Why should we Auction ?

Magic Minder

Dominant
Society
New Entropian Order ~Founder~
Now Called Magic Mentor Minder *Magic MM Minder
Hi all

Since I have been back for a week and MA will not give me back my toon, I still decided to make a new one called Magic Mentor Minder.

I got my armour and 3 1x0 axes and 3 2x0 axes and started to hunt and mine.

After much hunting and mining I aquired resources.
I decided to goto peauction and see what they all list for and noticed that with the AH fee anything under 107% wasnt worth listing unless extermly large quantities.

This to me is extermly bad for the economy for crafters, hunters as well as buyers and sellers.

for sellers as its hardly worth the effort due to low profit as its eaten by AH fee.

Crafters are having a hard time getting lower end resources as people are starting to TT them.

Also when going to Twin to sell those same resources you get well below the AH sugested price and you need to waste time trying to find a buyer.

An elimination of the AH fee for anything being sold for below 120% TT anything over 120% should have a fee this would encourage a better use of the AH and increase the gamer experiance.

MA makes money from Players paying over TT and also Decay in order to stop the recession ingame we need to have the MA bank adjust the Auction fee.

Please have your constructive thoughs added and cheers.

PS : I am having a blast in game see you all there soon :)

i see animal oils in auction for 101% and not in too big amounts
and the seller still makes a profit vs TT-ing them

so can you give an example of your <107% markup is not worth to sell in auction ?

Hi all

Since I have been back for a week and MA will not give me back my toon, I still decided to make a new one called Magic Mentor Minder.

I got my armour and 3 1x0 axes and 3 2x0 axes and started to hunt and mine.

After much hunting and mining I aquired resources.
I decided to goto peauction and see what they all list for and noticed that with the AH fee anything under 107% wasnt worth listing unless extermly large quantities.

This to me is extermly bad for the economy for crafters, hunters as well as buyers and sellers.

for sellers as its hardly worth the effort due to low profit as its eaten by AH fee.

Crafters are having a hard time getting lower end resources as people are starting to TT them.

Also when going to Twin to sell those same resources you get well below the AH sugested price and you need to waste time trying to find a buyer.

An elimination of the AH fee for anything being sold for below 120% TT anything over 120% should have a fee this would encourage a better use of the AH and increase the gamer experiance.

MA makes money from Players paying over TT and also Decay in order to stop the recession ingame we need to have the MA bank adjust the Auction fee.

Please have your constructive thoughs added and cheers.

PS : I am having a blast in game see you all there soon :)

i agre that lowered fee's that can encourage better growth of the economy would be awsome. but guess what.

Players that own shops cry like babies. Fix shops and we can have lower fee's.

But i agree with you 100%

show me the math and the amounts.

animal at 1% wouldn't cover the AH fee unless what amount is sold.

since the minimum auction fee is 51 pec

if you sell in auction 51 peds TT of item worth for 101% you break even

you said in opening post auction is only useable for very large amounts

51 peds oils is not a large amount i think but auction is not for the snablehunters yes
small amounts p2p yes but i find that ok

since the minimum auction fee is 51 pec

if you sell in auction 51 peds TT of item worth for 101% you break even

you said in opening post auction is only useable for very large amounts

51 peds oils is not a large amount i think but auction is not for the snablehunters yes
small amounts p2p yes but i find that ok

I wouldnt say for Oil and such that its a problem more for animal parts and other needed resources like animal hides and such. because you need a min of 2000 of animal hide and up priced at 107% in order to make 1 ped of the whole thing sicne the AH fee would be 1 ped around and is inflating your actually selling price but not youe pocket.

the problem comes into effect for any resource that has a value of .10 per part.

I wouldnt say for Oil and such that its a problem more for animal parts and other needed resources like animal hides and such. because you need a min of 2000 of animal hide and up priced at 107% in order to make 1 ped of the whole thing sicne the AH fee would be 1 ped around and is inflating your actually selling price but not youe pocket.

the problem comes into effect for any resource that has a value of .10 per part.

u rigth 100%, i guess the only way is to use private trade or ....some similar

well 2000 hides is just 20 peds worth so yes then the 1 ped auction fee hurts your profits but 20 peds hides is not much

so save up to 100 peds hides if you want to sell in auction
or sell to your favorite tailor face to face

sweat some more if you dont have much peds or depo some
so you can cycle more peds before needing to auction/sell your stuff

or take the the hides from your friends and place them together on auction
to get a decent stack

well 2000 hides is just 20 peds worth so yes then the 1 ped auction fee hurts your profits but 20 peds hides is not much

so save up to 100 peds hides if you want to sell in auction
or sell to your favorite tailor face to face

sweat some more if you dont have much peds or depo some
so you can cycle more peds before needing to auction/sell your stuff

You are giving a valid solution to the issue and at the same time are saying that there is a problem for low level resources all I am saying is that someone that has a monthly budget and needs to ah his stuff more often then not this causes a waiting issue.

