Why is this allowed?

Status
No response to emails to Investor Relations or David Simmonds as of yet. :wise:

Thanks for the update... Waits patiently and grabs another beer...:beerchug:

Exactly, and ... I don't think it was the Next Island NPC that was running around here on ROCKtropia either.

I find it interesting that some seem to want to gloss over the facts and call it a witch hunt.

How do you argue with picture proof? :scratch2:

I have not and will not argue with evidence. I will though argue when false evidence is presented, and that is what I was doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt said:
A witch-hunt is a search for witches or evidence of witchcraft, often involving moral panic, mass hysteria and lynching, but in historical instances also legally sanctioned and involving official witchcraft trials.

As I understand it this thread was for the discussion of if/when/what there should be/are rules for planet partners and their friends, family, employees playing in the game.
In fact it has turned into a Character Trial for the owner of a planet meeting all the description of a witch hunt(moral panic, mass hysteria and lynching,) including multiple instances of false evidence and hearsay.

The point you quoted me on MS9 was about island girl on next island.
I was merely pointing out that quotes like,

read some article and posts in the forums that Island Girl, one of the main avatars the Memorial Island was suppossed to be memorializing, is now an active second avatar of Neverdie and is healing people on Next Island...? Guess if there's nothing to memorialize anymore, the island itself should be taken off the map? Not sure how respectful it is to use a deceased's avatar in that way, but the article said something about a spa being one of her dreams and now it's true with Next Island, so there might be more to the story. I thought it was a violation of eula to use a second avatar, but I guess if you have enough money in game, it's possible for the rules to change in direct proportion to the amount of money you are blowing in game (even if most of that money is coming from stuff like selling an asteroid just so you can close one club in your name and open another one where you are an actual planet partner and not just an estate owner)?

are a misleading presentation of false evidence by someone who is actively posting in this thread. I acknowledged that there are valid points in this thread that need to be addressed but that by presenting false evidence to "strengthen" your case, you in fact weaken it by the transparency of your motivation.

I stated early on in this thread that it was just flame bait which is apparent by the page of deleted threads before this one. (I missed out on the particulars of that argument)

Despite my disagreement with the radical views presented in this thread, I believe that there are some core elements of this discussion that are important which is why I am following it and pointing out the flaws in arguments so that the truth can be seen through all the smoke. (despite my reduction in the all holy 'rep' system :p )

narfi

I have not read all posts, so i apologise if this has been stated

There is absolutely no way that any employee of a planet partner can have a private avatar, cause of inside info aka insider trading.

If people cannot understand why, here is a simple reason why, there are more, but if you don't get it from this, you never will

When MA took black paint out of the tt
Insider= buys up a shed load of tt black paint before vu....worth tt lets say 100k peds worth of it
After vu, availability of Black paint massively decreased as no longer available in the tt
Insider sells 100k peds of tt black paint for 1000% which is now worth 1million peds

I am not sure of the percentages, but for the newbies this actually happened. (the removing of black paint from tt)

Now if you cannot see advantages of insider info you never will

There is absolutely no justification for employees to have personal avatars

Rgds

Ace

PS i hope to god this has already been said otherwise my faith in humanity will be lost ;)
PPS this is a none real example by the way, i got confused, orange paint was in the tt, and black clothes were in the tt

\\\\\\\\p

Last edited:
I have not read all posts, so i apologise if this has been stated

There is absolutely no way that any employee of a planet partner can have a private avatar, cause of inside info aka insider trading.

If people cannot understand why, here is a simple reason why, there are more, but if you don't get it from this, you never will

Insider= buys up a shed load of tt black paint before vu....worth tt lets say 100k peds worth of it
After vu, availability of Black paint massively decreased as no longer available in the tt
Insider sells 100k peds of tt black paint for 1000% which is now worth 1million peds

I am not sure of the percentages, but for the newbies this actually happened. (the removing of black paint from tt)

Now if you cannot see advantages of insider info you never will

There is absolutely no justification for employees to have personal avatars

Rgds

Ace

PS i hope to god this has already been said otherwise my faith in humanity will be lost ;)

Paint at TT must have been befor my time I only can remember when MA closed the clothes shops in Hades and the increas in value for their black clothes. But the example of possible COI is still here.

And if it will only be that the developer of the Landscape knows there will be 20 new LA's in next VU so average price per LA most probabely will fall, or a new Shopping mall with 40 boots thereare plentyof ways to abuse a system, especially if you work inside it to start with.

