Suggestion: Will MindArk stop making fun, of anyone who doesn't play front of the auction?

Deemer

Prowler
I think my wish from the title is enough.

Entropia-2021-08-03-19-05-21.png

Reserved.

With the best feelings.

Last edited:
I think my wish from the title is enough.

Entropia-2021-08-03-19-05-21.png

Well, personally I never understood why people actually list stuff UNDER the TT value.
Also, I never understood why people would list a 1 ped stack for 50 pec auction fee.

Ah well, some folks just never learn...

Well, personally I never understood why people actually list stuff UNDER the TT value.

The only thing I can think of is someone who had listed something they know for certain is going to go for a lot more. Maybe they're trying to gain views and potential bids by listing under the amount.

When I used to actively list items on eBay years ago I'd start my auction at 0.99 cents. My auctions would typically end up anywhere from $300-$900 at the time. Supply and demand took care of any fears I had listing my items at 0.99 cents. What I gained by starting my auctions at this low price was a lot of viewers and watchers, all waiting to "snipe" my auctions. When you have 2 or more people bidding on your item, the price gets driven up pretty quickly. Consequently, when I started my auctions closer to FMV, the amount of watchers and bidders was noticeably less. The other psychological elements at play here were the sunk cost fallacy and attachment bidders would get by watching my item for 7 to 30 days. There were times where my items listed for 0.99 cents would end up selling for way more than the going rate, all because I had 10+ watchers all trying to get in on them in the last hour of the auction. Of course, other times, my auctions actually sold for lower than the going rate. This was usually due to poor wording in my titles and insufficient interest.

Now, if you lack the user base or exposure to your auction, setting a very low starting bid in Entropia can end really poorly for you. eBay is huge! Millions of daily users. So a 0.99 cent start bid on most items never ends with a 0.99 cent end price. I cannot say the same for Entropia. I would be very careful which items I chose to list for super low start bids in here. But I can see the appeal, in some cases.

Certain things in this game could be started at a low start bid, even under tt, sure, as long as the item is well known enough and enough demand is out there for the item.

tl;dr
People do it to drum up views and spur interest in their listing. It can be a solid strategy under the right circumstances. It can also be a colossal failure.

This is not from yesterday.
Most goods are intentionally made this way "buy for 90% or 180%".
These tricks kill the Markup of each active to fill the pocket of each passive in the game.

Most of these offers are most likely from alt bots who know exactly what they are doing.

None of this justifies undermining the markup we play for.

Back