Question: Will Mindark

Will Mindark meet the 2030 climate goal?

Will we see electric cars or flying cars in entropia?
Will Entropia move away from oil and go green?

Toughts???
Electric cars would pi** off the crude oil hoarders for certain. Depending on how you define 'flying cars', my Kraka (L) is already one. It's not the best looker and needs rust removal surgery, but it does the job.

This is going to initiate a political discussion.

Btw low or high graphics setting translates directly into -your- energy consumption.

we need flying carpets (Toulan) as they use magic and that's free :) and as far as science knows totally non-polluting

It actually uses a form of nawa that is created or creates radiation. So i would say it's nuclear powered :p

A next gen that uses something other than oil, e.g. can use pulped bio caroot etc. might be nice, but eff and enviro is very underplayed in this universe. I still want a little fruit farm that allows others a pick-your-own option for a small entry fee, or other little land use perks, plus way larger distances (on land) for the mode of transport to be important in travel decisions (but not as poor as simple space distances of 45 mins of quad time to another planet solo flying).

A next gen that uses something other than oil, e.g. can use pulped bio caroot etc. might be nice, but eff and enviro is very underplayed in this universe. I still want a little fruit farm that allows others a pick-your-own option for a small entry fee, or other little land use perks, plus way larger distances (on land) for the mode of transport to be important in travel decisions (but not as poor as simple space distances of 45 mins of quad time to another planet solo flying).
Hey! thats a good idea!

Remove oil as a fuel for vehicles and make use of the old housing and planting system to create fuel for our vehicles and spaceships!
I think that would make sence and work as a game mechanic ;)

What do you need MindArk for? You can decide for yourself how you go from A to B.

I don't know about the CO2-footprint of a TP, but I usually TP to the closest TP near my destination and then I run/swim the rest. No need for a car, a VTOL, oil; it's a workout basically :) And yes, I don't run through space.

Besides, there's an achievement that you get for running 1,000 metres I think. If you have been playing for ten years and never gotten that, well, the climate is pissed...

I'm sure MA will do a press release about how they going carbon neutral, approximately 5 years after that trend ship has sailed. Based on previous press releases and how far they were behind the buzz curve. I also predict they probably wont deliver. E.g. referencing their move to VR some years ago. Not that I ever tried their official VR support but I heard it was fairly unusable. As in I suspect it maybe worked but had no UI re-work to make it actually usable. In that case I believe it was simply that Crytek added support to the engine that MA could port for a quick tickbox.

you could argue that "oil" is essentially a proxy for any number of a range of high specialized rocket fuels.

Will we see electric cars or flying cars in entropia?
Will Entropia move away from oil and go green?

Toughts???

Yes, yes and yes.

Also

index.php

Count Van Schlong will have gone vegan and now identifies as a...ah why even...

Back