Why is Entropia IRC address a censored word now?

Status
irc.entropiachat.net

*Bloodstar pokes his head into this conversation*
Holy SNIT!!!!
*Bloodstar runs away back to ER for comfort*

EEK...I read the first post and then I get this:

{DELETED}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 711 : 08-22-2007 at 12:52 PM.

no reason mentioned for deleting things from now on? :(

why was it deleted? :dunno:

So, the Entropia IRC network address, whose members basically founded EF now became a censored word here. How come, mr. Neomaven? Trying to control the media as best you can?

First it is removed from links and replaced with EFchat, now the address become consored. Bad move, you're only hurting yourself with this.

{DELETED}

Last edited:
EEK...I read the first post and then I get this:

{DELETED}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 711 : 08-22-2007 at 12:52 PM.

no reason mentioned for deleting things from now on? :(

why was it deleted? :dunno:
Because neo is hired by the Chinese government (in cooperation with MindArk) to censor out evil thoughts and influences as a part of the deal MA made with China. And the irc chat is full of such bad influences! Yes! That must be it! :confused::scratch2:

;)

Because neo is hired by the Chinese government (in cooperation with MindArk) to censor out evil thoughts and influences as a part of the deal MA made with China. And the irc chat is full of such bad influences! Yes! That must be it! :confused::scratch2:

;)

Money talks, bullshit walks and banned words flock ...s :laugh:

This is the result of making moderation more strict (kinda ironic that's the reason this forum exists in the first place but that's another story). I'm not posting a lot anymore, since I'm not playing actively and I didn't like the lack of discussion emerging. I do lurk though and I think there's a problem with too few people (who aren't even competitors) controlling a too high portion of the media concerning PE and supported by MA (for some reason not all forums get the same treatment) in my opinion. It's nice and ok they achieved this and I'm sure they want to best for PE/community so no one to blame there. But I do think MA is to blame and finally has to take some responsibility and have their own forum again, it's a RCE game with all hot topics related after all. Basically what Marco (and the new guys I don't know) always did/do is just follow the biggest part of the community around, always leaving some people uncatered. To say it a bit blunt: the situation now is if you want access to all info regarding PE/MA and official MA posters you better make sure you don't offend the EF moderator team. It's unbelievable and unfair imo that MA lets such a small group of people, no matter how good the intention are, who officially have no relation with MA afaik, control the access of paying costumers to MA information and standpoints. I've heard the 'it's only additional info' or whatever argument before but let's face it, if you want all ins and outs about MA's position in certain fields you have to be here. Get your own forum MA, pay some fulltime mods and take responsablity!

Things like posting a goodbye thread like a moderator against your own rules or covering up lies and get caught are of course silly and hypocrite, but no reason to all grab your torches and start a riot imo. Draw your conclusions or decide it's only human and move on.

WB Pinky hugz.

I agree mostly in part with everything you said luv... but I personally feel some things said by 711 were biased and not exactly accurate.. (no I will not call them lies) anyone can be wrong but think what they say is right... doesn't make them a liar... but it does make them wrong... some of what has been said here is based on mistaken assumptions on all sides... possibly lies of omission by all sides.. I'm not honestly sure of everything said....so I will try not be too self-righteous. But what I have read so far makes it all seem like everyone had an axe to grind and threw good sense out the window... I do agree that 711 had an issue to deal with and did so as the TOS dictated... but then.. " I was just following orders" has been an excuse for many a bad thing in the past... I just think a mediated response on all sides may have worked out better than things had.....I hope regardless of reasons this sort of thing never happens again.. and as for this.. neo Vix thing... that's between neomaven and whomever... sure.. TOS says no second avatars but I know lots of people do have them... so just cause he's neomaven.. neither makes it right.. or any more wrong than everyone else who has 2 avatars ....and complains cause HE has 2 as well. it's like that rule of not using clickers... but then crafters do and it's almost always overlooked.... so just let it go I say....

I hope I'm not offending anyone... but I just had to voice my own opinion.. right or wrong.

It is really simple. This forum has 3871678967176515642 rules that back up eachother.

For example: you cannot whine, bla bla (get a locked thread or a temp ban, basically you are being told to stfu), then you got the "you are not allowed to criticise the administration of the forum, bla, bla"
I mean why shouldnt we be allowed to do that since many members on this forum already pay some $$$ for modiefied/adjusted whatever membership, not to mention the google adds. And on top of that all the amount of information that is monopolised in here. Money AND information...good deal, isnt it?

But, much like the communism, there has to be severe censorship. Now we are banning words and the IRC adress, before we banned people that werent on the dictator's liking...

Oh, btw, MindBusted, this post IS on topic, so I would appreciate if you and neomaven aka 711 wont delete any of my post.
If you ban me for sharing my oppinion then this place is a lost cause and neomaven/711 is just a power-hungry sad man...

It is really simple. This forum has 3871678967176515642 rules that back up eachother.

For example: you cannot whine, bla bla (get a locked thread or a temp ban, basically you are being told to stfu), then you got the "you are not allowed to criticise the administration of the forum, bla, bla"

The rules of this forum are not arbitrary, but have evolved based on behaviors that have tended to disrupt and distract the forum from its mission: to provide an effective, enjoyable, constructive, informative, and civil place to discuss EntropiaUniverse. Once a particular type of activity or behavior shows a pattern of undermining that mission, a rule is adopted. When joining EntropiaForum, all members agree to abide by the forum rules.

I mean why shouldnt we be allowed to do that since many members on this forum already pay some $$$ for modiefied/adjusted whatever membership, not to mention the google adds. And on top of that all the amount of information that is monopolised in here. Money AND information...good deal, isnt it?

EntropiaForum is a free website. Paying for a premium membership does not give some members more rights than others with regard to the forum rules.

But, much like the communism, there has to be severe censorship. Now we are banning words and the IRC adress, before we banned people that werent on the dictator's liking...

If you had read this thread, you would know that the IRC address is not censored, and only was temporarily blocked to prevent spamming by malicious individuals who created multiple fake accounts.

The only time someone is banned from EntropiaForum is because of intentional and repeated violation of the forum rules. The admins and moderators of EF make every effort to enforce the forum rules fairly and evenly.

Oh, btw, MindBusted, this post IS on topic, so I would appreciate if you and neomaven aka 711 wont delete any of my post.
If you ban me for sharing my oppinion then this place is a lost cause and neomaven/711 is just a power-hungry sad man...

Actually, most of your post has little to do with the thread topic, and (intentionally) violates several of the forum rules. As you can see, I have not edited or deleted your post, nor have you been banned, but have chosen instead to address your concerns.

I believe my responses in this post (and in others) on these issues are quite clear. However, if you wish to further discuss the administration of this website, contact me via PM.

If you choose to intentionally ignore the forum rules and create a new thread or post regarding your disagreement with how EntropiaForum is administrated, you will be temp banned (as other repeat and intentional violators have been in the past). As I said above, the forum rules are applied fairly and evenly.

Also, since the original topic of this thread has been a non-issue for several months now, it wil be closed.

If any member desires additional information, feel free to contact me or MindBuster.

:locked:

Status
Back