Question: Will other planets fail like ROCKTropia?

Will other planets fail like ROCKtropia?

• Yes.

Votes: 146 36.4%
  • No.

Votes: 98 24.4%
  • EFD PLEZZZZ LLULZZZ.

Votes: 157 39.2%

• Total voters
Fail?
There are globals at Rocktropia, that means there are people hunting.
BTW, you can´t see mining or crafting globals from rocktropia!

Why is it a fail?

Is CND a fail?

Compare CND globals to calypso globals!

Stupid post !

Far that I can say ....... Mining Globals exist up there :p

got myself a great Lyst :rolleyes: but ages ago :p

But it would be a good thing to see them happening there in Global HoF Chat

So number 1 on my Rocktropia Wishlist would be :
:bowdown:Pls ND and Lemmy add the "on Rocktropia" thing to Global/Hof Messages

Seems like the same old song & dance to me: "Wait! It's gonna be amazing! It's coming soon! You'll be amazed! Just wait! It's just around the corner now.. any time now - just wait and you'll see! Wait ... Wait... Wait... Wait ..Wait."

:handjob:

I refer you once again to the famous Mindark Press Kit:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I came to Rocktropia last week, just before the new missions were released, and I'm glad I did. I've made a tidy profit hunting, with 10 globals, the best return for a very long time.

But then I checked the planets page on Tracker, and see that the number of daily globals has gone down to about 18.

I suspect the timing of the new missions has hurt Rocktropia, but for me, they can wait.

I came to Rocktropia last week, just before the new missions were released, and I'm glad I did. I've made a tidy profit hunting, with 10 globals, the best return for a very long time.

But then I checked the planets page on Tracker, and see that the number of daily globals has gone down to about 18.

I suspect the timing of the new missions has hurt Rocktropia, but for me, they can wait.

Missions could actually be a good way to get some players to go for a trip to Rocktropia. When they add some missions to Rocktropia, i guess those who like doing misson will be tempted to go over there and do them.

Missions could actually be a good way to get some players to go for a trip to Rocktropia. When they add some missions to Rocktropia, i guess those who like doing misson will be tempted to go over there and do them.

I'd go to another planet to do a mission if the reward to do it was guaranteed to be worth more then the charge I'd have to pay to go there, otherwise :handjob:

I think it is rather inaccurate to say rocktropia is failing rather than it is pretty much a shit heap. So the better question to me would be could you imagine a worse cheaper carni-vegas-retard ridden version of entropia?

NO.

rocktropia is like mashing 20 year old mold infested twinkies together after giving them breast implants and painting them a scary colour as to make kids wet the bed at night in fear while contemplating masturbation.

Who exactly owns the missions platform? FPC or MA? Having missions for RT would have been a great introduction to the new "planet".

What a clever piece of marketing strategy (or just luck? :scratch2:) by FPC...Currently has RT down for a standing 8 count.

KAPOW! :)

Just reduce the %#*&! wolves, can't move anywhere without being attacked by pack of these.

No... If they are true proffessionals.
Content wise & graphic wise Rocktropia is a joke.:rolleyes:
I'm sorry to say that but it's true.

Hmmm it is way early to try to justify any amount of numbers as a fail! When you open a new buisness it's not packed on the first opening night and then everyday after that.

How much is the operating cost of ROCKtopia? Prolly just some server usage and some power--plus what ever else was contracted. Remember when T.I. first opened up? ;)

Imo, a planet like Rocktropia should have way less precentage of globals.
Why?
Simple, it should have way more music-related features ... ;)

i had considering 3 % of all globals a failure too, but no wonder its not really worth going there with that travel fees and nothing worth to hunt after

i had expect MA to promote that Planet a bit more, with some great Items in Loot for example

Why?

Music !
Music ?
Music ? :scratch2:

Do ppl really care about that?
Isnt CND - dead as nightclub (not to mention it barely alive at peak point)

Why did ND abandon CND just to make another - music project. When its obvious it dont work around this parts. SecondLife would be much better surroundings then EU if you wanna have radio station. Am i right :scratch2:

I.

