderation.

likely without their knowledge at this point.
when somebody has power *even so much as moderation powers* it is always good to listen to concerns of the people other than silence them and ignore them.
such only causes abandonment or uprising.

So, the Entropia IRC network address, whose members basically founded EF now became a censored word here. How come, mr. Neomaven? Trying to control the media as best you can?

Firstly, the members of Entropia IRC did not "found" EntropiaForum. Most of the active members there were in fact banned in the early days of EF for excessively rude behavior, and few of those who are not banned have not made substantial contributions to EF (with the exception of Skam).

Secondly, a large portion of the discussion on IRC consists of immature and extremely rude and vulgar attacks against EF, and its moderators and admins, along with any members who are in any way positive about EntropiaUniverse. In many instances in the past, members on IRC have conceived and discussed "attacks" against EF and it's members, then create fake accounts here on the forum to berate our members and staff. All of this before any promotional threads for IRC were ever edited or removed.

The mission of EntropiaForum is to provide an effective, useful and mature and civil medium to discuss and share information about EntropiaUniverse.
Why then should it be allowed to promote a medium such as entropiachat.net IRC, many of whose members, in the main chat channel (#EntropiaUniverse) undermine and attack the mission of this website so directly and repeatedly?

In the past, EF has had a very good relationship with the IRC admins. However, now it seems that there has been a change in administration there, and the attitude and goals there now are quite contrary to those of EntropiaForum.

I am willing to chat privately with the current IRC admins to see how these issues might be resolved, please contact me via PM or the contact link at the bottom of any forum page.

As for "that other forum", given the nature of the filth and extreme rudeness, sexist, and racist content found there, I will not allow any promotion or discussion of that website here on EntropiaForum.

thank you 711 for making an appearance and stating why it happened.
from what i've heard one of the biggest discontents is that many controversial threads are deleted with no resolve.

refreshing

yes and ER is working on that.
I am sorry for the staff there that the only thing the site is known for is a flamefest.
but many of the members here are members there.

and its not all flaming
its not all hateful

and such restructuring is in progress.
things are underway to make it something other than "all out flames"

but that only comes with active members who discuss things rather than speak their aggression and hate towards a certain person.

it is basically a new forum blooming at the moment.
the one here almost seems to be dying. almost as if being choked....

perhaps the mod staff should take to heart the fact that this is 5 pages long and an active discussion and hasnt brought the site down without moderation.

likely without their knowledge at this point.
when somebody has power *even so much as moderation powers* it is always good to listen to concerns of the people other than silence them and ignore them.
such only causes abandonment or uprising.

First do the job , then come back to say you are not only about that.
I think less than 5% of post there are information when 95% is just flame war , conspiracy , hating , delation , and judge evryone for evrything , but for sure , nothing fair.

Still its lame to "ban" a IRC chat adress becose we find there same ashole as ER.
Fact is , all those asshole play EU , and so far we havent ban EU from this forum.

Hi,

seems old IRC channel is meant to sink in oblivion, at least from forum owner here.

After all we have now his shiny new EF chat, where login on this site is required and where you need popup blockers disabled to have full functionality. See here. At the moment I see no popups, though.

This way it's made sure anybody banned here will not be able to be heard by EF members, and any reference to the place where this forum once was created (AFAIK) is auto-censored.

This smells not good.

Neomaven, I gave you credit when you came here in questionable manner. Remember?

Now I see I was wrong. You have lost any respect or credibility. I'm very sad about this forum, because it was a nice place once, and there used to be a lot of nice ppl here. Many of them have been banned meanwhile.

There are alternatives, and I strongly hope that one of them will take the place that EF once had, soon.

Have fun, all of you!

why you all going off topic about E.R.?
yeh shure people from warants are gonna get accused of shit on there, imo that's just cus they wouldent be able to do that here and fancy a little flame war. if you ain't done nothing wrong and you know it that's all that matters imo , not what somone sayed on a interweb site.

me thaught that this thread was about the irc thow:dunce:
no one ever hangs out on ef chat... dont see why the irc adress should be a sensored link... i mean ok it isn't part of or owned by the same people that own ef but that dont make it a bad channel...:confused:

dosent anyone learn
the best way to make conspiricys and spike interest in a subject
is to ban it and deny it ever happend

take relax by frankie goes to hollywood or driller killer or
any of dozens of other examples of banned things "that usualy turn
out to be crap" but are instantly compulsive veiwing and a must see

or is this all a bit obvious an im missin sompthing here lol

some times peple need to express their concernes and if other parties
feel the need not to defend themselvs fine
but please dont delete posts just because they ask a valid question

hell if someone accuses me of playin eu wearing a tutu an a feather boa i dont care "its only a game" anyway i only wear em on tuesdays :p

Last edited:
First do the job , then come back to say you are not only about that.
I think less than 5% of post there are information when 95% is just flame war , conspiracy , hating , delation , and judge evryone for evrything , but for sure , nothing fair.