Okay, so very few people here have a legit concern, the rest are either out to burn ND at the stake or try to convince the "witch hunters" of the proper action. I am personally done trying to convince people too contact MA directly about what the rules are. I have contacted MA. If you are reading this and also contacted MA then I implore you to ignore this thread until one of us receives a responce from MA. Until we get that responce we, myself included, are only feeding the flames by providing a target.

I've had a legit concern about this for a very long time. Im not an ND basher in fact I've always enjoyed his faith in the game. Only reason I've posted here is to put a stop to (or bring to light) what could be a very negative perceived aspect to the game and lets face it there are plenty of things people find wrong about EU so why add more fuel to that fire.

So nip it in the bud or be transparent with the rules. Build confidence in your customers....I mean really common its not "f"ing rocket science.

Last edited:
Infinity, you can take off your tin foil hat... :scratch2:

I personally have known Code Monkey for several years and I can 100% guarantee that he is in no way (directly or indirectly) associated to, employed by, consultant to, blood relative of, business partner or Neverdie bitch in relation to RT/NI/Neverdie/Jon Jacobs/Neverdie Studios.

Just the facts Ma'am... :eyecrazy:

Forgive me if I am missing something obvious here but if what you say is true, I am confused about this.

When NI was released, CodeMonkey posted a lot of threads on the NI Forum in the Bestiary section - essentially a Next Island version of the very useful Bestiary section of this forum, so a useful resource and one that is to be commended.

Here's the link to the Bestiary section on the NI forum:

http://www.nextislandlife.com/bestiary/

Great work there CodeMonkey, I'm sure this will be a very useful resource.

However I am confused about the thread in the Bestiary about Portal Guardians. As many people will know, there are mobs on NI which are for some reason bugged and known as ??? rather than having a proper mob name. Luckily CodeMonkey was able to post a thread telling us that these mobs were in fact called Portal Guardians, which you can find here:

http://www.nextislandlife.com/bestiary/388-portal-guardians.html

As far as I know, these mobs are still known in-game as ??? and have never been referred to as Portal Guardians. The only way to know that they should be called Portal Guardians is the thread posted by CodeMonkey.

I wonder how he knew that they should be called Portal Guardians :scratch2:

Perhaps it was just a guess, or some kind of premonition... if he didn't have some sort of inside info from ND Studios then I'm not sure what other explanation there could be.

Since CodeMonkey denies involvement with ND Studios, I can only conclude that he is some kind of prophetic savant, so perhaps we should give his posts more credit than we have done so far.

I wonder how he knew that they should be called Portal Guardians :scratch2:

Their name shows correctly on the carcass. :wise: (though you obviously have no clue about what maturity it was)

Well I can defuse that one, yes when you select it...it says ??? But if one kills you it gives you their real name :)

Last edited:
OK fair enough, I guess that puts that one to rest :D

I wasted a lot of time typing that too :laugh:

OK fair enough, I guess that puts that one to rest :D

I wasted a lot of time typing that too :laugh:

*sigh*, witch hunt on code monkey now? :laugh:

if you want to know anything about me come to next island where im usualy hanging out, and you can ask me in virtual person.

Actually what Oleg just did points to what I've been saying all along.

It doesn't matter if people are actually using insde information to gain an advantage.

If there is a possibliltiy that people could do it while still being inside the rules (which is the perceived situation now), then even if they are as white as the driven snow and are loved by all; there will always be suspicions raised and brought up in public over and over again.

If EU actually takes off and there are hundreds of thousands of people actually playing the game in a few years, this thread will look very tame in comparison if the issues still exist then.

Eliminate the possiblilty of an unprovable conflict of interest.

As it sits now MA could never prove someone gained by using inside info since they are allowed to interact with the economy with regular avatars. "Maybe they were just lucky" would raise enough doubt to make it impossible to prove anything.

Having the employees/owners who are now playing with regular avatars divest themselves of all real holdings (not banned, sold out) is the only move to stop (or lessen) what I have bolded above.

Obviously this doesn't prevent people from cheating by having secret accounts or accomplices with regular accounts, but at least if they are caught doing it, they will actually be breaking a rule.

It's really simple, and I'm sure no one impacted by this would have a hard time making a decision between keeping their job and playing a video game. Ask Hanne; it sucks, but that's life.