In my case i will simply deposit a larger amount and not sell anything till i have a large amount but many players dont have that ability as they are on a budget.

In short in these hard econimic times we should change the Ah fee to help the avatars and the game :)

You are giving a valid solution to the issue and at the same time are saying that there is a problem for low level resources all I am saying is that someone that has a monthly budget and needs to ah his stuff more often then not this causes a waiting issue.

In my case i will simply deposit a larger amount and not sell anything till i have a large amount but many players dont have that ability as they are on a budget.

In short in these hard econimic times we should change the Ah fee to help the avatars and the game :)

the point mate is that MA made a free to play game..... but .... it make stuff to works better and easier for depositors ......
it s sad but true

How does MA make a profit from people paying over TT? and what recession do we have ingame?

To my best understanding the auction is a convenience and all if not part of auction fees go back into the loot pool. As far as the recession I have less money in real life now so i will deposit less. But i still play and cycle peds and chat.

as far as auction goes if I have something sub 110% markup. I make sure I have a 100 ped stack before it hits auction.

How does MA make a profit from people paying over TT? and what recession do we have ingame?

To my best understanding the auction is a convenience and all if not part of auction fees go back into the loot pool. As far as the recession I have less money in real life now so i will deposit less. But i still play and cycle peds and chat.

as far as auction goes if I have something sub 110% markup. I make sure I have a 100 ped stack before it hits auction.

anytime anyone pays over tt that means someone had to pay more then MA is willing to give you for it from TT which means MA has that persons money.
Also when a rescession in real life it affects real people who play the game.

the point mate is that MA made a free to play game..... but .... it make stuff to works better and easier for depositors ......
it s sad but true

true they did and i am talking about people that deposit like you and me however sometimes they need to rethink what they have put in place to see if they are not messing up there game for depositors.

I can jack the rent of my apartments for short term gain but maybe longterm I lose, I need to make sure what I do makes sense.

anytime anyone pays over tt that means someone had to pay more then MA is willing to give you for it from TT which means MA has that persons money.
Also when a rescession in real life it affects real people who play the game.

when you buy a item for more then TT MA does not get the money. Instead the player you buy it from gets the money. They can withdraw all this money meaning MA does not get it.

I have more peds then i have in RL dollars right now. So in game i guess im rich and in RL i guess im poor :scratch2:

The majority of my profits over the last month or so have been simply from buying large stacks of oils from people who hit HoFs and relisting them on auctions in smaller stacks of 30-100 ped. The majority of what I sell has a markup between 101-103% and it is well worth listing - as I make hundreds of ped profit by selling it.

I don't like the fees but ma claims it goes to loot pool. Even if not is Ebay free? It is a service I guess. Ok I am going to get flamed lol.

Also your aware the auciton price is a AVERAGE not the price set in stone. In other words some auctions sell above the average (the middle).

Kosmos.

We use auction for many reasons. Impatience and reaching a large audience are two of the biggies and with more expensive items it can help us get the best price for them. But what I feel we need is also a main place for buyers and sellers to gather for street sales. PA and Twin were traditionally the places for that type of thing but after VU10 is fragmented a bit though I do see some action once in a while.

Just as the auction is a place for buyers and sellers to gather we could use a place for the actual people to gather. A place where you could go and know that there would be people there looking to buy and sell sweat or resources when you need to and a place that you could pop in and ask if anyone is dealing in what you may be looking for. All it takes is for buyers and sellers to gather but having a conducive place helps alot too with a storage, tt and other amenities conveniently close by. The other thing it takes is enough people playing that are not preoccupied in their professions to actually be at this type of place.

And now if we did have a place off of auction then it would be worth dropping by to sell that small stack of low markup goods when you wanted or needed. But again it`s pretty much up to players to have such a place, pick it and go hang out. Make it known as the place to go for trade.

