Why isn't Calypso being marketed

Same here... actually the longer these estate bugs go on, the more videos I'll put out on youtube that discourage people from participating...

A bug filled piece of software and cliffhangers that are never ended (ahh, the egg) is not a great thing... :eyecrazy:

Ahh, the estate bugs.

If you own both it makes no difference to you which one they go to. You profit either way.

Well that was my point. Mcdonald's is it's own organization, while Taco Bell and KFC are brands that are owned by the Yum group.

In other words, Mcdonald's competes with Yum restaurants for market share. So giving discounts to KFC at a Mickey D's wouldn't be a very good strategy for Ronald the clown.

I might be kind of nitpicking the facts a little bit, but I'm just trying to make sure we're on the same page here. Calypso and Planet Michael owned by SEE is just like KFC and Taco Bell owned by Yum. While Mcdonalds would be more like Arkadia.

I find it funny comparing EU to fast food. It tastes good, but it's not good for you... :laugh:

I don't quite get what happened with Harbinger? A few cool unlimited weapons dropped, the storyline went nowhere and the event just stopped with no conclusion. Which brings me to the Book of the Machine.......what happens now?

Not enough time spent on storyline, too much time on plants and complex architecture! I just hope the next update has the old systems back!

Bjorn
What, when did it stop? I saw a hof on Harbinger Iota today or yesterday on the list...

A full power marketing campaign like WOW or Call of Duty did, would bring a LOT of new customers, but also it would bring a lot unwanted attention from governements or lawenforcers that could regard this game as gambling.

I know they could win a lawsuit about this gambling element but I think FPC was too chicken about it.
Maybe the new owners have more balls, and maybe the new owners can work out a way with MA to balance this game a little better so people can play this with average returns any better than 60-70% on hunts or mining trips and actually make this game really any different from a slot machine.

Ive seen this game developing since 2002 and although its getting a little more crowded, its real potential lays in a MUCH larger playerbase. Imagin crowded shopping malls and 10.000ths of potential buyers...

A full power marketing campaign like WOW or Call of Duty did, would bring a LOT of new customers, .

But also a lot of Ped eager newbies that only want to earn peds. We have trouble with that already. They all think they can be uber in a month and earn millions of peds in a day.

So euh ...... bit more marketing yeah. TV ads ... no :)

But also a lot of Ped eager newbies that only want to earn peds. We have trouble with that already. They all think they can be uber in a month and earn millions of peds in a day.

I rather drawn in ped eager newbies from whom a certain amount of long term players will evolve, than see the game evantually die of lack of players. :cool:
You can always escape the nubs by going to hard to reach places or make some large towns pvp :laugh:

an ad campaign would be awesome IF they bring back the old stuff first, and fix all the "known" bugs and other problems that keep going and going and going longer then the energizer bunny ever could.

Last edited:
I struggled to understand the missing marketing activities for a few years now; I even through a chain of emails ending up with their (MA) Marketing Manager (at the time).

I didn't try to have them answer as to why no mass-campaigns, as I knew it would never be answered properly. Instead, I propose and ask permission to do a Player Campaign with the small/free tools that we have; some of my ideas were:
- A proper Facebook page (which I believe was resolved to some degree)
- An official Twitter account, kept updated
- Post all the nice short stories on fanfiction.net and other similar sites
- Post user-created Wallpapers on as many sites (topic oriented of course) as possible
- Create a Windows XP/Vista/7 Entropia Theme(s)
- Create an Entropia Google Theme

This were just some of my ideas presented, although I'm pretty sure some were already posted on EF.com by different players.

I realise it's not much, but IMHO they can have some impact; I'm also sure that many players would to be involved, as pretty much all the proposals are free, except for time.

The answer received was along the lines:
- We have wallpaper already
- We have stories already
- You can use our logos but not for commercial purposes

For a while, I was thinking of starting this "Player Campaign" but I wasn't sure how many will be interested in chipping in, as it will be very time consuming for one person.
However, as I see there is a real concern, I may be trying to do just that; maybe I'll make a poll-thread first to get an idea if anyone would be interested.

Back