Why no timer?

Shereaper

Guardian
Society
Entropia Pathfinder's Crafter's Club
DragonEy the NightReaper
WHY NO TIMER MA? How hard would it be to place an event timer in the Mission Log? I forgot to hit U a few times before logging out and now I have no idea if I am disqualified. I can guarantee you this MA. Coding a timer into the event would cost you NOTHING. If I get disqualified from this event I will never participate in something like this again. That WILL cost you. I Depoed a lot of money to participate in this event. I am sure MA is hoping I will do it again and again., but If I get disqualified over time because MA was too lazy to code a timer into this event then I won't be suckered into doing again.

Another possible solution is to a give us a Timer in our action log to use for ANY reason. We could click it and it would run indefinitely until we turned it off. Then we could use it for soc events and other things that MA is not tracking.

The point is MA knows how long we have been logged in during this event, so why should we not be allowed to check our time?

The point is MA knows how long we have been logged in during this event, so why should we not be allowed to check our time?

They don´t know it, they can check it from the logs, and thats what they have to do now.
Why do you think official results will come at 13th january ???
A lot of work, to check all the logs of the top placed people.

The problem with the existing timers (missiontimers) is that these timers will continue running when logging off, therefor not useable for the MM event.
Another timer that exists is the seasion time counter, but this one will be reset at logoff, not usable!

To have a timer that works for MM, MA needs to code it first.

Actually we have a nice workaround, and its really not that hard for each participant to take the responsibility to track their online time themselfs. All you need is a watch, pen and paper :D

I agree they definately need to make some sort of timer and to say its too hard is a joke. MA is a multi-million dollar company yet they don't have the sense to make a timer for what is said to be the biggest annual event?
Sure we can do it manually by pen and paper, but what happens if we forget to check the time we spent on it or if we lose connection and weren't able to check the ingame timer. It would definately make things easier for everyone to have a timer, MA included.

I agree they definately need to make some sort of timer and to say its too hard is a joke. MA is a multi-million dollar company yet they don't have the sense to make a timer for what is said to be the biggest annual event?
Sure we can do it manually by pen and paper, but what happens if we forget to check the time we spent on it or if we lose connection and weren't able to check the ingame timer. It would definately make things easier for everyone to have a timer, MA included.

I doubt it's hard to create a timer, the issue is to make it work with a lot of avatars.
It can't be on clientside, it has to be on serverside, and with lets say 1k players,
that timer will most probably create too much strain to the server.

But still, it had been a very useful feature, not just for MM, could be used in several new events. :)

Don't ask to much from them....

youll only get disappointed.

Anyways when can we login again?

Don't ask to much from them....

youll only get disappointed.

Anyways when can we login again?

We could log back in over 6 hrs ago, I just have not because of fear of timer bug or something lol

Every time we log of the session time is save to the database, a mission timer is only a sql query to the database and presenting it to us in the mission log, its very easy to define a time interval in a sql query were you select values between 2 points in time and add all thoses values together, the problem is probably that the planet parner (Kim and thoses woriking with him in this case) cant do it so they have to get the platform coders to do it and i guess they have still not got their finger out of their ass to get it done yet.

All you need is a watch, pen and paper :D

Sorry but...

A WATCH, PEN AND PAPER IN 2012 TO TRACK A TIME IN AN ONLINE GAME ?!?!?!

You must be kidding....LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

timer, timer, timer!!!
3 times for each year ppl are asking for this... but seams to be to hard!!!

Sorry but...

A WATCH, PEN AND PAPER IN 2012 TO TRACK A TIME IN AN ONLINE GAME ?!?!?!

You must be kidding....LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah I agree...

I have not participated in an MM event but it seems to me that this could even have been left out intentionally. That is pure speculation on my part, but maybe they're thinking, "Well, if people go over, too bad. We still get our extra deposits!"

I mean, you never know.

my conclusion on this is that while its not difficult, it not as trivial as some think and they'd rather spend the development time elsewhere. running a sql query against the database aweek later (possibly on an offline copy) is simple and requires no testing. inventing a mechanism to track your login time and report that to the interface somewhere in real time probably needs a database table added, some process heavy sql calls (relative, for what it is) and a bunch of coding that needs testing. a simple way could be to use the existing clock in another interface and flush the data to a DB when you logof so it can be picked up next login.

tell you what, come up with an idea that involves a small decay incuring game item and see how quick it gets implemented :D

Timer would be nice, but using my stopwatch start/stop on my Iphone did the trick too (no paper or pen needed :))

Arwen is not participating in MM due to these two reasons TIMER and SCOREBOARD.
Its like competing totally blindfolded i mean cmon how hard can it be to implement it.

/Arwen

MM is a Calypso event, not directly a Mindark event. But it would be good if MA could add some kind of timer functions to the mission/event systems. Could be both timers like in the MM event or countdown timers like "you have 10 hour of gameing hours to finish this mission" to be used in diffrent missions.

MM is a Calypso event, not directly a Mindark event. But it would be good if MA could add some kind of timer functions to the mission/event systems. Could be both timers like in the MM event or countdown timers like "you have 10 hour of gameing hours to finish this mission" to be used in diffrent missions.

As said, this mission timer already exists, but this existing one, will continue counting down when you log of, so not usable for MM event.

Don´t think that this is that hard to understand.

As others pointed out, it would need a database query or additional database to log the times for that event.
To implement this, it would take time (better use that on reimplementation of still missing features, and bugfixes!), it would need testing (well you know already how good MA is in testing), and it would eat some system resource (could cause lag, especially the query thing).

Sorry, people befor wasting time, money, resource for something that every $5 watch can do for you, I prefer MA doing other more important things.

I think a timer and scoreboard is very important, not only for merry mayhem event, other planet partners could use it for events also, it would be nice to see more events were we compete against each other for prices.

Back