Well haven't been there... will be back soon... but with the cost being so high on friggin to get there and back... I wont be visiting unless I get big ass HOF/ATH and even then I might not still... rather just do a CND or CP visit instead, since it offers me nothing new that I cant get at calypso.

When you open a new buisness it's not packed on the first opening night and then everyday after that.

Hehe... depends on the market, the product and who's promoting the business ;)
I can think of many businesses and I can also think of many games that do exactly what you say can't be done.

Why?
:cussing:
Exactly! And fingers crossed, that is the future. Did I mention fingers crossed? Firmly?
:laugh:

Music !
Music ?
Music ? :scratch2:

Do ppl really care about that?
Isnt CND - dead as nightclub (not to mention it barely alive at peak point)

Why did ND abandon CND just to make another - music project. When its obvious it dont work around this parts. SecondLife would be much better surroundings then EU if you wanna have radio station. Am i right :scratch2:

I.

I think he's talking about creative features, a medium.. for collaborations, distribution, networking, brainstorming, etc... not a nightclub.

would need to be a lil less expensive to get to ......MA or whoever put 40 peds as a fee to go needs to rethink that price....

I think he's talking about creative features, a medium.. for collaborations, distribution, networking, brainstorming, etc... not a nightclub.
Yep, exactly what I ment. :)

Failed?

I decided to travel there, and a noobish "hunter" i found it quite fun to hunt Zombies. There are logical areas to hunt them for the lower level zombies. i am skilling up quite well, and getting a decent return for my hunts.

Failed?

ok here is my biggest feedback of note. The world is new, so it has a lot of newer critters, many of them super easy for the high level players. if a high level player spends the money on the hunting with thier high level gear, it won't be as much of an impact. since it is new, the high level areas are still to come. it's more of a taste, and as a noob hunter, it will be a long long long time before i am at the high level needed to consider the losses of high end gear.....and by that time, there will be new content.

so far, pleasant hunting, not getting mobbed a big plus. plenty of easy critters- a big plus.

biggest minus, no economy as of yet, or as large, and big transfer costs to other worlds. right now i am just hunting and stocking up stuff. i have enough to last a long long long time with beginning guns and equipment

So I AM right... ok move RT to secondlife :laugh:

I.

Reactions: Mac
I just had a look at the hunting global comparison between ROCKtropia and Calypso. Lets just say the numbers are not encouraging:

Less than 3% of all hunting globals happen on ROCKtropia. After only 15 days since release, the planet is literally dead space. I would consider that a failure.

So I ask you. Will other planets fail like ROCKtropia?

Will the percent of hunting globals on any planet ever be higher than calypso?

Discuss.

Source numbers can be found here.

Seriously?

I think Rocktropia needs to be given a chance and not be labelled a "fail" after such a short time.

I predict that RT wll become much more popular once they introduce their own basic materials, bps and other items. At the moment there is a lot of new terrain to discover and new mobs to hunt, which is nice, but not enough to keep people there.

I wonder how many of you that like to start these fail threads have actually spent some time there? It is one thing to have an opinion after spending some time there and another to just form an opinion by comparing globals with Calypso.

It is sad that the Entropia Universe experience is very often reduced to "how much money can I get out of it" instead of the entertaining pass time it should be.

We should be welcoming new planets and not burying them before they get a chance to prove themselves.

Cheers :berchug:

Seriously?

I think Rocktropia needs to be given a chance and not be labelled a "fail" after such a short time.

I predict that RT wll become much more popular (once)if they introduce their own basic materials, bps and other items. At the moment there is a lot of new terrain to discover and new mobs to hunt, which is nice, but not enough to keep people there.

Corrected is in bold

I wonder how many of you that like to start these fail threads have actually spent some time there? It is one thing to have an opinion after spending some time there and another to just form an opinion by comparing globals with Calypso.

The sad truth is - when ppl are posting "its a fail" it still aint because they seriously wanna have best of it. Once they stop posting - it surely IS a fail because they dont give a damn about it anymore (such as bank neverdie for the best example)

It is sad that the Entropia Universe experience is very often reduced to "how much money can I get out of it" instead of the entertaining pass time it should be.

