Will the new "super soc" pass Warants ?

Will the new "super soc" pass Warants ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
soundboy, I think you're right. Most people are missing the point of this one, so I will splain to them.

Payn-Inc is just advertising. It is a temporary society designed to take the number one spot from Warants for a day or two and piss them off. After the pissing off is accomplished, Payn-Inc will disband and merge into UU. UU is now the main society. M2S and cK are to UU what W2S and cKs were to them until recently. They have absorbed all former membership from their feeder societies, and left W2S and cKs bare, but supposedly to be rebuilt as things move along. UU has all the most active members from cK and M2S, not just the most skilled. This is to ensure the most members online for LG when it comes along. LG is the whole reason for this monstrosity in the first place. As I mentioned previously, the participants in this new society believe (as do I) that MA will devise a plan to eliminate alliances in the next LG, and it will therefore be required to have a society with as many active and highly skilled players as possible. Through some slick diplomacy, and a bit of power sharing, Star was able to put UU together. Now it's everyone else's turn to either sit idly by and let it happen, or come up with their own mergers to defeat them when LG comes.

Class, are there any questions?

Wrong. Message to short.

Wrong. Message to short.

With all the new UU members telling me how wrong I am, I keep wanting to quote Shakespeare. "Methinks he doth protest too much"

Look, what I am saying is that if FPC changes course and allows alliances in this LG, then there will be an alliance. If they do not, then they are handing you land at the expense of all the other societies. Whether what you do is good or bad depends on FPC's response.

They are not handing us land at all if the rules dont change. Right now We are top within these rules. But anyone can set up a new soc and counter it! Ucan have 200 damn people in a soc. Stop whining. EVERYONE HAS THE SAME OPTIONS. Use em if u dont shut it.

They are not handing us land at all if the rules dont change. Right now We are top within these rules. But anyone can set up a new soc and counter it! Ucan have 200 damn people in a soc. Stop whining. EVERYONE HAS THE SAME OPTIONS. Use em if u dont shut it.

I think I hit a nerve. :D

Not reading ninety-percent of the posts in this thread, all I can say is leave the dabbling to MA. I simply can not imagine MA would let a single society take over multiple (4-5-6, maybe more) land areas, it just doesn't make any sense game-balance wise (you have these people who have been playing for years now, enjoying every up and down this game had, so, unless a hundred people fight them off simultaneously, I can not see how can they be defeated, which again brings forward the question of how balanced this game really is?)

They will overtake a few land-areas (not more than five, in my opinion), and that would be where the game ends for this so called 'super society'.

Take a seat and enjoy the ride, chances are it'll be boring :cool:.

Geez, I cant understand just how many people play this game are defeatist in thier views. cK Shadows came from zero to Land Grab ready in less than 3 years, they were never top 10 but knew the winning combination that imo would have seen them beat some top10 socs one on one (and I repeat some) and given the others a damn good fight.

I guess thats why some socs survive and some die over time. Some know what they are doing, get on with it and work hard at it whilst others cry for rule changes whilst not changing themselves at all.

Oh and whilst we are on the topic of PK and balance it is atm insanely out of balance which does favour the lower skilled atm.

If FPC want epic battles yet introduce guns that are easily maxed and have 200 dmg+ per shot (and im taking a very valid example here) then they are going to get a who shoots first wins event and a one vs one type of event would be epic in its failure - it would be over in a matter of minutes.

But hey, like you say - lets leave the balancing to MA :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I would suggest that if the rules remained the same, merging cK and M2S would actually be a disadvantage. Universe United could only hold one claim at a time. An alliance between (the old) cK and M2S could hold two.

Or to look at a wider picture, cK+M2S+cKS+W2S could hold 4, UU+cK+M2S only 3.

Geez, I cant understand just how many people play this game are defeatist in thier views. cK Shadows came from zero to Land Grab ready in less than 3 years, they were never top 10 but knew the winning combination that imo would have seen them beat some top10 socs one on one (and I repeat some)

Hey, I've mentioned nothing of cK-Shadows, but since you've brought that up, let me just summarize that ANY society in this game enjoying the protection and the help offered and overlooked by a society such as cK can easily participate and secure a certain victory in the LGs, without necessarily knowing all the dos and donts of Entropia ;).

I would suggest that if the rules remained the same, merging cK and M2S would actually be a disadvantage. Universe United could only hold one claim at a time. An alliance between (the old) cK and M2S could hold two.