Still its lame to "ban" a IRC chat adress becose we find there same ashole as ER.
Fact is , all those asshole play EU , and so far we havent ban EU from this forum.

the changes took place earlier today to add those subforums.
and there is no reason to "first do the job"

it is an offer to any and everyone to go there just the same as here.

Dr. Martin Luther King said he had a dream.
did those fucks tell him to come back once he had accomplished it?

people joined his cause and helped him grow it.

i'm not saying that what we are trying to do there is on par with him, but it is the same concept. when you have hopes for something it is almost insulting to have an asshole like yourself say to "first do the job"
we are trying. the job however is to recruit more members, expand our forums with knowledge of gameplay and perhaps even real life, and to have no fears of repercussions, bannage or censorship

ehhhhmmm ?? ok this is kind of funny. i think this have gone to far up now with all this crap you all writing in here.

i see one person wants to be better then some other and so on hehe yea i need to crack a beer to finish reading all stupid post like war, flaming......

better to grove up and get a nice cold beer and kebab pizza and play some PE/EU and have fun loosing some more peds.

yea yea have a nice kid talk and gl people.

Regards Hummel

ER is not necessarly bad as inherent nature, is just an effect similar to a presurized baloon. After you acumulate things which you can't say in one place you go and tell them in other place.

I can have mature discussions there (check EULA related, f ex).

Is really simple. Since we have a place of plain info (guides & stuff) on EF and wiki, is normal that controversy go there. Why would anyone bother to make yet another guide for weapons after the bazzilions existant? (most of them before EF).

About apprectiation about IRC, Neomaven, you're simply lying. Or, more exactly, missrepresent the truth.

IRC contribution in development of game itself shouldn't be underestimated. Evolution is natural, underestimating primarly stages ain't.

One more thing.

Ppl claim that you bought an avatar, Neomaven. I know that too. As in 99%, I let 1% doubt any time. What you did? Ban left and right on the subject. It serves nothing as image. More smart would have been no comment, because, here I agree, nobody can come public and say "ye I bought this one" because officially MA forbiddens trading avatars but unofficially they allow it, for certain reasons (avoiding massive withdrawals being one of them).

This example illustrates the perfect innofensive info (rly, what advantage could anyone have from knowing that you own the specific avatar) which made subject of a.. uhm.. stupid campaign of banning.

Again, regarding IRC, please be more reserved, by insults you only strengthen the opposite side, if we accept the notions of opposite sides, a grain too much imo.

As for "that other forum", given the nature of the filth and extreme rudeness, sexist, and racist content found there, I will not allow any promotion or discussion of that website here on EntropiaForum.

Hmm, this seems a lttle low, even for you.

Could you please provide (through PM if you want) links to the alleged 'racist' comments?

Or retract this statement.

Yes, there is a fair amount (maybe more than fair amount) of sexist, sexual and downright rude comments on ER, but that is because freed from the constraints of this forum, people have gone a bit daft. It will calm down.

A change is in the wind. The ER forum has been altered in its structure and much more constructive and truthful posts are now emerging without the inappropriate self-serving administration that occurs here on EF.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the information that is posted on EF, but ER offers a refreshing change to the suffocating restrictions, lies, propaganda, nepetism, deletetd post etc that occurs on EF every day.

All people want is a place to go where they can express their frustrations, pleasures, anger, joy. A place where people can be themselves and discuss the game and elements of its play / cheating any way they wish. Any adult can tell the difference between someone shooting off shite and someone with a genuine greivance. We do not need to be 'nannied'

Whilst I do not agree and with any deletions of posts, any brushing under the carpet of important issues, any hiding or twisting of facts to protect friends I will support your right to do it as this is your pram and you are perfectly entitled to throw your toys out any time you wish.

Just don't expect many people to be here to witness it.