Nah - i see it more like -> what do I get for my 10$ playing budget. Considering RT 8$ roundtrip costs - i say not much.

We should be welcoming new planets and not burying them before they get a chance to prove themselves.

Cheers :berchug:

Couldnt agree more, but it aint the community burying them - they are doing that to themselves (with MA supervision). Old players were expecting PE - they got... :scratch2: expencive amateur reworked second life lookalike.

I.

Nah - i see it more like -> what do I get for my 10$ playing budget. Considering RT 8$ roundtrip costs - i say not much.

jup, 8 $ is around the price for getting an all-you-can-eat-buffet for me - eating to much with friends is a lot more fun than shooting at some stupid chicks in an Online Game (and ofc you save foodmoney for like 2/3 of one day ) :laugh::wtg:

jup, 8 $ is around the price for getting an all-you-can-eat-buffet for me - eating to much with friends is a lot more fun than shooting at some stupid chicks in an Online Game (and ofc you save foodmoney for like 2/3 of one day ) :laugh::wtg:

Nice paralel, yet I was thinking about my own "try a game budget". First I play several days free then I deposit the amount in closest proximity of 10$ if I like it - just because I never like to completely freeload (provided they have micropayment system online) or I pay for 1 mth subscription. I have paid for many many games like that.

For 10$ here I couldnt even see the whole game, let alone try to play it.

I.

Been up and back twice, 2nd time went there from CND(a 50 ped trip, wtf ND:scratch2:)

Graphics and gameplay wise it was about what i expected, different surroundings and mobs, same loot and loot distribution...extra heavy on the lyst sauce for bomb droppers...

Personally, i like a bit of change, new exploring, new mobs, new tp's etc the whole feel like a day 1 noob again fun...globalled 3 times(more than i have recently on calypso) in the 2 visits and barely had peds on the card to begin with anyway...

Got pk'ed twice, by 2 diff players as im running around naked, sorry u missed out on any ores, the himi and nice ores came afterwards ;)

Would i go and stay there permanently? No...To me it's like CP and CND, when u can afford to go or feel like change head on up...

Failure? No...Different in a really odd(Though expected) way? Yes...
I dont see it ever being as popular(or unpopular, depending on your view ;)) as calypso and space stations, but who knows where it will be by the time it gets to vu11.

Guess that is dependent on competent management, actually having advertising and PR handled efficiently instead of random news pieces when a world record sale takes place, and possibly the levels of hallucinogenic substances in said management's bloodstream(i still get flashbacks when i think about the psychedelic area formerly west of Fort Troy:eek:)

Kinda wonder what vu1 would have been like on Calypso/PE, and had this forum been around then would all the same people be dribbling the same crap?

The sky is not falling on Rocktropia, the ground is flying upwards man:silly2:
:twocents:

So I AM right... ok move RT to secondlife :laugh:

I.
Depends on how narrowed people want EU to be, I guess. :)
Hunt, mine and craft, but with different graphics, not much of variation imo. ;)
No need for other planets then. No matter what planet we are on, all has
same basic structure in economy.
What EU most definitly need is variation to what we can do.
EU needs a new type of "audience". People that are ready to spend RL-cash
for a entertainment. RCE-MMOG as PC is, has most probably already had a
visit of the majority of those that are interested in this type of game.
So with a totaly different type of features, there might come a new type
of people to EU. No garantuee thou... :)

Depends on how narrowed people want EU to be, I guess. :)
Hunt, mine and craft, but with different graphics, not much of variation imo. ;)
No need for other planets then. No matter what planet we are on, all has
same basic structure in economy.
What EU most definitly need is variation to what we can do.
EU needs a new type of "audience". People that are ready to spend RL-cash
for a entertainment. RCE-MMOG as PC is, has most probably already had a
visit of the majority of those that are interested in this type of game.
So with a totaly different type of features, there might come a new type
of people to EU. No garantuee thou... :)

reminds me of a quote...

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear."

:laugh:

Back