Votes: 40 24.8%
  • no

Votes: 74 46.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 47 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[...]
In EU context that would mean changing the rules of the game in a way that would cause the long term high skill players (who knew betters times) to give up, and try to attract new players that can’t remember better times, aren’t frustrated by the way things were handled for the last two years, and will accept anything without questioning it...

[...]

There aren't many 15bucksamonth MMO players that will ever accept EU that way it is and will be, lol. Thats why Mr. Loot Pool pays them ridiculous insane amounts for using pea shooters.

Its a trick. Simple as that. Bait one, get many.

How many of us realy remember this
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4oZrU4eFAA[/YOUTUBE]
its only 5 years old vid
so look and enjoy

they did it and they will do that again
Less Players Less Lag
EU is Torchwood of PE

WOW! visually this game has come a long way and yet i wish i could have played the early versions, they seem more by the seat of your pants gaming.

thanks for the shot of nostalgic, almost like an antique.

I voted for maybe... but wel they have doen it and they are doing it . Most rescent the introduce of L version for some rare armour parts. I am glad that I dont have any unl boar parts in my storage...
We all have to be careful with what may be changed...
I fear VU10 may be just another pandora's box...
I just hope what I still have wont be worthless after VU10... lol ahh who am I kidding.... those are already worthless junks I cant sell...
What is the chance that basic filter will be TT2000% in VU10....

They always did it. I don't want to be asshole, but how many of the players answering this thread play more than 2 years? Think about it.

Also, whenever you see somebody talking about the fair return of 90%, that's not the problem.

The problem is that 4 years ago you needed 200 PED on hunting argonauts young at Twin to get that 90%. Now you need 1000 or more.

Then again, 4 years ago the largest creature spawnable at Twin was an argonaut gatherer once in a blue moon.

Same for mining, we used to have deposit size smaller than now, around half of them, like old average was 3 ped something, new average is 7 ped something. But those deposits were MANY. So the largest ATH was 4,5k and the mining was nice. We didn't had amps back then so was impossible to waste 2000 ped in 3 days on mining.

Another torch thingie is that old improved stuff has tt of 500, usable to its 3%, while new improved stuff has tt of 28000, usbale to its 50%.

They did the armours in favour of players, now ghost is a decent choice, not a pain on the pedcard. Then they added footguards and 1 pec (originally 2 pec) decay on equip.

They always did it, accustomed the players with a style of playing for say 1 year, then ravaged their ranks with some VU.

And the new player will behave as new player, take the times of his starting as origins of the game.

In the words of MindArk, EU is dynamic.

...viewing figures say otherwise.. :D

*sticks fingers in ears*

Nah..nah..nah... not listening!!!

:silly2:

Good idea with the fingers since :-

Bargain Hunt Live shows have always been a huge success with David netting more than 8 million viewers for one live prime time Bargain Hunt.
Source : http://www.david-dickinson.net/david-dickinson-bargain-hunt/bargain-hunt6.htm

That must be an awesome show then eh ? :laugh::laugh:

Thx for posting that video, it's something I hadn't seen and was interesting.
Showed me how used to the new look stuff I have got, still think the old stones looked better, but the armour that once looked nice doesn't to me anymore. It's a little like Stockholm syndrome maybe? Getting to side woth your captors when kept hostage? :laugh:

t

They always did it. I don't want to be asshole, but how many of the players answering this thread play more than 2 years? Think about it.

Think of every hobby going, video games or anything else. How many people do any of them for more than 2 years?
Most people's attention span is a few months at best. The ones who stay are the few who have patience.

Hurrikane

Oh, and screw torchwood, I'm just hoping they don't do a Smokey and the Bandit III:)

:laugh: Do a Smokey and the Bandit? What do you chase us around and say “y’all” a lot?

I was referring to the second sequel, which featured a whole 30 secs of Burt Reynolds and the rest of the film with the Snowman pretending to be him....

