Will EU be over skilled som day?

The Lizard King

Guardian
Society
Juari Blood
The Lizard King
Im wondering abut all the skills in EU.

There is alot of skills gained every day in EU and i havent heard of skills leaving EU exept for some Avas that just doesnt play again. But the thing is when a ava is taken out of the Universe the player almost always chip it out, so the skills stay in oure universe.

So in the long run doesnt this make EU over skilled? I have heard of Agility 39 Ubers, and the real Ubers have enourmous amounts of skills. And there seams to be plenty of skillers just skilling for chipping out and sell. Some of the EF users eaven wright about the skills getting to cheap.

All those easy to get skills and young Uber Avas make it hard for a natural skiller to keep up, and will probobaly make them skill by chipping to just to have a chanse to keep up.

Is there a reasom to worry or am i wrong on this?

I just feel that if we keep on going on like this EU will sooner or later be a universe full of Ubers killing Atrox queens like Snables.

What is youre thought on this?

To me, this is why skills are devalued after new VUs and mobs are made harder to kill. This is entropia's way of dealing with the issue.

No. That's why we got all those skill nerfs and will get even more in the future ;).

This is something I worry about too. I don't think MA have a plan to cope with the immense amount of skills that we will all have in 5 or 10 years time (or less).

Values of skills will decrease to the value of the ESI soon. Some skills have already got there of course, but all the others will follow (except the newest ones I guess).

I don't understand what an Agility 39 Uber is though...:scratch2:

No. That's why we got all those skill nerfs and will get even more in the future ;).

agreed, there will always be nerfs and these will def get worse in the future, its happened about 3 times since I joined and its really the only way :(

It's worth bearing in mind 10% are lost whenever someone chips out his skills, but even so, future skill nerfs in the future are a real possibility.

Assuming, that we will get a boost in accounts with the new planets and that even if the prices on skills were on tenth of what the cost now, I would not think a lot will be able to become uber that fast . Would still costs 100k $ to get there.
Then again... what is uber in skills ?! Always thought it was above 300k and medium starts around 100k.

Sometimes chipping in is cheaper than skilling up, only after level 20 I see no big savings possible.

I think it will be possible in the future, when the level 39 become unreachable for noobs as the level 100 did become nowaday :).

Hunting 5+ hours a day for 1.5 years I could be already 80+ in agility in the pre-vu8.8 times, while I'm only slightly over 60 and it takes a month now to increase it a point up.

Agility 39 Uber is a player so chipped that he can do the same thing as the Ubers althoug he just have 39 in Agility.

A more proper thing to call them would be low Agility Ubers.

I think it will be possible in the future, when the level 39 become unreachable for noobs as the level 100 did become nowaday :).

Hunting 5+ hours a day for 1.5 years I could be already 80+ in agility in the pre-vu8.8 times, while I'm only slightly over 60 and it takes a month now to increase it a point up.

VU 8.8 didn't affect attribute gain, unless it slightly eased the slowdown at high levels (i recall hearing some skilled players saying that, but can't say for sure). That was an earlier one.

To answer the original post:
1) Yes, and the lack of a drain is why skill prices are trending toward tt (well, ESI) value
2) 10% is lost when chipping, so there is a small drain
3) what should MA do about it? (except not dropping pre-filled skill implants as a few little twits around here seem to think is a good idea) Their solution in the past has been to make high levels harder to reach, but that also multiplies the volume of skill on skilled avatars. Almost any other solution would directly take away skills from people. Another proposal has been to have skills fade over time, so it would take constant skilling to keep them even at the same level. I'm not in favor of that, although i wouldn't mind if skills on chips faded 1% a week (or something). That would only really inconvenience resellers, especially the kind that buy them up on auction and then control the price, and would add an additional drain to the skills in the universe.