I don't like the fees but ma claims it goes to loot pool. Even if not is Ebay free? It is a service I guess. Ok I am going to get flamed lol.

Also your aware the auciton price is a AVERAGE not the price set in stone. In other words some auctions sell above the average (the middle).

Kosmos.

Cause normally they don t go in my loot pool, i prefer, when i can, to private trade. It s a way to don t allow MA to decide to who my money are going :)

interesting idea... but flawed...

lowering auction house prices is an interesting idea, but it's very flawed... because it would give auction even more of a monopoly vs person to person sales and shops. The fee there, I believe, in part, to encourage people to actually communicate with one another and the community more... if everything went on the auction since auction fees were so low, the rest of the real cash economy outside of the auctioneer would not exist. MA is trying to create a virtual world... not a virtual e-bay.

lowering auction house prices is an interesting idea, but it's very flawed... because it would give auction even more of a monopoly vs person to person sales and shops. The fee there, I believe, in part, to encourage people to actually communicate with one another and the community more... if everything went on the auction since auction fees were so low, the rest of the real cash economy outside of the auctioneer would not exist. MA is trying to create a virtual world... not a virtual e-bay.

i think that u have a big opinion about Ma guys:
The fee there, I believe, in part, to encourage people to actually communicate with one another and the community more...
but in my opinion fees are there just to allow MA to make money.
A part that, yes i would really love that MA try to create a virtual world and not a virtual ebay......... but for the end of the year is in progress a huge auction upgrade..... nothing in the road map about, shops, booths, shopkeepers, private trade etcetc........

the reason that ma is asking a fee now is

the markup stats

if ma makes auction free the market prices are useless since they can be made flawed for free

they can still do that now but at least some peds go to the pool(according to ma)

Stop Taxing the Poor!

i agree that fees on items with low % is too high.

even if you make 10ped profit and auction fee is usually about 1.50ped that is 15% fee cost. sad really.

i think five percent is reasonable but still high and plenty for MA.

if fee was lower then more people would auction items. so even if it doubles MA don't loose money.

so i say STOP TAXING THE POOR! plz

Now fee is ~= 0.50ped +5% of markup.
I say let the fee be only 5% of markup.
If it is not possible i can agree even for 6% but without minimal fee.

This way every amount would hava fee propportional to stack you are putting onto auction and you could sell even few oils at right markup without paying those fees.
Now for selling lets say 32 animal muscle oil (TT = 0.96) at 104,16% = 1.00ped you will have to pay 0.51 fee. In system mentioned above it would be only (1.00 - 0.96)*0.05 = 0.002 - round this up and you get 0.01ped fee :).

And as for MA: if they would add 6% instead 0.50 + 5% i think they would earn even more on fees :).

0.50 + 5% of 1000.00peds = 50.50peds
6% of 1000.00peds = 60peds

you get what i mean :). Of course this would kill street market.

@edit:
there used to be good system created by Josh called STTS program.... ahhh i miss those days :). If you have no idea bout it then search forum and you will see what i miss ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

the way i see it is that the more time you ppl have to spend it town selling small or large quantities = less ammo - bombs/probes being used

if it true that the more money being cycled the more goes to the loot pool then noone is interested in ppl waisting time standing in town if they could be out spending money and adding to the loot pool.

just my thought :)

Ok now wehn i think about my idea it is stupid: auction would be swarmed with small stacks (noone would try to sell anythign in one large stack if he could split it into many small and pay the same fee for it). Thus my sugestion: lower minimal fee, rise % fee from markup making it:
0.10ped + 6% of markup :)

Falagor
:bandit:

Thats what p2p trade and street traders are for.
If you don't have the budget for gathering a big enough amount, you sell it to someone who do, and get more then you would if you auctioned it.
It adds to the complexity of the economy, and in that way it adds to the game play experience of the game.
without the auction-fee neither shops nor street traders could survive, and the game would be a little more dead.

there are actually alot of stuff thats hard to sell and you can spend a few hours trying to sell it before just giving it to tt even tho there are maybe 105/110% MU on it.

And I remeber the days when there was no fees yet there where even more strret venduer then as well.

If you really want to raise the percentage of these 101-102% mu items the best thing you can do is TT them =) Maybye even host a "TT the oils" event ;) Bring down the supply to raise the demand:D

Back