Hurrikane

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rcIP9SdKmQ[/YOUTUBE]

for those of you who havent seen torchwood :)
this wont help
[YOUTUBE]aGGTfuM1RGM[/YOUTUBE]

...gotta say I've been more worried that they will do a "gizmondo"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizmondo

...I´m sure some of you heard of Stefan Eriksson aka Fat-Steve being one of the executives behind the gizmondo, became infamous whilst driving a Ferrari Enzo sports car, valued at over USD$1,000,000, while allegedly driving at a high speed and intoxicated along Pacific Coast Highway in California, lost control of it. The car careened off an embankment outside Malibu and hit a pole at about 199 mph (320.61 km/h) as recorded on a speedometer by passenger Trevor Karney, videotaped inside the car. The impact of the crash was so violent, it split the car in half...the fact that he´s also swedish...well :laugh:

I didnt actually see the new Torchwood 5 parter, but it seems to be being re-run on BBC Three (saw Ep1 last night) so will see how they compare to "old" Torchwood. :)

Oooooh another soap...... :popcorn:

Mindark has no interrest in messing up thier 'goose with the golden eggs'.
If they wanted they simply closed shop and start over again.

What I understand is that Mindark is trying to create a service, a bit like the world wide web. Anyone who has interrest and the money, can rent or buy a place inside Entropia Universe and create their own planet, a bit like a website. On this planet they can make what they want, the way they want it. Planet Calypso is the first planet, it is the selling sample, or model for Entropia Universe. It’s an important PR tool to sell their service. And Planet Calypso is now an individual Planet inside Entropia Universe and run by FPC.

Neverdie will run his planet and do what he wants on that, Creative Kingdom on their own planet. George Lucas could hire a spot and recreate the Star Wars Universe and let players play in that. Or Steven Spielberg could recreate Jurrasic Park where people can login and try to survive the dinosaurs. :D

So they do 'not' have any interrest in distroying Planet Calypso, it is
a working sample they can use to sell thier service to others. ;)

Also dispite popular believe, there aren't that many people out there, who are willing to pay more then $100 a month to play online games.
Because of this Mindark does not want players to leave, but can't force them to stay.

There will be changes in many different ways, players will come an go for many different reasons.
The current loots have become low mainly because players deposit less and some withdrew. An effect of the real world crisis I think.
Remember 'we the players' pay the loot, not Mindark. ;)

So I do believe there are a lot of new fun things to come.
Time they got thier PR department in high gear and start bringing in new players.

Just my 2 pec ... ;)

Last edited:
Think its a little torching every VU.

Nothing new.

Its gonna be the same with VU 10 :rolleyes:

One of these days, i might just sell all my stuff :rolleyes:

To do a “torchwood” = to do what the writers of the cult BBC TV series did a few weeks ago. They killed, or irrevocably tainted all the characters the long term fans loved, in order to tone down the series, make it palatable for a more conservative market, and attract a new more conventional fan base. I.E. they shafted all the demanding long term fans (who sustained the series in the past), in order to start with a clean slate.

I always enjoyed Torchwood, but I really can't agree with your assessment of the Children of Earth five-parter.

I thought it was the best five hours of sci-fi the UK has ever produced. It certainly in no way was a toning down. I don't know how you could sit through the final episode and come away from it complaing about it being toned down, it was entirely the opposite.

Sci-fi has a tendency to glorify conflict, you have a load of devastating battles but in the end the good guys triumph and everyone feels great. It's easy watching that we can enjoy comfortably, but it's sci-fantasy really. The last Torchwood was much harder viewing. They showed conflict as it really might be, not how we'd like it to be. The good guys won but there was no happy ending, there were casualties and like you say, the surviving characters were left tainted and jaded by what they had to do in order to come through.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I rather assumed this was the Torchwood finale. If so, in my opinion it was one of the best ends to a sci-fi show ever.

In EU context that would mean changing the rules of the game in a way that would cause the long term high skill players (who knew betters times) to give up, and try to attract new players that can’t remember better times, aren’t frustrated by the way things were handled for the last two years, and will accept anything without questioning it...

What do you think?

Green

EU is constantly evolving and changing. The long-term high skill players who are still around are good at adapting to that. EU certainly needs to attract new players, VU10 is undoubtably partly about that, but I don't think MA will be looking to lose it's current player-base by any means.

i am tired

I was thinking that a torchwood is well... how can you understand me....

Since that in the new VU, there will be night and day....

Players will need a torchwood to see in the night.

I am at work, must be the reason :ahh:

Back