The only real solution to this problem is growth in population and in "desirable" level, but that's easier said than done. Increasing mob difficulty and size and raising the SIB ladder into 60+ range will help with the second, but it will take some real work to get a constant influx of new players who stay.

Agility 39 Uber is a player so chipped that he can do the same thing as the Ubers althoug he just have 39 in Agility.

A more proper thing to call them would be low Agility Ubers.

I would never consider someone with 39 agility an uber. Even if he had 20k in all skills. More proper term would be rich noob.

I would never consider someone with 39 agility an uber. Even if he had 20k in all skills. More proper term would be rich noob.

Yeah Rich noob it is from now on :yay: To call them Uber cind of hurts, And must be hard on the ones that have been working hard to get there.

maybe they implement stamina then.

I think skil nerfs aren't needed, we've seen that lvls can go way beyond 100 and even 150. I think adding more mobs (and weapons to match) to the ladder to climb is the solution, atm all mobs can b killed with some effort or a team (with right ppl ofc), but why not introduce mobs that ubers struggle with more? i think it would drive ppl to eventually wanna reach that pinnacle. Just my 2 pecs tho ;)

PS. keep in mind there very few who can even solo a spider, nvm if they introduce something with greater dmg and hp

One of the reason of skills price devaluation are limited items. Imo they are totally unbalanced. Whats the point in skilling if u can max out Korss/Breer p5a at 2.5-3k hg (which is equal to 20-30tt chip of hg, with breer p5 20-30tt hg = 2-3 weeks of skilling, a bit longer if u are skilling with lower level weapons) and better weapons are extremely expensive and therefore not worth using? When we lived in the world of unlimited stuff everybody was skilling as much as possible because each weapon required lvl 100 so nobody was chipping out unless he leaves the game. Now many ppl just sell skills above certain level because there is no point in skilling further. Limited guns are necessary for economy but they are maxable way too early.

For now it's still ok. There are just a few players that can solo the real tough mobs (example; araneatrox stalker, daspletor stalker).

A possible solution in the future is bigger/harder mobs, but i'm sure they will come when the time is good and the playerbase keep growing. And weapons/tools that need more then 100 lvl in a profession.

For now it's still ok. There are just a few players that can solo the real tough mobs (example; araneatrox stalker, daspletor stalker).

A possible solution in the future is bigger/harder mobs, but i'm sure they will come when the time is good and the playerbase keep growing. And weapons/tools that need more then 100 lvl in a profession.

I agree with Super and Sloe.. Ma needs not add more skill nerfs just larger mobs..

but I disagree with the larger weapons.. it's bad enough the ubers have most of all the big weapons, armor and faps,, but to give them even more powerfull gear, would make LG impossibble for anyone outside the top 3 socs to ever win.

Last edited:
I believe we are balanced in a percentile system. The rebalancing is what people call a "nerf VU."

So the actual number you have in a skill really doesn't matter in the long term, it's your progress vs. the progress of everyone else. In the time between "nerf VUs" we see linear growth in our abilities as the skill numbers grow, but when they reapply the percentile system (once a year, maybe 18 months) we all feel the difference. Some people don't feel a hit, but it's because they have been growing rapidly. Other people get punched in the nuts. :laugh:

I don't know, it's hard to prove, but that's how I see it.

Skills disappear from EU in 2 ways:
- Quitting avatars (who doesn't chip all out)
- Chipping (10% skills are lost, which amounts to a lot)

Ofc total number of skills in EU is increasing... But does the total skill increase faster than the number of avatars? I honestly have no idea.
And what is the consequence?

Very hard to say, but this is how I see the progression:
- The total number of skills in EU is increasing fast. (Means nothing at all)
- The average total skills per avatar is decreasing. (Means nothing at all)
- The average skills per active avatar is increasing, but slowly.
- Number of avatars with very high skills (Lvl 70+), is increasing.
- Skill prices might go up or down, depending on how many new players join.
- If MAs 'chinese adventure' succeeds to attract a lot of new players, skill prices might reach absolutely insane heights. (For a while)

Will they do it? :scratch2:
What about add some new skills?