Discoveries are not the issue (no one really cares about them, it's just fluff), loot is not the issue (if anyone were gaming the loot system, it would be with collusion from someone at MA and you would all be fucked anyway), it's not about second avatars (with no first avatar, a second is obviously precluded), it's not about needing real avatars to test the game (any item or system can easily be tested in a segreated part of the server).

It's all about perception and people's reaction to theirs.

Thread back on the true topic now, even if it's not what set it off for the OP.

Notice: No Planet Partner or Mindark owners or employees were harmed in the making of this post.

Last edited:
If there is a possibliltiy that people could do it while still being inside the rules (which is the perceived situation now), then even if they are as white as the driven snow and are loved by all; there will always be suspicions raised and brought up in public over and over again.

It is completely impossible to develop any situation that is 100% devoid of even the hint of cheating.

The difference is mistaken accusations like what just occurred gets explained rather quickly.

It is completely impossible to develop any situation that is 100% devoid of even the hint of cheating.

The difference is mistaken accusations like what just occurred gets explained rather quickly.

I did say "(or lessen)" ;)

answer to ? = $$$

what i want to know....is what is ma thinking while reading this thread...because i know they are.

Whilst the principle is correct the example is wrong.

Black paint was never in the TT.

Orange paint and Basic Storage boxes were for a short time and whilst they were present a number of people happily took advantage of gaining easy and cheap colouring skills by colouring a pile of boxes, selling them to the TT, then buying a new batch (and more paint).

MA took action and removed both the paint and the boxes from the TT.

It was an obvious error and anyone who sat down and actually thought about the situation would conclude that MA was going to do something to fix it.

- Deathifier

That may be true, but that doesn't mean we (they) shouldn't make every effort to reduce the possibility and/or perception.

I think we already debunked this facile point earlier in the thread - a law against murder doesn't stop murders from happening, but I prefer to have a law saying that murder is illegal rather than accepting that murder is fine and we should just accept it and not worry about punishing those who commit it.

Black paint never was in TT , they was looted , and they was very rare , same for white...

Insider info would have make someone buy tons of black clothe though.

Something strange about black , is , strangely someone unlocked black color within the 2 week the black paint was remover plus , the bug that alowed people to skill up coloring was fixed at same time ( more than 2 year after it has been reported to MA many time)...

Make your own mind...

Eliminate the possiblilty of an unprovable conflict of interest.

As it sits now MA could never prove someone gained by using inside info since they are allowed to interact with the economy with regular avatars. "Maybe they were just lucky" would raise enough doubt to make it impossible to prove anything.

Having the employees/owners who are now playing with regular avatars divest themselves of all real holdings (not banned, sold out) is the only move to stop (or lessen) what I have bolded above.

Obviously this doesn't prevent people from cheating by having secret accounts or accomplices with regular accounts, but at least if they are caught doing it, they will actually be breaking a rule.[/URL]

I say:

1- Delete the personal Avatars of Planet Partners team.

2- Give Planet Partners a group of "official" Avatars very well known and identified.

3- Monitor the IP address of the Planet Partner to make sure that there is no others than "official" Avatar connecting to Entropia from this IP and do not allow the "officials" to connect from elsewhere outside their studio address.

4- Disables loot, team, trade and drop capacity.

Until then, I'm not going to trust any Planet Partner at all.
To be honest, I really wonder why this is not required on the first day that the partnership is approved.

The only remaining problem would be the inside infos that could be share IRL outside Entropia and the Partners playing with the brothers account in another house.

That would be a very good start I think.

Last edited:
I say:

1- Delete the personal Avatars of Planet Partners team.

2- Give Planet Partners a group of "official" Avatars very well known and identified.

3- Monitor the IP address of the Planet Partner to make sure that there is no others than "official" Avatar connecting to Entropia from this IP and do not allow the "officials" to connect from elsewhere outside their studio address.

4- Disables loot, team, trade and drop capacity.

Until then, I'm not going to trust any Planet Partner at all.
To be honest, I really wonder why this is not required on the first day that the partnership is approved.

The only remaining problem would be the inside infos that could be share IRL outside Entropia.
That would be a very good start I think.
If they do implement a plan like that, they'd need to figure out a way to make the general population do likewise. If IP spoofing was not a problem, it'd probably be easy for them, but proxy servers and technology like that make the issue a lot more difficult, as does the fact that some individuals have multiple people in a household having an avatar... However, maybe this system would be a nice first step in the right direction, especially if they do more steps in the future. Perhaps changing the system so that individual households can only have one "account" and that account might be able to have multiple avatars, each tied to a different gold card, each with different passwords might be one way to handle things at some point in the future... the problem is it'll take a major overhaul of the system if they do that, or anything similar to that in the future - something they should do if they value the real cash economy and want security issues to be handled better in the future... but it'll take a lot of work and time/money on their part to change the system. If we, as a community don't keep pushing them to do something, and give them the ideas of how to do it, things will keep on keeping on the same way as it always has.

