Wikipedians To Delete Lootius

Op Banned... (?)

Looks like we better not mess with Lootius.

Oh I don't pray to Lootius, that never seems to work. ;)

Deleting Lootius from Wikipedia is really old man thinking at its worst.

We are no longer dealing with encyclopedias that are limited by the number of pages that can fit between its covers.

For almost no cost an entry can be added to Wikipedia. The idea contained in that entry, whether it is the existence of some virtual god or a particular season of your favorite footie team, is preserved for later generations to stumble upon.

With regard to inside jokes hurting Wikipedia's reputation - how is an entry that begins, 'Lootius is a godess of loot in many MMORPGs' any different from one that starts, 'Robby the Robot is a popular fictional character who has made a number of appearances in science fiction movies and television programs from 1956 onward.'

The beauty of Wikipedia is that is has the potential to be a vast storehouse of knowledge. A starting place to find information on any topic no matter how obscure. Its a shame that a few self-important hall monitors think otherwise.

For almost no cost?

This year they expect the running of the Wikimedia Foundation to cost USD 5.97 million.

Even if money was no factor, which it is, they wouldn't want random in-jokes in there. It's an encyclopedia, not a place to put random stuff on.

I heard, once Lootius jumped into lake serene and landed on the highest mountain of calypso. That was nine months before a pure virginity exarosaur pet named mary-rose got a baby, later known as the first longtooth. Some people say that longtooth was called chuck at the stable west of Atlas Haven. So Lootius actually may be Chuck's father. Can you just delete Chucks old man? Imagine what Chuck may do to you!

Even if money was no factor, which it is, they wouldn't want random in-jokes in there. It's an encyclopedia, not a place to put random stuff on.

And that is old man thinking. We have the ability to redefine what an encyclopedia is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encyclopedia_Galactica

The Encyclopedia Galactica is a fictional or hypothetical encyclopedia of a future galaxy-spanning civilization, containing all the knowledge accumulated by a society with trillions of people and thousands of years of history.

For almost no cost?

This year they expect the running of the Wikimedia Foundation to cost USD 5.97 million.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/2008-2009_Annual_Plan_Questions_and_Answers

The total budget for 2008-09 annual plan is $5.9 million. By contrast, the 07-08 budget totaled $4.6 million; the actual amount (estimated) that was spent was $2.9 million.

Currently there are about 13 million total entries in Wikipedia. Using the previous years 'actual amount' spent of 2.9 million we can calculate the cost of adding a single entry as about 22 cents. I think that qualifies as "almost no cost."

You're missing the point. If you allow Lootius, you have to allow every in-joke from every little Internet community, and everything random anyone would want to write. This would quickly cost them millions.

Random stuff is also not the point of an encyclopedia.

Perhaps encyclopedia dramatica is a better vessel with wich his loyal followers shall erect a shrine unto him?
Posted via Mobile Device

I know what I have to do now.
If Lootius is to be spread, we have to carry it outside the "little community" of Entropia.
Wikipedia has an entry for Fortuna - the goddess of luck and fortune. Lootius is pretty much its gamer counterpart.
But Fortuna is mentioned in works of art, books, writings, novels, movies, paintings.
So - Let's start creating art! Non-entropia related art!
The idea is - Lootius acts in ANY system, any game, any virtual reality where you can kill, mine, loot things that you don't know for sure the contents of.
Anywhere where luck of looting is present - is Lootius's domain.

This inspires me to open an actual website, perhaps a webcomic dedicated to Lootius. If there i an independant website on the concrete subject, Wikipedia cannot deny it.

http://www.purepwnage.com is one example. They made a website, and they got taken seriously.
Now, to buy a server.

Well, I suppose I could grow legs from here:
http://animamundi.free.fr/

i'll believe in lootius when he believes in me

what is that, diagnostic lootianism? or simply bi-agnostic loonyism?

Honestly, it should be. It'd be horrible if Wikipedia was full of in jokes from every single Internet community. Stuff like Lootius is only funny to us, not everyone else.

Zomg you too damn serious ;)

At first, this is the only joke present in EuWiki, and a good one so let it be there.

And more importantly, is someone who doesnt play EU searchs for Hogglo and Lootius, he wouldnt tell you a difference between em. So it doesnt matter :wtg:

Lootius Is with us all! Lootius is our GOD/FATHER AND OUR HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!

:revive::woohoo::bowdown:

Back