I have heard somewhere that there is a stamina system built into the CryEngine2. I think MA will adapt this to the so-far inert stamina stat that we all have. I think food will also interact with our stamina on a temporary basis.

I personally can't wait to have a "succulent" cut of SnarkSnot. :laugh:

One of the reason of skills price devaluation are limited items. Imo they are totally unbalanced. Whats the point in skilling if u can max out Korss/Breer p5a at 2.5-3k hg (which is equal to 20-30tt chip of hg, with breer p5 20-30tt hg = 2-3 weeks of skilling, a bit longer if u are skilling with lower level weapons) and better weapons are extremely expensive and therefore not worth using? When we lived in the world of unlimited stuff everybody was skilling as much as possible because each weapon required lvl 100 so nobody was chipping out unless he leaves the game. Now many ppl just sell skills above certain level because there is no point in skilling further. Limited guns are necessary for economy but they are maxable way too early.

Very good point this. A lot of players know they will never be an Uber and are happy to hunt with there L weapons making a bit of extra cash selling of skills they never need to improve on.

There were a way were skills had a chance to be well managed.
But, after years, all we can constat is that skill system is a pure shit.

After all its not our fault.

My 2 pecs:

When you buy anything for a large amount of peds, most players want to be able to get their money back at some point - or at least feel they haven't lost the peds forever.

If you buy an a104 amp today, you know (or are at least 95% sure) that you will make a profit if you sell it in maybe a year or two. Same if you buy a big gun or uber fap. This is because demand outstrips supply.

But if you buy skills, e.g. Handgun, you know that you will lose money, because prices have been on a downward spiral for the last 18 months and nothing is changing to correct this. If you ever sell the skills you can be virtually certain you will lose money. This is because supply outstrips demand.

Basically unless MA somehow changes the skill system, the value of skills can never ever increase again in the long term.

If you want to sell some of your gazillion skills in the future, you may not be able to as they will be worth nothing. That is my point...

MA can solve this by lowering the drop rate of the ESI's = Higher price for ESI's = Lesser ppl chip out when quitting due the high cost adn skills are lost in inactive ava's.

MA can solve this by lowering the drop rate of the ESI's = Higher price for ESI's = Lesser ppl chip out when quitting due the high cost adn skills are lost in inactive ava's.

I'd strongly disagree with that. EU is marketed as a service. If i want to close my bank account I'm not charged a 'market rate'

I have and will always believe that ESI's should be available from the TT. If somebody wants to leave the service, it should be an easy and pain free experience.

I think increasing the demand for ESI's will only increase in the markup for the ESI and in turn decrease the skill chip's value relative to the cost of ESI.

This is something I worry about too. I don't think MA have a plan to cope with the immense amount of skills that we will all have in 5 or 10 years time (or less).

Values of skills will decrease to the value of the ESI soon. Some skills have already got there of course, but all the others will follow (except the newest ones I guess).

I was told that the definition of an uber in EU is someone with over 200 Health points, so an uber with only 39 agility has not hunted their way up to 200 HP but chipped their way up. I have chipped out my skills before, and enjoy starting from scratch again. My concern is that continual skill nerfs will discourage players from skilling up, because most serious depositiors want to reach the top and hunt the best mobs. Therefore, maybe the answer is a ceiling on top skill levels, with one above that, so that once you reach the top level, to reach the next and become the ultimate Uber will itself take years of skilling. This way it gives Ubers something to reach for, and other players the possibility of reaching the top skill levels without feeling that every step forward they make, a VU pushes them several back.
:twocents:

Last edited:
I have and will always believe that ESI's should be available from the TT ...

I would prefer if they were crafted along with being looted.

If a full tt chip has a tt value of 1250peds, and Diamond would be a nice ingredient for this ;)

Back