Last edited:
Whilst the principle is correct the example is wrong.

Black paint was never in the TT.

Orange paint and Basic Storage boxes were for a short time and whilst they were present a number of people happily took advantage of gaining easy and cheap colouring skills by colouring a pile of boxes, selling them to the TT, then buying a new batch (and more paint).

MA took action and removed both the paint and the boxes from the TT.

It was an obvious error and anyone who sat down and actually thought about the situation would conclude that MA was going to do something to fix it.

- Deathifier

Ahhh buggery bugger, as yourself and etopia pointed out i got a little confused in my example. I think the red wine got in the way last night.

Anyways my point remains the same, just a none real example, well at least close to none real, orange paint lol

Apologies for miss info on my part, i will put an edit at the end of my post

Rgds

Ace

Ahhh buggery bugger, as yourself and etopia pointed out i got a little confused in my example. I think the red wine got in the way last night.

Anyways my point remains the same, just a none real example, well at least close to none real, orange paint lol

Apologies for miss info on my part, i will put an edit at the end of my post

Well there is no shortage of examples, you just picked one that wasn't quite correct :)

Even recently there is a good one - Tiering - knowing about those changes in advance would have been a massive benefit.

That, however, is a change MA made and not a Planet Partner so I am not sure if the Planet Partners had any sort of advance info regarding it.

- Deathifier

That, however, is a change MA made and not a Planet Partner so I am not sure if the Planet Partners had any sort of advance info regarding it.

- Deathifier

it was marco that told us about tiering far before it was released.. but.. to say he was very dry with the details would be an understatement. anyway.. he did know about it ahead of time but he also shared it with the community ahead of time.. the "second item" requirement would have been the key info at the time though.

it was marco that told us about tiering far before it was released.. but.. to say he was very dry with the details would be an understatement. anyway.. he did know about it ahead of time but he also shared it with the community ahead of time.. the "second item" requirement would have been the key info at the time though.

Marco also said 5 years ago vehilces are coming so euh good inside info that is =)

*no offense to Marco*

Marco also said 5 years ago vehilces are coming so euh good inside info that is =)

*no offense to Marco*

hehe true enough.. but that does open up the conversation that planet partners are also requesting features to be implemented by MA. which in itself creates the inside information problem on a vast scale. - ; )

What the flying fuck is wrong with half of you?
Really.
Flinging mud at a dead woman, simply because someone wants to keep her memory alive?
Fuckin sick.

Not only that remember NEVERDIE started out just like anyone else.
He should be booted from the community just because he made it.

Fuck you all.

Andy.

Apologies for the double post but remove my account from Planet Calypso Forums please.

Had enough of this shit.

Thank you for your thoughts Sapien.

However, I thought your post was a bit rushed and banal.

Would you like to comment further, expanding upon your thoughts, on the ongoing discussion on the planet Partner Player COI?

Apologies for the double post but remove my account from Planet Calypso Forums please.

Had enough of this shit.

Waa Waa Waa NEVERDIE, FUCK YEAH

You're such a tool :) Glad to see you can't cope with adult discussion on a topic, rather, you'll go hang out at the kiddy ball-pool that is RTF. CY@~~~~ Mate.

Thank you for your thoughts Sapien.

However, I thought your post was a bit rushed and banal.

Would you like to comment further, expanding upon your thoughts, on the ongoing discussion on the planet Partner Player COI?

My post was direct and to the point and I cannot simply expand further on it,

So far this post has ripped into somone for trying to help expand the universe,
And he automatically uses the right to play?
Tries to keep his lost mrs avatar alive perhapse for some memory?

And you lynch him?

Why?

Is everyone Jealous of him?

It's sick,

And as long as FPC allow this thread to continue it will only continue to damage the reputation of Entropia universe further,

Not to mention destroy the reputation of a hard working individual who enjoys the game.

It absolutly sickens me.

Close this, No DELETE this thread.

Enough is enough.

I think most people replying to this thread are trying to get answers to a very real issue, COI. Not to throw stones at ND or Tina.

Status
Back