Why we have normal pvp?

Xpl0jd

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
I have sent an question to MA about whats allowed in normal pvp without getting banned.

Im talking about half Amethera continent. Hunting scips, leviathan etc.
Kill a hunter u have a big chance of being banned if u get to many reports on you.

But pvp is pvp? Remove pvp or allow ALL types of kills. I hate being killed when i hunt, many can asure that. But somehow it should be "legal" to kill others in pvp. Steal their mobs etc. otherwise why we have pvp areas?

Remove them or make clear guidelines?
These days im never afraid seeing a GD in a normal pvp area.

When i played other MMO´s i always had a thrill about being in pvp area hunting, knowing i need to look for others aswell.

I get that feeling in Lootable here aswell. But i still dont see purpose of the normal pvp areas. Anyone here feel the same way?

Is EU turning into a nanny state :( can't they just ban people that moan about being shot in PVP?

Unless you are exploiting something to achieve your goal it shoould be fair game for anyone :)

Sasha

I have sent an question to MA about whats allowed in normal pvp without getting banned.

Im talking about half Amethera continent. Hunting scips, leviathan etc.
Kill a hunter u have a big chance of being banned if u get to many reports on you.

But pvp is pvp? Remove pvp or allow ALL types of kills. I hate being killed when i hunt, many can asure that. But somehow it should be "legal" to kill others in pvp. Steal their mobs etc. otherwise why we have pvp areas?

Remove them or make clear guidelines?
These days im never afraid seeing a GD in a normal pvp area.

When i played other MMO´s i always had a thrill about being in pvp area hunting, knowing i need to look for others aswell.

I get that feeling in Lootable here aswell. But i still dont see purpose of the normal pvp areas. Anyone here feel the same way?

Ma had made it clear to me I can pK to my hearts content as long as we are both flagged for pvp, it dose not matter what any avatar is doing if they are in a pvp area they can be killed for any reason at any time by anyone. outside that I have one problem ish, its when somebody is hunting a mob I wait til they are done prior to engaging them. as an example a few days ago I was at the rig and after being killed by somebody I teleported back to find them hunting a little spider, I waited for them to kill and loot it before I attacked them. Had I killed them the second I was in range hunting or not it would have been allowed as they are aware they are in a pvp area an accept the risk.

if you are unsure fire off a message to ma and they will confirm pvp areas are a free for all.

regular PVP is needed to fight with harassers who keep stealing your mobs in non pvp areas :) few shots in the eye will cure them real fast. I shoot also miners if they come too close, and attract too many mobs on me.

In terms of user experience, no one in eu has as yet fully utelised regular pvp for all its worth to EU as a "destination experience". PVP adds a whole host of additional random dynamics (non standard tunnel vision approach) to the user experience that is not available anywhere else. Your not gonna trip crossing a flower bed, your plans to walk into the auction house is not suddenly going to need you to improvise to gain entry, out side of pvp, everything is bog standard, allowing for very little user influence (Not talking about driving your car around^^) EU players are so used to having sollutions handed to them on a plate by MA that they now lack the ability to get creative in many cases. And regular pvp is one of those unappreaciated area's.

Regular pvp with some player intitiatives can add soooo much to the user experience with all manner of opportunities and initiatives both profitable, community orientated and fun. All of which are excutable ONLY because it is pvp, wouldnt work in non pvp at all as consequences cant be enforced. Too bad i take my villain role so seriously or id defo be up for working with some of you on some initiatives. But getting allong, "contributing" goes against my characters role in EU. So in a way it pains me to say, good luck ^^

DCF

Last edited:
Back