In many instances in the past, members on IRC have conceived and discussed "attacks" against EF and it's members, then create fake accounts here on the forum to berate our members and staff.

lol

srry but its funny seeing u talking about irc peeps using fake accounts when YOU use fake accounts on irc to lurk and log the chat, and a fake account on ER to read the posts

pot->kettle ... ?

its this blatant double standards that imo has lost u and ur soc a lot of credability IMO

and who appointed you as the guardian of all eu players?

if ppl wanna go there, cool, if they dont, cool, a mature adult can read and work out pretty fast whats crap and whats not. but ur reaction here and fast banning of known players just enforces the rumors on the other site and again looses u credability

pls put a end to this war u wanna wage with any site/channel thats not under ur control

Since everything even remotely resembling critisism gets deleted, and the authors of it banned here at EF, I would agree with you stryker - go visit this site...

Sure, a lot of questionable things are said over there, but at least it allows for a discussion about them.

For example, a video recently spread about another member of warants, where it looked like he was using a bot to sweat. This was discussed over there, and instead of it being deleted, the person in question came over and gave his point of view about it. By doing so he managed to convince everyone exept the most manic warant-haters that it wasnt true.

Just think how much discussion/flaming/banning could have been avoided if Neomaven would have just denied the allegations about him buying and owning a 2nd avatar, said "that's ridiculous, I would never do that, its against the rules of EU", and locked the topic instead of instantly deleting everything and going on a banningspree to remove anyone speaking out against him...

I understand your view, and yet if I tried to defend myself against all my fans over there I wouldn't have another spare minute the rest of my life. So instead I choose to stay away from that site, rather than validate it by joining.

Anyone that wants any story can come to me, or the parties in which I "scammed". I dont think many scammers would say that?

lol

srry but its funny seeing u talking about irc peeps using fake accounts when YOU use fake accounts on irc to lurk and log the chat, and a fake account on ER to read the posts

pot->kettle ... ?

its this blatant double standards that imo has lost u and ur soc a lot of credability IMO

Here you are wrong. First of all, silently reading, compared to actively flaming and attacking is quite two different things, so there are no "double standards" as you claim.

and who appointed you as the guardian of all eu players?
In now way am I trying to be the "guardian" of any one. However, it is my responsibility and duty as administrator of this forum to ensure that any activity that is detrimental to the mission of EntropiaForum (as stated above) is prevented. This includes links to and discussion of websites that are completely counter to the mission of EntropiaForum.

if ppl wanna go there, cool, if they dont, cool, a mature adult can read and work out pretty fast whats crap and whats not.

Very true, but that does not mean that promotion of such sites should be allowed on EntropiaForum.

Here you are wrong. First of all, silently reading, compared to actively flaming and attacking is quite two different things, so there are no "double standards" as you claim.

my point was the use of fake names, not lurking, and u have used quite a few accounts there, but theres no point arguing about it, i just think its hypocritical to say ppl on er use fake names when u do also

Its ur call how u handle things, but imo this course of action is damaging u and ur soc's rep, but tahts none of my concern really

but be aware of the old phrases dont bite off ur nose to spite ur face or dont let the tail wag the dog

I understand your view, and yet if I tried to defend myself against all my fans over there I wouldn't have another spare minute the rest of my life. So instead I choose to stay away from that site, rather than validate it by joining.

Anyone that wants any story can come to me, or the parties in which I "scammed". I dont think many scammers would say that?

Oh plz. You have a way too good image about yourself. Ppl care on this matter as far as a regular monden convo goes. Aside from that, them sleep very well, I'm convinced.

You want to defend yourself, do it, even with a thread here, but don't expect ppl to come to you like to a holy guru to witness the true words(TM).

:yup:
Is it because ER and IRC are not on the MA payroll and are therefore free to do what they want and say what they want? (mere speculation here...)

Censorship is abhorent. We are all adults and can, the majority of the time, sort out what is crap and vindictive from what seems to be genuine and thought provoking.
:yup:

I suggested this about a month ago nutter, that EF is a mere paid poodle of MA and my post has got deleted within seconds of posting, without any explanation, and btw without any trace whatsoever it was ever posted, not even usual mod's comment why it was deleted (no rude words or anything otherwise justifying that over-the-roof censorship was used).

I like EF very much, I really do, it is a great community with great sense of humour, but to its shame, it is run by a small, exclusive clique of mods who dictate others what is right and what is not and apply censorship far more effective than that of the Fascist Germany :eek:

Also took screenshot, just in case ;)

I'm rather amazed that this thread is allowed to continue, as much of the posts are personal attacks against the forum owner. If nothing else, that says Neo being professional rather than being egotistic, but nonetheless giving the image of a stiff-necked Nazi to those of you who take freedom of speech to the very extreme. I have visited the irc channel and website in discussion a while ago and while I'm not up-to-date on their current status, there is quite a lot of material strictly prohibited by EF rules. If nothing else, it is understandable that Neo does not permit the advertising of sources of material not allowed on EF, be it to adhere to the rules he created or protect himself from possible repercussions from allowing it.