Or to look at a wider picture, cK+M2S+cKS+W2S could hold 4, UU+cK+M2S only 3.

your counting is wrong... you forget all other soc in top 20 that will do how UU say them to do...so they can handel 20 claim...

Hey, I've mentioned nothing of cK-Shadows, but since you've brought that up, let me just summarize that ANY society in this game enjoying the protection and the help offered and overlooked by a society such as cK can easily participate and secure a certain victory in the LGs, without necessarily knowing all the dos and donts of Entropia ;).

But this is where your arguement falls flat, you are ignoring that some societies have done things you see as impossible. Also, in my post I stated one vs one (ie no cK assistance).

It can be done, you just gotta want to do it.

Which is why landgrab should remain as an open event. It shows who wants it more and who takes time to prepare.

Right....... So U started playing last month??

Ignore what I just said and let me rephrase it?
You spend the last years under A rock?

Last edited:
UU was formed with the assupmtion that land grab may be gone forever.

Look for more info about UU from me and others in the comming weeks.

Now, I'm gonna go log in and chat with my 20 friends about how silly this thread is.

Posted via Mobile Device

hey guys,

a lot of rabble rabble on this thread. it's funny in this game sometimes, perceptions people have, and how they play out here on this forum. a great deal of expected emotion about this change. by all means, vent. as doctor drew would say, let's start the healing.

the simple fact here is that cK and m2s as they existed decided they liked each other. this happened over a long time, i guess. neither society has exactly been strong enough over the last few years to compete on the highest level of the game when it came to events. and by events, i don't just mean land grab.

when m2s looted a few scylla it was with some cK in team. when cK killed proteron stalkers, it was with some m2s in team as well. this merge is about the continued relevance of we the players, of the two groups. it's about our decision to be one group, not two. saying this is only about some fictional land grab that may or may not ever happen, is false. both societies have a ton of strength, that when put together, makes both societies stronger as one on a day to day basis. we want that.

when i first came to cK, i coudn't believe they had let me in. i met rei in late 2005 in atlantis when i sold him dung. i came to cK about two years ago with only around 200 HP, no kill strike, no quickness, no lots of things. i quietly went to my corner of dome 1 and skilled my butt off. cK for me has been about pushing me to meet my goals.

this merge is about progression. some of my m2s clan society mates now make me feel the same way i felt when i came to cK in the first place. the mountain that is Joda is pretty amazing to climb. i feel a renewed since of dedication to pushing myself to higher goals. in a game that gets rather boring, its nice to find motivation and have people around you that keep you motivated.

and lastly, i like star. sorry, i know this offends some people, but let me say it. star often gets credit for things like how he convinced us to "let him win" land grab or how he has now convinced us to "bow down to him" by forming this society. i guess star doesn't mind when you guys do this. but the simple fact is that we like star and the many talented players that surround him. i'm happy to call them my society mates. i'm thrilled that UU is giving me a new place to call home as i push my game further and further over the next few years.

skip

In addition I don't understand the heavy emotional involvement some people seem to have with cK and M2S affairs. I appreciate it though ;)

If you think thoroughly, you do understand, you know that. Remember our "Lasergame" conversation last night?

your counting is wrong... you forget all other soc in top 20 that will do how UU say them to do...so they can handel 20 claim...

You're telling us UU will get to boss Warants around? :D

(sorry couldn't resist to put some oil on the fire)

Have they been ranked yet or is it still all about "I don't care at all about this thread"?

There you go...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
You probably have this point covered, but i have to ask, what is the incentive for the players in cK Shadows now, that all the old and feared players have left cK?

To become the new and feared players of cK ;)

Last edited:
looks like that was rather easy...

Wow they are number 1, what a surprise.

No pink to see here :laugh:

Great achievement:eek

Well I guess it was as expected.

Here is the screen:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Its a good thing noone cares about skills and rank, or this could have turned into a naming and shaming thread. :)

If you think thoroughly, you do understand, you know that. Remember our "Lasergame" conversation last night?

No, I don't. I'm confident it becomes quite a thing to do lasergaming with UU members in the future :)

cK is not gone, far from it. By the logic of some posters here cK died when Demosthenes, Qumefox and Lameth left. I realise most of them weren't around then though, but it shows how ridiculous the argument is. cK is in awesome hands with Tekkie leading it and is an essential part of both PE's history and future.

Status
Back