I took a look at that Entropia Reality site and it seems that both forums have their flaws. In my opinion this one is a little too censored because of self interest, but that's ok. The other forum has some good "underground" information but it's hard to tell what is truth and what is speculation because of the hostile and sometimes immature nature of the site.

This forum has a mission statement that clearly justifies it's censorship. It is meant to be a clean and respectable medium for conveying information about Entropia Universe, and sometimes hostility, truthful or not, can damage EF's reputation. This website is also a profitable business for the owner, so obviously he is going to do whatever is needed to keep it profitable and running effectively. Both forums are in existence for a reason, so use them both as they are intended, but keep an open mind. Neither of them are perfect. The fact that 711 is letting this thread stay open says a lot about the actual intent of EF, contrary to what many people think.

This makes me think of an asian dictatore country which the goverment does everything in its power to make it look like its the happies place on earth but in the background its far from it.

as MA do not give out any information and doing changes that effects ppl in a bad or a good way, ppl starts to think about whats going on. Then ppl need to express their feelings and that is best done in a forum like this. If then, the forum is deleting and banning ppl because of MAs way of running a game, ppl will become angry and change to a place where they can talk about it.

so, if EF want to keep its members, you got to give som zlack about what ppl want to talk about

I took a look at that Entropia Reality site and it seems that both forums have their flaws. In my opinion this one is a little too censored because of self interest, but that's ok. The other forum has some good "underground" information but it's hard to tell what is truth and what is speculation because of the hostile and sometimes immature nature of the site.

This forum has a mission statement that clearly justifies it's censorship. It is meant to be a clean and respectable medium for conveying information about Entropia Universe, and sometimes hostility, truthful or not, can damage EF's reputation. This website is also a profitable business for the owner, so obviously he is going to do whatever is needed to keep it profitable and running effectively. Both forums are in existence for a reason, so use them both as they are intended, but keep an open mind. Neither of them are perfect. The fact that 711 is letting this thread stay open says a lot about the actual intent of EF, contrary to what many people think.

Thanks for seeing things in a reasonable and thoughtful manner.

However I should point out one misconception in your post: EF is not a "profitable business" as you stated. In fact, EF runs at a net loss each month, despite the various income streams: Premium membership, EF Adspace ads, Google ads, etc. This also does not count the considerable time I spend working on the forum (both moderating and adding/refining new features), nor does it count the initial acquisition cost.

In short, I do not run EF for profit, I run it because I have the means to support such a valuable community resource, and ensure that it grows along with EntropiaUniverse, and will always be able to accomodate an ever expanding user base.

Even if you show the downsides, it is still respectfull.
Actualy the lack of showing the not so sunny side was the reason I lost some of that respect.

711 said:
Thanks for seeing things in a reasonable and thoughtful manner.

I am sorry to say, but I miss such reply's on the not so happy post from members.
Especialy if they are reasonable and in a thoughtful manner.
Instead I see the topic closed/removed, personaly I find that a shame.

711 said:
In short, I do not run EF for profit, I run it because I have the means to support such a valuable community resource, and ensure that it grows along with EntropiaUniverse, and will always be able to accomodate an ever expanding user base.

My respect and a noble thing, no doubt.
However if you want to run a valuable source, than you have to accept that not all in EU is paradise.
And you should show/alow the community see that to.
If you want to keep it "clean", no problem.
Just weed out the extreme reply's than, but removing the topic is not a solution.

Regards.

Guess I need more coffee or something but has the main question been answered and cleared yet?

Guess I need more coffee or something but has the main question been answered and cleared yet?

from what i gather its cause they made fun of stryker :scratch2:

Yes, this is why you should read the entire thread. One side of the story states that the IRC chat became a harsh medium that conflicted with the interests of EF and specifically attacked it, so EF did not want to be in any way affiliated with it. The other side states that specific content on the IRC chat conflicted with the interests of the EF owner and his society personally.

i think that is the best thing i have seen said on this topic.

and thanks for allowing this discussion to continue here at ef. i think discussion of the current state of the forums including entropia irc benefits the community, largely.

Last edited:
Status
Back